It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Of America Sets Up WikiLeaks Defense Team

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Bank Of America Sets Up WikiLeaks Defense Team

www.huffingtonpost.com

In a burst of wikipanic, Bank of America has dived into full-on counterespionage mode.

In an interview from October 2009, WikiLeaks director Julian Assange told Computer World that his organization was in possession of cache of information taken from a 5GB hard drive of a Bank of America executive. It apparently took until November of this year for the news to sink in at BofA, where, according to the New York Times, they have now launched a broad internal investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Muahahaha!!!
I am somewhat ashamed of how much I relish this, seriously...
I will fast and do penance for weeks, if only to see this evil institution burn down to the ground forever and ever.
This infernal bank has caused people more misery and hardship than the Great Depression.
I hope Assange makes it so that the executives are on Food Stamps.

"If something happens, we want to be ready," one bank official told the NYT. "You want to know what your options are before it comes out, rather than have to decide on the spot."

15 to 20 bank officials, along with consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, will be "scouring thousands of documents in the event that they become public, reviewing every case where a computer has gone missing and hunting for any sign that its systems might have been compromised."

So far, the team hasn't found the source of the leak. As for the content, the NYT reports that the counterespionage task force is focussing closely on BofA's acquisition of Merrill Lynch, which was investigated by the SEC in 2009 and 2010, along with the bank's acquisition of the ailing mortgage giant Countrywide Financial in 2008.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-1-2011 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Facing Threat From WikiLeaks, Bank Plays Defense

At the same time, Mr. Assange’s own statements would seem to undermine the government-as-source theory, hinting instead that resignations might follow as evidence emerges of corruption among top executives, something the public investigations never found.

“It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume,” he said in the November 2010 interview with Forbes. “For this, there’s only one similar example. It’s like the Enron e-mails.”

www.nytimes.com...

This from the NY Times...

Everyone seems to think that the "UFO" whispers preceded Assange's arrest.
Nay, it was the Bank whispers that got him cuffed and stuffed.

Money makes the world go 'round, folks.

It will truly be a historic day if he brings down the big game. And this, this right here, is really the Big Game.
Not the little insult crap between country leaders he has leaked.
This is the Golden Ticket.
I just hope he really delivers.
And soon.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They've hired a team of assassins and hackers?

Otherwise, I don't see how they could stop Wikileak from blowing up those crooked bastards at BAC.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Seriously, if he leaks some lowdown, dirty, true blue stuff
and nothing changes, and these people are protected...

I really don't know what I will think. I really can't imagine what will happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
May B of A RIP....Rest in Pieces.

I've had two mortgages through them and wish I hadn't refinanced so I could see if they'd find the original documentation that they most surely lost/sold.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

My current mortgage is through these a-holes.

They have tried so hard to lose the payments, redirect the payments... it has been a nightmare so far.
I have threatened them with legal action to stop applying the payments in bad faith.
It will be a sweet victory if they go down.
I asked them last time on the phone if they had my mortgage documents handy and was met with dead silence
on the other end, while I laughed...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

When you smell their blood, go for their throats!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

If they weren't so lousy with guilt,
then why is the name of all that is decent and good would
they be so frantic right now to cover their butts?????

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

If they weren't so lousy with guilt,
then why is the name of all that is decent and good would
they be so frantic right now to cover their butts?????

Fear = blood.

They have made it clear they are afraid so you strike while the iron is hot.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yes, I agree totally with you-
It's so patently obvious that they
have done major crap, and are now
frantic to find the source of the problem...

My question is why even wait for Wiki to nail them?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Bank of America stock fell 3 percent that day, as wire services and the business press picked up on the report that the corporation was the apparent target of Wikileaks chief Julian Assange's threat to "take down" a major US bank early in 2011. The bank initially sought to ward off the reports amid falling share prices. "Aside from the claims themselves, we have no evidence that supports this assertion. We are unaware of any new claims by WikiLeaks that pertain specifically to Bank of America," spokesman Scott Silvestri told CNBC senior editor John Carney.

But the bank's actions suggest it is taking the threat very seriously. Assange has regularly given advance notice of his upcoming leaks and so far has delivered on his promises.

www.rawstory.com...

The hits keep coming.
3% drop in stock. Not much, hope it keeps dropping and doesn't correct itself.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This defense team itself is an admission of guilt. They must be AWFUL worried about something to set up a task force. If it was just regular memos and records you would think their regular legal team could handle it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Exactly my point- why wait for Assange?
They should be investigated now.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I know what this leak will reveal...at least, in part.

Refusal to adhere to client market conduct orders. Daily turnover of multiple buy sell orders to fill their coffers with revenues. A friend (our children have been friends for 8 years) recently prevailed against B of A for just this behavior. Her buy sell order was US Treasuries and US Bonds ONLY (she is retired, her husband a famous actor left this money to her and their son) .The B of A rep took it upon himself, at the behest of his floor manager, to put in numerous, buy sell orders on other assets (stocks, etc.). My friends portfolio was down $2,000,000.00 dollars and dropping.

If this behavior is corporate wide and on that 5gig...people are going to jail and the Fed will have to break B of A up into tiny little bite size pieces. Which will further erode the American financial system. So I am happy on the one hand, sad on the other.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
R.I.P BofA: BofA was no help when people needed loans and are expecting people they gave loans out to pay back and are forcing old timers to use those damn debit cards. So, by setting a "defense team", is BofA admitting to "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" that something smells to the high heavens? Aren't banks originally supposed to just hold the "peoples' money" and not use it against them? What's up with that? Ugh!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What do you expect when you allow others to creaate money out of nothing and loan it tback to you?
The whole tyhing is a giant ponzi scheme!
Haw Haw!
Wake up people!
Smell that coffee?
Well you cant affortd it...er hmmmm....

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Also a point to ponder is how many other banks are collectively shaking in their shoes,
and looking over their records....

Crap rolls downhill.

If BOA goes down, they will all go down.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Did you see those commericals during Christmas. They showed BofA employees helping feed the homeless.

I wondered how many of those people were made homeless due to BofA refusing modifications.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dont think when the newspapers finally report the bank disclosure will be enough to satisfy the american public nor enough to have them prosecuted

However, it sure did work in Iceland in 2009 !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join