It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Rahm Emanuel really leave White House?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A pestering question that google can't asnwswer:

Or should I have worded my first line:

What did Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel have to gain by leaving a high power position?

Rahm was and likely still is one of the most powerful people in the United States which by default makes him one of the most powerful people in the world. I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone with such "pull" in the Govt. would leave such a position.

Did some sort of SHTF that I'm not aware of?

I'm not a big fan of our current administration, but to be perfectly honest if I were in a position such as Chief of Staff I would certainly eat every bit of it up with a spoon.

I suppose if he were aiming for Senator or even Governor I wouldn't be so hasty to jump to conclusions, but going from the White House to a small Chicago office to be Mayor just smells funny.

Anyone else feel like maybe this is another step in the NWO to put a high-power member of the Govt. as dictator of a major US city?

This would be like King Abdullah stepping down to manage a pay by the hour seedy motel next to the airport in the ghetto of Saudi Arabia.

This is old news and full well may be the inner conspiracy nut coming out in me, but to me it seems a little too odd to not ask questions.

Thoughts?
edit on 3-1-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm with you, but I'm still trying to figure it out. I don't believe his story of simply loving Chicago and wanting to be mayor, sorry I don't. I would have thought perhaps he had more to gain financially, you know with all the corruption and all, but Chicago is broke, dirt broke, probably a big factor is Daley deciding to step down so that doesn't make much sense. I have no doubt he'll be "elected" though, I don't see him leaving Washington without some sort of guarantee.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

May be he wanted to be Czar of Chicagostan after the collapse when the USA becomes a collection of city states and judged being mayor now increased his chances.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Good question that I've often wondered myself. Although, I can't say that I'm sad he's gone.

I'm a progressive but for some reason, I've never felt good about Rahm. He always seemed to have his own agenda going on and anyone who didn't agree with his methods or the outcome, were just cry babies. Despite those feelings, the fact that he would leave his White House position to "possibly" become mayor of Chicago, just doesn't make sense. This has to be a signal of things to come, but what?

S&F

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I figured it was because of the stance that obama was taking on Israel. Not sure though. There were 2 other Jewish people that stepped down also. (summers and someone else). Figured they were protesting or something.

I dont know
lol
edit on 3-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They had a spat? a tiff?

Here they are from what I suspect are happier times. The winds and flames of change are still strong when that pic was taken.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60ea7bd619dd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So he can be the boss.

Plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
obama found a new lover so he was ousted

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

You're right, lets see ,"It's better to rule in hell then serve in heaven." Also the charter for Chicago gives the mayor a vast amount of power, more then most American cities.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Rahm may have been chief of staff, but he was still just support staff. What he is doing is creating a career where he is the leader, not the support staff.

people have an automatic assumption that when in politics, the only way to go is up. Your a state senator? Run for Congress. Your a congressman, run for Senate. And so on.

Regional politics are completely different from national. He simply may have wanted it to be simpler. And to run his own show.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

but going from the White House to a small Chicago office to be Mayor just smells funny.

It's quite funny if you think the Chicago Mayor office is a "small office".

I don't see the confusion or mystery. He would go from being a follower to a leader...from not being in charge to being able to call the shots...to a position with a limited lifespan to a position that he could possibly hold for the rest of his career, or use it as a stepping stone.

Like I said...I don't see the confusion.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can't say that I can argue with that, but it makes me wonder why he wouldn't want to have direct influence on the President himself. Running the show over a city of people seems like it's something he would prepare himself for after the presidential term was over.

Don't most parties of an administration go into it knowing that it's going to be for the "long-haul"? Not to mention that I see Obama as a blubbering idiot and I have no doubts that Rahm knew exactly what manipulative tactics to use in order to persuade the president to do exactly or close to what he wanted, within reason of course.

I'm sure that being lower than second in command bruised his ego, but at the end of the day he still had power over and influence over a full blown nation.

On a separate note, quoting the Chicago mayors office as small was said in comparison to the COS office & responsibility of The White House. Fair to say.
edit on 3-1-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: Punctuation

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Rahm is actually "The Wiz" and wants to finally wear the cape and crown that Obama promised him

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The question has to be asked is what could the mayor of a big city like chicago actually do.
What i'm trying to say is look at rudolph Guliani during 9/11...i'm sure he was in the know that certain thing were being done in the months prior and they needed someone who wouldnt ask questions....maybe Chicago is where then next AL-CIAda terrorist attack with occur...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Because its now or never to run for the office. They are not going to hold an election when Rahm feels like it.

People assume that the ultimate career goal in politics is to reach the white house, but that is not necessarily so.

A lot of people leave to try to be governor.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Are people in Chicago really going to vote for this guy? I'm thinking he's already got it in the bag if you know what I mean.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This occurred to me on the way home from work.

He is married with three young children now. When he did this under the Clinton Admin, he was a single guy, or at least didn't have kids.

I think I did hear somewhere once that it may have to do with wanting to spend time with his family.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just look at that picture with Obama. That pipsqueak is a tad too short to be in there with the big boys. Too bad he didn't leave the country for his real homeland.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I heard he and Michelle and Jarret weren't getting along.

the women are in control of Obama, Michelle told Rahm to STFU.

Rahm and Obama were at odds over the healthcare issue, among others

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Are people in Chicago really going to vote for this guy? I'm thinking he's already got it in the bag if you know what I mean.

Peace

I don't know what is wrong with the Chicagoans, something is in their drinking water.

Chicago is the crookedest place on the planet

a couple weeks ago the mayor of Springfield shot himself in the chest with a shotgun,

Did you hear about it on the news?
NO

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 063131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join