It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing...Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Greetings ATSers, I recently was given the movie "Knowing -predictions" starring Nic. Cage etc.

I thought it should be brought to the attention of the members here if not already... it concerns itself with MANY of the topics we chat about here. (from 911 to aliens)

I am not saying it is a 5 star film, but for the interest and crowd here, i'm sure it is at least a 4.

Any other movies with similar content that have gone 'under the radar' ?

Please post!
edit on 2-1-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is an interesting one but we will have to wait for the movie.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
there are heaps a lot of cyberpunk films siuch as robocop gives a grim view of what is happening i also found escape from new york had some police state like images and quotes which dont seem so sci fi now !

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Johnny Pneumonic!

Neo before the Matrix (HA!)

Knowing was a nice flick, I highly enjoyed it. Especially the end

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There's always Conspiracy Theory, hehe...with Mel Gibson, and Julia Roberts.
Manchurian Candidate, of course.
Official Denial, on the alien front...great little movie on the subject.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I still think Robocop has a very accurate feel to it feels less and less liek sci fi and more like something youd see on the 7PM news

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
how about this movie?
Wow it has 8.5 million views!
edit on 31-3-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
I still think Robocop has a very accurate feel to it feels less and less liek sci fi and more like something youd see on the 7PM news

Yeah Robocop was meant to be an industrialised version of the Jesus story with a lot of Messianic stuff in there (Alex Murphy's "death sentence", being resurrected etc etc)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i saw the movie a long while ago and i have to say that i thought the exact same thing as you did! veryyy appropriate 'fringe'/conspiracy material and definitely raises a few thought provoking questions to those spiritually inclined.
now, my problem with the film is that i was (excuse my french) scared #less because i have the biggest phobia of aliens and definitely did not expect it when they appeared hahaa. secondly, the company i was with definitely didnt seem to be on the same page as i was... i was on a "date" with this guy that claimed to be a Christian but he was more of an narrowminded extremist that never held any virtues of a Christian lol. but my point is that everything i would tell him throughout the film he would be unresponsive and quick to argue, for example at the end of the film when the children run through the field with a big tree i said to him "look its the rebirth of humanity on another dimension, its adam and eve all over again" and he was like "NO there is only one adam and eve! how can you even suggest that!"

but i believe that films such as this one, the manchurian candidate, the matrix, deja vu, etc all hold a hint of truth where the filmmakers were inspired by a certain degree to advocate truth and we should take a little bit of information from each text and try and make sense of things ourselves

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Near the end of this movie, they talk about record heats across the US & the world. As the movie progresses and more is brought to light, these heat waves are a result of an overly active sun. In fact, the movie ends with a giant Solar Flare on Oct. 19 that wipes out all life on earth.

A recent forecast released by the EPA has indicated above average temperatures for this summer. In addition, another recent report, posted here on ATS, stated the Mexico is experiencing abnormal heat and radiation form the sun, advising all to wear protective clothing and sunblock over 30 SPF.

Is the movie foreshadowing what lies ahead of us this summer? There have already been many erie coincidences that have come out of this movie. Perhaps the producer is making an attempt to warn the public. Only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If ELENIN is what i think it may be, we will get flash fried by a solar flare 3 to 9 times worse than the Carrington event.... In about two days.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bookmandh2

I wouldn't think that would happen.

The whole world would feel the extreme heat and honestly, it was one of the mildest summers ever experienced with lots of rain and cold weather. In fact, I personally haven't felt an extreme summer in at least two years.

new topics

top topics

join