It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More indications of a silver price rise

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

More indications of a silver price rise

www.economicvoice.com

Up until early 2010 the whole silver manipulation game was dismissed as the rantings of a few ‘tin-foil hat’ wearers, a big conspiracy theory nothing. But that has all changed with whistle-blowers like Andrew Maguire. Remember this was the guy who told the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) about gold and silver manipulation and gave them advanced warning of how it would happen, all of which was proved correct.

Read more: www.economicvoice.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.commodityonline.com

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There has been a lot of manipulation in the recent past by TPTB to keep the price of Silver low. See stories below:

www.nypost.com...

www.commodityonline.com...

Those who have been manipulating this metal price are now less likely to continue doing so since they are being investigated. Silver is in great demand now. China in using large quantities of it. They are modernizing their industry and electrical grid. The metal has a lot of positive signs for continued growth. One cannot, of course, know want the future holds. Prices can go down, as well as up, depending on many factors

Investment of the Year…SILVER (not Gold)

Take a look back over 2010. How did you do investment-wise?

2009 was a year in which the Dow Jones returned 11% and the Nasdaq produced 14.5%, both highly touted as indications of prosperity by Wall Street.

We all know though that Gold was the medal we have seen advertised as the bull investment everywhere you looked in 2010. Gold returned an admirable 29.5% for the year 2010. That’s better than double the stock market! Gold ended the 2010 year at $1,421.60 per ounce

But wait! How about Silver? Are you ready?
Silver returned an unbelievable 82.5% for the year 2010. That’s over five and one half times the stock market! Silver ended the 2010 year at $30.91 per ounce.

In a year that saw Gold being promoted on TV and print as the BEST choice, Silver was far surpassing the yellow metal by leaps and bounds. No one hardly made mention of this.

Analysts often equate the value of Gold with the dollar, but rarely compare the value with Silver. In order to do this task you need the “Gold to Silver Ratio”. This is found by taking the price of Spot Gold and dividing it by the price of Spot Silver at any particular time. This will give you the number of ounces of Silver it would take to buy an ounce of Gold. At the end of 2009 the Gold to Silver Ratio was 64 and at the end of 2010 it was 46.

This means that as Gold was ever moving upwards during the past year, Silver was moving at an even greater rate. Throughout most of history the ratio was 16 oz of Silver to one ounce of Gold. See the linked article:

www.rapidtrends.com...

This means that Silver would still have a long way to go from 46 to 1 to the more traditional ratio of 16 to one

This info is provided in the hope that ATS’ers will do their own research and thought to determine if Silver is a worthwhile investment.

www.economicvoice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I read sometime in the 90's that silver would be first metal shortage if world started using it like the U.S. so I started telling anyone that would listen that is should be number one investment, of course, I never had any money to invest, just being a lay philosopher doesn't pay much
'

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This video is a must view!

Destroy the JP Morgue and the wicked witch aka Blythe! Buy physical silver!

edit on 1-1-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

Thanks.
Indeed, this video is a fantastic evaluation of Silver availability and demand.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In the past week, people have been coming into the local antique shops with scales looking for silver jewelry. The weight of silver now outweighs the worth of antique jewelry. It is somewhat depressing that it will be melted down.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by miken777
I read sometime in the 90's that silver would be first metal shortage if world started using it like the U.S. so I started telling anyone that would listen that is should be number one investment, of course, I never had any money to invest, just being a lay philosopher doesn't pay much
'

Your friends were fortunate, if they listened.
I was touting Silver many years ago when the price was around $7.00 an ounce...and most just laughed.
They're not laughing now, but I am...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
In the past week, people have been coming into the local antique shops with scales looking for silver jewelry. The weight of silver now outweighs the worth of antique jewelry. It is somewhat depressing that it will be melted down.

I understand...but not all of it will be melted.
I remember in 1979/80, when Silver went to $50 per oz, seeing sterling silver sets and beautiful trays being tossed in the melt bin and I rescued some items at melt value for my own use. Usually the really nice stuff will always be worth more than melt value.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by miken777
'

Your friends were fortunate, if they listened.
I was touting Silver many years ago when the price was around $7.00 an ounce...and most just laughed.
They're not laughing now, but I am...

Your laughter now will be a mere chuckle compared to the screaming guffaws you´ll be having this time next year. I´ll be there gasping for breath right with you. I´ve tried over and over to pass the word on, but for the most part all I get in response is faces with 1000 yard stares.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You are correct.

Wise old advice is Buy Low and Sell High. Almost everyone does just the reverse. When Silver gets to $100 per oz everyone will want it including those who laughed when I advised they purchase at $7 per oz. Life is a trip!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
These two videos sum up the current situation and has gone viral among the silver investor community. Part three should be out soon.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Bravo!
These animations really get the story across to those who may not have been exposed to this important story.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My dad has been stocking up on silver for years now.

Morgan Silver Dollars

He said:

"Even if nothing happens, they are still worth a dollar!"

I said:

"Screw a dollar, melt that [self snip] down into some bars!"

He said:

"That would be stupid, in this form people know that it is silver."

I said:

"In that form I would take them from you, put them in a sock, and pretend I was Chales Bronson."

(He might be making bars now, I can't be specific. Since the whole act would be illegal and against the T/C to discuss (either side))

Anyway, you guys keep stocking up on the rocks and metals. I will be worried about food and water.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Silver continues to be one of my primary investments, and it has been for 15 years now.

Completely aside from the manipulation that has been going on, silver has so much merit, that even without an unwinding manipulation, it would still be a very good buy. The more one learns about this commodity, the better it looks.

China is still the elephant in the living room. No other reason is necessary to jump in, the price is still VERY low, from a longer-term perspective. In fact, the China factor may be one of the true reasons the manipulation may be finally coming to an end. It may not be so many whistle-blowers and loud-mouths. In America, you can be right as rain, and be ignored all day long, if you don't have the muscle to matter.

But this is where things change. China does have the collective muscle to change the game. The game is changing, whether we want to see it or not.

The bad thing is that silver climbing so much, so fast, is bound to discourage some. They may see the price as "high", and decide to wait, even if they understand many of the unique investment characteristics of silver.

Historically, this is not usually a good approach. Far better to at least take little bites, get in, and buy strong on dips. Buy stronger on big dips. But waiting? Well, with a literal sea-change underway, a person could conceivably "wait" until silver is $50/oz. At that point, you will be lucky to have a $10 retracement, and even then, some would be still holding back, imagining better chances to come.

No need to gamble. Dollar-cost average, this is something to buy on a regular basis now, in my opinion, for at least the next DECADE.

How high will silver go? A few years ago, at the annual Silver Summit held near where I live, noted silver expert Jason Hommel took the microphone, and boldly announced that he saw silver going to $8,000.00 per ounce! Amazingly, he was not just trying to get a rise out of the audience, he went on to show his calculations and assumptions! Yes, there was a fair amount of inflation assumed, over a 5-10 year period, but it was NOT the primary factor really.

The biggest strength silver has is in real supply/demand fundamentals, that no other commodity on earth can approach. Silver is truly running out, and yet, it will be absolutely essential for high-tech applications, that seemingly admit no substitutes.

As I say to some of my clients: Silver is not just the investment of a lifetime...It is thee investment of all human history!

JR

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Your dad is right on the Morgan Dollars...no need to melt. Morgans are worth a good percentage over melt value.

On the food and water...you are A-OK. I have 15 months freeze-dried food for the family and emergecy water storage, as well. The Silver is to trade for other needs in a time of emergency.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Wow.

Great insights!

Dollar cost averagimg is the key in a long term view, as you stated. I bought most of my silver between $5 oz and $10 oz many years ago and have a Dollar Cost Average of about $7 per oz. I did not buy for investment...just to hold for a possible currency collapse. We are almost there, IMO.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I'm banking on Silver futures but also on metals in general and rare earth minerals to continue to climb with India and China becoming the industrial manufacturing powerhouses. I hope I have enough forethought to bail at the right time. It's just a game anyway. I've won at times and also gone bust; just like at the holdem table.

I'd rather have fun while the sun shines than hunker down in fear hoping for a shtf event; Not that I haven't made certain provisions but I absolutely refuse to buy into doom and gloom.

edit on 1-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I'm banking on Silver futures but also on metals in general and rare earth minerals to continue to climb with India and China becoming the industrial manufacturing powerhouses. I hope I have enough forethought to bail at the right time. It's just a game anyway. I've won at times and also gone bust; just like at the holdem table.

I'd rather have fun while the sun shines than hunker down in fear hoping for a shtf event; Not that I haven't made certain provisions but I absolutely refuse to buy into doom and gloom.

edit on 1-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

I never really bought silver as an investment. I bought long ago for a "worst-case" event and to use as a barter item.

I am not about to let my concern for the future to steal my joy of life. Everything must be in balance, as you so well express. All the best for a great New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just from a sheer financial standpoint

Let's say silver were to go to 50 an ounce in 2011

If you were to purchase 100 oz at 30/oz for a price of $3000

The profit made in physical silver would be $2000 as you could now sell your 100 oz for $5000

I think it is a safe bet we will see atleast $50 silver

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

My overriding concern is that the reason for the increase in metal prices is because of speculation and not actual scarcity. I remember well the Hunt Bros. back in the early 80s. A lot of people ate the big one back then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join