It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger Jet Explodes At Russian Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Passenger Jet Explodes At Russian Airport

uk.news.yahoo.com

A Russian passenger jet has exploded after it caught fire at a Siberian airport, killing three people and injuring 43 others.
The Tupolev plane, which had 116 passengers and eight crew on board, burst into flames after a blaze in one of the engines as the aircraft taxied for takeoff.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.lbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nothing much to say about this apart from not a good start to the Year. Wonder what will come from the investigations. Yet more aviation problems for the Russians. Very sad to see.
Also why are they still on board when the engine was burning. I guess we can be grateful that more were not not killed considering how this went up.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

While that is very tragic, I am starting to see members here posting just for the need to post. There are many other incidents that happened and are happening right now on Earth, which are just part of normal human life. I don't see anything abnormal and unusual in this incident..

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

Perhaps you should look at the flight manifest then ;-)

Who was on that plane?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

this

Also my point in posting was regarding the fact that these plains are banned from some european airports, and with the track record they have are still being used wdiely within the Russian fleets. The same type of plain was involved in the death of the Polish President Lech Kaczynski.

For Clarity: I have no need to post, thought it would of interest to some on this board.

edit on 1-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
While that is very tragic, I am starting to see members here posting just for the need to post. There are many other incidents that happened and are happening right now on Earth, which are just part of normal human life. I don't see anything abnormal and unusual in this incident..

Yet... YOU 'felt the need' to come into the thread and post

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the post. There are some on ATS that like to hear when things like this happen!!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Also why are they still on board when the engine was burning.

Well, the fire started unexpectedly (as they tend to do, when you aren't 'planning' on an emergency).

So, of course they'd "be on board" at the time. Obviously, the evacuation was conducted with some haste, since there were only one (or a few, reports vary) fatalities. AND, the details of that one (or few) person or people dying could be any number of things. Old, frail slow. OR, panic. It happens, when people panic, and go directly the wrong way, not following commands in the evacuation.....

The Continental DC-10 take-off accident in Los Angeles, for instance....1978. Completely full, and fueled for the LAX-HNL trip. Rejected take-off (poor retreaded tires blew, right at the decision speed) and one Main Gear broke, collapsing and tearing open the wing fuel tank, and fire started.

The crew did everything exactly correctly, and quickly. Tragically, one elderly couple, in the confusion, opened one of the exits, overwing....directly into the fire, and against the commands of the Flight Attendants. They were the only fatalities.

www.airdisaster.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meant to add: Those older Tu-144s are probably finicky beasts to maintain. Lots of rather "shoestring" airline operators exist all over the world. When it comes to being "disallowed" to fly into "western" airports, as in Europe or the U.S. or elsewhere, one factor is the noise compliance issue...but, another is the airline's history and standards of maintenance, and whether or not they're up to International standards as set forth by ICAO (www.icao.int...)

So, piss-poor sloppy maintenance? Cost-cutting measures imposed on the employees. to just "get-it-done"? All recipe for potential disaster, like that.

Lucky they were still on the ground, or the outcome may have been very different. Remember the one in Iran, last year??

edit on 1 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Very informative post, thanks for your input my friend

edit on 1-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

Why MrAtomicspace is right. I mean, I am from Canada and I don't think I can turn on the TV or listen to the radio or even read a national newspaper online without having to hear about some plane blowing up within the nations boarders. Especially planes that are fully loaded for that matter carrying over 150 people and only having under 5 fatalities. If the plane had blown up, and killed everyone now that would be a story, cause as I said here in Canada we only have 1 or 2 Boing 747's blowup each day taking out only a couple people, and maybe a pet or two.

However let me add, we don't have them fancy smancy airlines like the USA does that vaporize into nothingness after a crash or combustion, like those planes them anthrax terrorists were flying during 911. Can you imagine, planes that just turn themselves into black holes in the event of an accident as to not leave any big mess around. I wonder we will ever get some of those fancy flying charter busses here in Canada? Wow.....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

What a pointless, rant-filled, ill-informed and ignorant post.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

And your point is

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh, really? Could you please enlighten me about this conclusion you have come to along with examples and references to please.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Really, I have to explain my post was laced with sarcasm in response to post about this thread being unworthy of being posted to read about because according to him a large passenger plane blowing up with only 3 fatalities out of 167(or whatever number it was).

Also StarTraveller, because you asked what my point was I think I ought to tell you that I was lying and we don't have planes exploding daily here in Canada, and in fact I can't remember even when I heard of such event. So sorry, my point is actually it's not an everyday occurrence here at all. However it would be considered news here.

new topics

top topics

join