It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel the globe, interogate civilians, get paid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Think Blackwater was messed up? These folks are hiring.
www.caci.com...
Civilian interogation with government consent?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What? Now when you get waterboarded it's by a private company like Xe? Great, another private company with your information running amok with no oversight.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I thought they were the same thing- didn't Blackwater change it's name due to bad PR?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Think Blackwater was messed up? These folks are hiring.
www.caci.com...
Civilian interogation with government consent?

Not sure what you're referring to. The CACI website came up on the link. Were you referring to the "OPM Investigatory Opportunities" shown on the website?

Okay so investigators go out and conduct interviews and background investigations for people who require a security clearance in order to do their job. Not sure what the big deal is over that. Anyone that has a security clearance has gone through that procedure. I've had mine for 30 yrs now. I've lost track of how many interviews i've gone through.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is one of the techniques of government.

See, you institute a semi private component (ala Federal Reserve) and then FOIA requests do not apply.

It has gone on for decades. This is just another example of the fusion of government and business.

Add in the removal of property rights of citizens and what type of system do you have? Oh that would be a fascist/communist system.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I have a concern with private profit driven enterprise conducting operations along the spectrum that CACI is involved in. With the size of US military and intelligence expenditures I see no reason why any corporation needs to be involved in this. Either the government isn't capable of doing it, in which case it should looked into, or there are activities going on that would not mesh well with current regulations. These folks aren't just doing background checks, click the dropdown arrow in the upper right, that list is disturbing and actually has hundreds of sub menus. Too big, too complex, too many variables.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

It is the best of both worlds for the worst kind of people. You aren't a government employee so taxpayers have no say and you operate with impunity thanks to the support of government entities of a clandestine nature.
There is NOTHING good about this nonsense.

join