It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one become a Forum Moderator?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I was wondering how one becomes a Forum Moderator on ATS. Is it done by posts, stars, or flag accumulation? Is it a referral by another moderator or done by individual request? I searched ATS to find this answer, however did not find anything.
Just curious.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Yes I wondered about that. Can grumpy old men become moderators also. I thought I would ask on behalf of my friend> heehee

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There are four or five specific locales on the planet...all of which must be traveled to in a specific order after which there is a poof of magenta colored smoke...

The contents of the search are unable to be divulged by me...and it may be four...there is a mandatory five shot intake of Rum at each checkpoint...I get the two mixed up...

Good Luck...and invitations are never sent to those who request...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

HHAHAHA

That is fantastic lol!

imaginary star for you

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Something thing I have noticed is that the ones who are able to discover the sacred elixir, seem to be the cream of the crop, they have the uncanny ability to comply with 'all' T@Cs, while either biting their tongues or truly being able to hold their own opinions to themselves when it causes others to get point reductions and even the dreaded banning.

Although it is a thankless job, I have a few members in mind that over these years I feel would make GREAT contributions to your private stock.

It would be interesting to have members pick a few once in a while, my first choice would be ...

Shrodingersdoggie

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

It would be interesting to have members pick a few once in a while, my first choice would be ...

Shrodingersdoggie

And my first pick would be you!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

edit on 31-12-2010 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I certainly know it does not revolve around flags, stars, etc. Just look at some of the Mods and that is very evident. I believe that if you show a high level of dependability, civility, respect, helpfulness, etc... Then you just might be a moderator candidate.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Kinda why I dont get picked for jury duty

ya just have to say the right things to avoid it,.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
First thing is first, you have to have a Napoleonic ego and a willingness to subvert free speech where ever possible. It helps if you have a CIA background, and you MUST BE right wing.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Rule numero uno, do not ask how to become a moderator. Once you do that, you’re guaranteed never to become one.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

How does one become a Forum Moderator?

Never, I repeat, never ever wear brown shoes!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes, only Brown Shirts. < EVIL>
< /EVIL>

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why would you want to be a mod..??

You can never act up!

Never be a little obnoxious!

You have to go deleting off topic posts, t and c violations.

Moving threads around..

Sounds quite boring......

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

What do you mean? I'm being an obnoxious ass right now!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I'm going to alert your own posts and then MAKE YOU RESPOND watch!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why can't I give stars to the posters that should be mods?
O yea, 2nd line.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

That's fine. It will reach our central server in Langley..ahem...I mean Arizona..And from there it will be lost in our vast bureaucracy.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Every New years day, people who want to become moderators have a drinking contest.A shot every 10 minutes until the last man is standing.He is immediately awarded a moderator position along with 3 pounds of alaskan king crab legs with melted butter and an order of cheese fries.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I love the assumption it will be a HE. Hmph!!

Originally posted by brindle
Every New years day, people who want to become moderators have a drinking contest.A shot every 10 minutes until the last man is standing.He is immediately awarded a moderator position along with 3 pounds of alaskan king crab legs with melted butter and an order of cheese fries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join