It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 BIG booms in Louisiana at 3:30 p.m.. Anyone else hear (or feel) that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My family and I are preparing for our New Year's festivities and heard (and felt) two really big, deep booms to our south.

Now, there are thunderstorms today and we have been listening to thunder all day, so it's been ruled ouot. Nothing remotely the same. I ahve also been hearing rumbling booming coming from the sky for the past three months or so, and it was nothing like that, either.

This was more felt then heard, altho it was audible. You could feel it in the foundation of the house under your feet! Seemed deep and huge.

Anyone in northern Louisiana hear or feel anything? I wonder if another pipeline has blown or if a well blew out?
edit on 12/31/10 by jennybee35 because: edited title to add "feel"

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I can empathize with ya.
I wrote a similar thread last month
here in NC.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

these booms seem to be happening all over.

have you looked up to see if the ionosphere
is cracking ???

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ha! That would probably be less worrisome than just imagining the cause of those massive rumble/booms!

They were heard/felt almost simultaneously. I think I'm gonna go check one of the earthquake threads, see if there is something there!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.globaldisasterwatch.blogspot.com...
this site has a history of booms in the states.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Could have been a Sonic Boom

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Silly segador guile is not real. Jokes aside though would a sonic boom shake a house?(Don't know anything about booms on this end) and just out of curiousity was it thunderstorming in the other loud boom thread? Could lightning striking upwards instead of downwards be the cause?(Don't know if its possible even but I am curious)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So have you heard anything else, or any reports about what it may have been?

I don't know if it's just because I am looking, or if there really is quite a bit more going on in your part of the country right now.

Thanks for the info!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

No more booms, just the regular thunder with the storm! My husband was outside at his mother's house when it happened and he believed it was more east than south.

I don't believe it could have been a sonic boom, unless a jet can produce two booms, one almost on top of another. it was a boom you could feel as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm in the Lake Charles area, I have heard some booms all day that have sounded like thunder to me. Considering the weather, I would expect some thunder. At 3:30 today I was riding my motorcycle and I did not feel or hear anything that specific time.

new topics

top topics

join