It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages held in bank robbery in Pearland, TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

bank manager has been wounded during a terrifying robbery playing out in Pearland, involving several hostages.

At about 11:30am, the situation began at the Chase bank at 1915 North Main Street, near a Walmart. Armed suspects are still in the building threatening violence against several hostages. Reports are there are two gunmen and at least six hostages. They are believed to be a mix of employees and possibly customers. Unconfirmed statements suggest that some people inside the bank were allowed to leave in the minutes after the robbery.

At 1:30pm, two people exited the bank. One person was taken into custody.

Pearland police say there were shots fired when the fleeing robbers saw a police officer responding to a 911 call pull into the parking lot. That apparently forced the robbers to retreat inside the building, and the standoff has continued.

About 60 law enforcement officers, including FBI agents and SWAT officers, have surrounded the bank. Police have requested Eyewitness News stop providing live streaming video from SkyEye above the scene, due to security precautions. Negotiations with the suspects, two or more, are underway.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=7873314&hpt=T2

This story just broke. At the moment, this is an ongoing situation. I certainly hope everyone makes it out alive. These robbers seem fairly aggressive and have already shown that violence isn't out of their capability.

Anyone in the Houston area that may have additional information?

Additional source: www.khou.com...
edit on 31-12-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

This is about as much as know, but i'm at work right now, only News station I can get is FOX(cable) and they just made one quick blurp about it,

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hope they can resolve it without anymore people getting injured and no one killed..
Sadly think as the economy get worse there will be more incidents like this..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Be willing to bet that not ONE of those inside are Concealed Permit carriers, and have a weapon on them.

The one place I DO pack is going to the bank.

Man, I hate surprises.

top topics

join