It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average age of users on ats, and when they woke up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Wherever the mods move this thread, i was curious...

No special questions, how old are you fellow ats'ers and at what age did you see through the illusion? What was it that got you started denying ignorance? Was it a friend, a relative, or did you go it alone despite the public and their view?

My thanks!

P.S. very excited about ats radio!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

at what age did you see through the illusion?

Which illusion?

And what of the ATS members that created their own illusion to believe in instead of living in reality?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm 64...

I woke up from the illusion
when I found out my ex-wife was a man.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well depending on what your view on the myriad different subjects and opinions on ATS then I may be either denying or promoting ignorance.

The first thing I ever really saw that got me interested in these kinds of subjects however was Bill Hicks performance that I saw on TV some time in the 90's.

I'm 32

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'm about to be twenty-three in a few days here, not sure what the average age is here and I think it'd be a difficult to stat to calculate.

What illusion are you speaking of? I myself have "woken up" from a few, Creationism and Fundamentalist Christianity being the two big ones. I also woke up from believing that silly 2012 nonsense which ran its course in about three weeks. For a time, when I was twelve, I believed the moon landing was a hoax but by the time I was in my teens and had access to the internet I researched it to find that we did in fact land on the moon. I also spent four or five years interested in paranormal investigation but that ran its course and I never found a shred of good evidence... I could go on and on but perhaps you could specify.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I tried imposing this same question here on ATS, my thread was shut down. A generic message was sent to me informing me you cannot ask for the age of members or other personal info. Just letting you know. I was curious about the average age of users at this time, I suspect the average age has changed in the last year to under 20yrs old, whereas in the 'beginning' of my ATS experience, I suspect the average age was in the 40's.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
im 20

i woke up at 16 when i watched zeitgeist

i fought with my parents about christianity, and won.

ive been atheist ever since, moving towards the left hand path. i remember going thru all sorts of guilt and denial, my whole life was shaken to the core and i decided right there what kind of person i wanted to become.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am 33 and I will take your question to mean at what age did we "wake up" to our own ability to question things we see now as false or manufactured.

I can always remember being different. I liked to ask "why" a lot. Even my mom says so. lol I also always remember really enjoying playing devils advocate. I think both of these somehow always made me assume there was more to most everything than meets the eye.

As to when I really started researching things on my own? In 9th grade I had an extremely gifted ROTC Seargent. He taught me that it was ok to question things outright and never be scared to do so even if I feared the outcome.

He was one of the first that never acted like I was crazy just because I chose to look deeper. I was around 13/14 years old.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Ya, um 16 here.

Slowly but surely waking up throughout my entire life (thanks to random convos with my dad)

Could have slept in a little longer, though...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
26 here....woke up after my second tour in iraq.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
18 here, woke up at around 14 after being bored on the internet and looking for some stuff on UFO's and the like....

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
48 woke up recently after years of questions. Seeing how young some folks are on here, makes me wish I had the answers sooner. I think that the youth of today need change more than ever. They have the intenet to help them find answers. And I think the youth know our world governments don't actually work anymore They have the worlds history of governments in their hands. .Somehow, somewhere their has been an expectancy of huge change. Lets hope the younguns ( this generation, or the next) get that change..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I am 21 years old and I figured out fairly early on that at least one fishy thing was going on when I witnessed a certain event some years ago, heard the explanation given by the authorities, and thought, "Hey, wait, no, that can't be right guys. That is not at all how or why it happened. I mean just look at that &^%$, its obvious," After coming here and reading and researching on my own, I discovered that there was probably a lot of fishy things going on in the world. Natural curiosity took it from there and here I stand, head full of theories and opposing theories, trying to sort truth from fiction and having a damned hard time of it considering most of my interests lie so far back in time that evidence is fleeting at the very best. And for you people that made a sarcastic comment to the OP, I think what he meant by "illusion" is that you figured out that what someone or a group of someones told you to be true, is not true and that they have a myriad of possible reasons for lying and most of the reasons are morally questionable (and no we're not talking about the existence of the Red Terror from the Frozen North). Feels bad man.

Also, that last bit was sarcasm. So ya know.

edit on 12/31/2010 by Torsten because: To obviously point out the obvious.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I was born in 1982 myself. As for when I woke up, I probably am not 100% woken up, and probably won't be until I die and face whatever the truth is that happens then. Anyone alive that claims they are awake is probably fooling themself. Every single day, someone shows me some angle I had not thought of or looked at until brought up. I guess the process started long ago, bit by bit by bit. The big jump happened when I lost everything I had invested in as an adult, and realized credit is a sham. When you can have a house more than 3/4 payed for, and lose that investment, after paying into it way more than minimum, it changes your perspective on things. When you realize, that being fiscally responsible, and being fiscally responsible, if you are born at the wrong time means nothing... It makes you think.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Im sorry you lost everything. I know how it feels somewhat. I lost everything in a flood once in 94 nd again in 98.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I am 25 years of age, and I dont know that I was ever asleep. Ever since I was a kid I have had an over developed sense of justice, and a desire to see right done in all things, coupled with an ability to see wrong where ever it sits. I have never been able to ignore the plight of those who are destitute, because I am from a poor background myself.
I have always known that the government were out to do us damage, because I was a child at a time when the governments activities had devastating effects on my family, and our ability to live day to day. Considering beans on toast as a slap up meal for the first ten years of your life, can offer perspective that others may lack. Having your milk watered down because otherwise it wont last the week, offers insights that persons from other backgrounds cannot concieve of, let alone share. I always understood that my parents loved me , and that it pained them greatly to live like that, feeling as if they had failed to provide for me. They never failed. They fed me with love and comfort, far greater than if I had been the son of a Lord and Lady, far more meaningful than if I had been the heir of some oil tycoon.
I knew then that the only reason our means were so poor was not through lack of effort, but through social engineering on the part of government. I dont know wether I realised this when I was three , or when I was five, but I have a long memory, and I dont recall a day where I could say that I was unaware of the beast in the shadows of our culture.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm 53 and I started waking up when I was about 4. I continue to wake up a little every day. I tend to think that those who claim themselves as "awake" or see themselves as having "arrived", are missing the mark. The learning is not in being awake, it's in the awakening.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm 47.
I woke up yesterday.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm 18 now, but woke up at 15, when researching about Freemasonry myself rather than other peoples opinions that they want world domination etc. From there, have found a lot of truth and knowledge along the way and met many friends and this journey has lead me to this website.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I am 38.

I could not tell you. I have always been into the "woo" things. Loch Ness, etc. But my understanding is a growing, living, changing thing. There are, in retrospects, time periods that are marked by rapid expansion of understanding.

But after a lifetime of study, thus far i can tell you only what reality is not. NOthing about what it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join