It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A number of recent threads in the "off-topic" fora have been unfairly negative towards women. That is unfair, and rather than call the posters names, I thought I'd try to beat them at their own game.

Q: what is so wonderful about women?

A: They smell fantastic.

How's that?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with a women, but some men are so insecure about them selves that they blame it all on a woman. A woman needs a mans attention to fill needed and wanted, but some men are wrapped up in the world that they created and dont notice that the only thing he needs is just a touch from the women in his life. A little kiss or a look but men dont notice unless the woman is standing in front of the TV.The "I left my wife because she was a climate change denier" thread for example if that was a reason to leave a wife(really) IMHO it lay a lot deeper than that insecurity that if she cant see it my way and I shouldn't compromise with her so bye is a load of bull. Women are taken for granted when it comes to men.

Sorry ramble ramble ramble

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They're out to get you man RUN but seriously any guy who complains about women is most likely just gay .

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
in defense of women.... they can defend themselves quite fine, were equally as smart except we have a dong that we think through every now and then. and yes too many homos women bashing today

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

actually, most of the gay man i have known don't have a problem with women. in fact, they tend to have close relations with them.

it is usual the insecure, immature, misogynistic, repressed dudes who have the problem.

edit on 30-12-2010 by mythos because: typos

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think I understand what you are saying hb4r.

There are all kinds of women (just like with men, I assume), so I cannot make generalizations. I have met some that had absolutely no use romantically for a man, and I'm ok with that. Personally, I like a woman (my wife, and her only, ever since she said "yes), just to touch when we pass each other in the house. you know...

To sit close enough on the sofa that our bodies touch. A woman whose OK with me coming up behind her and slipping my arm around her when she's in the kitchen, or caress her as she walks past. Love it when she does that sort of thing to me. Picks up my hand and holds it, leans on me when she stands next to me, that sort of thing...

Anyway. Sorry, my mind is drifting. Wife out of town on business.

I love having a woman around. Sure, it drives me nuts. And sometimes it's often. Like when she thinks she's doing me a favor by "arranging" my stuff on the dresser, or my tools in the garage ("What in the wide, wide world of sports do you thing yer doing!!!?!?!"). Or how she thinks "cleaning" means me carrying old furniture to the dump while she organizes the sock drawer. (there's a theme here, somewhere)

Or when she picks up a topic ( "I want a new car" or "we need a bigger house") and BEATS IT TO DEATH and wont shut the hell up about it until I have begun to shout that I never want to hear that damn word again.

But this is still in defense of women, because she ( and they) are worth it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

In my experience with the most lovely woman on this planet, at least in my eyes and heart..

She can take my breath away with a smile.

She can fight like a tiger to uphold her beliefs, or to protect an innocent.

She can hold me up when all I feel like doing is folding and crawling into a hole.

She is my Number 1 cheerleader, no matter how crazy a thing I try, or how hard I've been hit by something.

She can take me down a peg or two when I need it; she loves me but that don't mean I own her or vice versa.

She lights up when I simply bring her a rose for no reason.

When I am at work, the only thing I can think about sometimes is simply holding her.

She phones me when she is at work, just to say she loves me.

I rub her feet when she gets home, and she rubs my back when I get home. Who ever is home first starts the laundry or vacuums or does dinner. And neither of us wants to be anywhere but home with each other and our four cats.

We love each other.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is “What does a woman want?”

SIGMUND FREUD, Ernest Jones' Sigmund Freud: Life and Work
-------------------------

The sexual life of adult women is a “dark continent” for psychology.

SIGMUND FREUD, The Question of Lay Analysis

I'm supposed to have a Ph.D. on the subject of women. But the truth is I've flunked more often than not. I'm very fond of women; I admire them. But, like all men, I don't understand them.

FRANK SINATRA, quoted in The Way You Wear Your Hat

Q: What is black and blue and doesn't like sex?
A: The *&^%$ unconscious in my trunk.

MY BARTENDER, quoted from a few months ago.

edit on 30-12-2010 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah I used to think like that.
That women needed to be defended.

Than my wife whooped me good.

Now I realize it's me who needs defending!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Personally, I think that some of what we in the west think of as "feminine" traits are actually cultural rather than biological. For instance, pop culture lauds women being impulsive, even though (or perhaps because) it often proves to be their undoing. The whole "follow your heart, and damn the consequences" makes for fine theater, but ruins lives and gives people a permanent case of the "what-ifs".

One of my wife's finest qualities is that I can "try out" various scenarios on her, when it comes to dealing with my employees or bosses. I will call her at her work from me at my work, and tell her what those effing imbeciles down in sales have come up with now, and exactly how I'm going to describe it to the board of directors. She listens patiently, and then points out that unless I can show how it is in their self-interest to do as I say, that I'll only be generating needless opposition. She has saved my career at least five times in 15 years of marriage. I've yet to meet a man with that level of insight into social dynamics. Now, that isn't a biological given, by any means. But many women have a knack for this that males in our culture have not developed as much.

She also looks great in pearls. Sometimes that's all it takes.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A quote from the musical Camelot:

"How to handle a woman,
There's a way said a wise old man,
A way known by every woman,
Since the whole rigmarole began!

Do I flatter her, I begged him answer,
Do I threaten or cajole or plea,
Do I brood or play the gay romancer?
Said he, smiling, "No, indeed!"

"How to handle a woman,
Mark me well, I will tell you sir!
The way to handle a woman,
Is to love her, simply love her,
Merely love her, love her,
Love her!" "

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't blame women or men. I blame the media and cultural factors, perhaps some religion factors, and materialism especially.. The media, culture, society modifies people, both men and women to be polar opposites... Women are conditioned a certain way and men are conditioned a certain way. Think the show Jersey Shore and the movie Cinderella, the cartoon GI-Joe, the materialistic Martha Stewart, the depressing (to me) Sex in the City.

This isn't an accident.

If the Illuminati wants you to think men are from Mars and women are from Venus then they will make you think that. It's an example of their power: To completely control everything, even men and women, based on esoteric beliefs that just befuddle my mind.

I doubt men and women are this way naturally... Something is amiss here. Something that has happened fairly recently...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just want to say thank you for a refreshing thread and for all the nice things the men have said in here. None of us are perfect, but when we work together in a relationship and learn from our mistakes. we mature and grow together as individuals. We comminicate and do not assume. We respect each other and never take one another for granted. We lift each other up when one is down. We keep humor and laughter alive. We are there in each others shining moments or darkest hours.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Just want to say thank you for a refreshing thread and for all the nice things the men have said in here. None of us are perfect, but when we work together in a relationship and learn from our mistakes. we mature and grow together as individuals. We comminicate and do not assume. We respect each other and never take one another for granted. We lift each other up when one is down. We keep humor and laughter alive. We are there in each others shining moments or darkest hours.

Now here's a real girl got a number ? Just kidding

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

There is a book that I highly recommend called" You Just Don't Understand: The Conversation Between Men and Women" by Amanda Ripley.

It has a pop title but is anything but. it is based on a lot of research and data, and is so detailed, it actually changes your view on how conversations are held.

It also goes into how much is generated by society, how society encourages men to act the way they do, and how women are also conformed.

It is extremely informative.

and it does support your claim that women are much more understanding of social structures, because women develope complex social structures, where men tend to conversate for dominance and status.

The book does not take sides, it does not say one side is better then the other, it simply illustrates how both are different.

Fascinating read.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have also learned that if someone is bitter and resentful about a former partner, and despises them and make them out to be evil, that they are usually the ones who created the problems. They can't accept their responsibility in how the relationship ended. If I hear a story from someone about how evil and wretched their partner are and that person left them for no good reason, that you learn that the person had a pretty darn good reason for leaving them.
A mature person can admit their failures and their downfalls. They can admit how they contributed to the failure of a marriage. If they produce that the failure is all on the other person, that is a red flag.
Anyone I have met who has done this, has many failiings, and is not an easy person to deal with. How mature and stable can they be if they say: I am perfect, she was completely wrong?

My husband, is one of these people. He tells others how I am selfish and irresponsible. yet he doesn't tell people that I have supported him through school, supported him through years of legal troubles, supported him through firings and months of not having a job. That I was there when he was sick for months at at time. That I often carry the responsbility of the entire household, while sick myself.

When you deal with an unstable person, you are only getting one side of the story.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

That was a lovely post. May we each strive to lift another up today, and brighten their path.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Q: what is so wonderful about women?

A: They smell fantastic.

Just like a guy, it all depends on WHERE and WHEN you're doing the smelling...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Everything is in context.

When we're going out, and she's all dressed up, particularly with a lovely necklace. She has put on some perfume earlier in the day, and now it has mixed in with the airs of her makeup and shampoo and just her very own smell.

Just wrap your arms around her in a hug and nuzzle her neck, and breathe in that welcoming allure. Take her free hand in yours and start to dance with her just a bit as she giggles that "we'll be late, silly!"

You could overlook any fault in that moment, forgive any debt, make any amends, just for the joy of standing in her space for a few seconds longer...

top topics

join