It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest thieves sit on the bench and cops are more likely to be rapists and murders

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry for the long title but I was hijacking another thread and thought this would be a better place to focus on this issue.

My point is that the drug laws, largely the confiscation laws have turned the court system into joke, PAs are no longer interested in cleaning up the street....their job is to GENNERATE INCOME for the county. They do this by confiscating houses, bossiness, cars, etc............and 80% of the time no charges are filed. It is up to the victim to PROVE HE WAS NOT SELLING DRUGS..........how do you prove a negative?

The site injustice everywhere has statistics that show per 100,000 people the police are more likely to commit murder, rape and assault the the people they are protecting/arresting

258 people murdered last year by police officers
200 women raped by police officers
219 children raped by police officers

And politicians want to give the courts and police more power and less oversight?

Let me state this is not to say all police and the courts are evil.........just to point out a system that is broke and badly in need of fixing

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
*Insert random number here* Cops did *Insert horrible crime here*
*Note to self, don't add links*
edit on 30-12-2010 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

here is the link

www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

The following report was generated from data gathered in the months of April 2009 through mid-December 2009. In the those 8.5 months there were:

3,445 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked by the NPMSRP
4,012 – Law enforcement officers alleged to have engaged in misconduct.
261 – Law enforcement leaders (police chiefs or sheriffs) that were cited in those reports.
4,778 – Alleged victims of police misconduct cited in tracked reports
258 – Fatalities reported in connection with alleged instances of misconduct.
15.05 – Reported incidents of misconduct tracked per day on average or a report of misconduct every 96 minutes.
$198,943,000 – Reported costs in police misconduct related civil litigation, not counting legal fees or court costs.
980.64 per 100,000 – Estimated average 2009 US police misconduct rate (PMR = officers implicated per 100,000 officers)

this is from just 8 months in 2010

From January 2010 through September 2010 the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project recorded 3,814 unique reports of police misconduct that involved 4,966 sworn law enforcement officers and 5,711 alleged victims.

3,814 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked
4,966 - Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (263 were sheriffs or chiefs)
5,711 - Number of alleged victims involved
193 – Number of fatalities associated with tracked reports
$213,840,800 – Estimated amount spent on misconduct-related civil judgments and settlements

edit on 30-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Now for the fun part... guess who is importing the drugs in the first place!

Here's a notion.. I am going to produce a product, and then I am going to sell it to you at about a 10,000 mark up in costs. My product is addictive so I know that you will be a loyal customer.

Oh, and BTW, I have rules in my house, and one of my rules is that nobody is allowed to possess the product that I produce and sell while they are in my home. If they are caught I reserve the right to fine them, enslave them, and confiscate all their property.

And, well since I now have the product that I initially sold you back in my possession again... might as well resell it.

Bernie Madoff picked the wrong scam... he could have made some real money here.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
here is another link, the information is from 93, but things have only got worse not better

www.fff.org...

Throughout America, police are now seizing cars, houses and bank accounts — without trial . . . and killing innocent Americans.

The police now have the legal power to confiscate anything and everything that you own. Without trial, conviction, or even indictment, police are seizing cars, bank accounts, homes, and businesses from at least 5,000 innocent Americans every week. If you resist a police confiscation, they can even cripple or kill you with impunity.

Police say that carrying more cash is "suspicious behavior." Under current laws, suspicion is all they need to confiscate your property.

If you are also carrying valuables — such as jewelry, or driving an up-scale car, they often confiscate that as well. In the last four years, these legalized highway robberies have brought in $8 million for Volusia County.

Similar car confiscations are taking place throughout America. In Houston, over 4,000 cars a year are confiscated. In New York, it's over 10,000 cars. Police car confiscation squads now operate in Louisiana, New Jersey, Alabama, Arizona, California, Texas, and many other states.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yes I myself think these cops that are crooks shold be put under the prisons not in.
I know of Judges, narcocops, that are coc aine addicts, and cops getting busted for drugs and walking with a slap on the wrist.

What about the Iran-Contra farse, CIA black flight caught with coc aine and guns, that's the way to deal drugs, I heard the CIA made the best Crack, till the middle man gets hold of it.

I know one guy got busted, the DEA said yeap One bag of dope, One bag of cut, it was Two bags of Dope, crooked cops.

What makes me sick is, real justice is how much money you have or who you know, that's real justice.
I've seen it to many times, makes me want to puke.

This one cop shot the guy while he was on his stomach on the ground, he was defending hisself.

The other thing is if you have a high IQ, then you can't become a cop, what abunch of Morons.

The old days, good cop bad cop, catch a guy , he's got a bag of weed, well let's take him in, no he's a good kid let him go. Ok, they let him go, take his dope, drive down the street see if it's any good. That was old days now most cops get randon drug test, can't smoke pot and keep job.

I remember I was 16 years old working in a gas station and this cop was shooting a 55gal drum, in the back room and saying it was me.

I knew another guy a Sheriff, he would brag about how he was the bigest crook you would ever know. This other sheriff turn-key was afraid to carry a gun, but said all cops are Heros, what a arse, just because you put on a badge doesn't make you no dang Hero.

With Serpico, they found out 10 % of the cops were Good, 10 %, were BAd, the other 80% would go either way, what the hell does that tell you about our dam modern Society. Were screwed this is a profile of the whole system, 10% Crooks, 10% Honest People, the other 80% are any way the wind blows in their favor.
This is all the back room deals, we are out numbered by the Crooks in power, They all need to be taken down, the power returned to the people, common Law, not Nazi oppression.

Prison is a Bussiness, Haburton, Cheney, they want the prisoner to stay in prison more money, it's all about money not justice.

In the future they will laugh at how stupid people were in this time, as we laugh now at the inquisition, the Salem Witch trials.
If we can laugh at what we want and are not told when to laugh and when to wipe our aeses.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

It is like the Salem witch trials complete with having those arrested forced to turn in other members of their "coven" to escape worse punishment.......up to and including having them plant evidence on innocent people.

The new "terrorism" laws are just an extension of this perverted form of justice. The total amounts are kept vauge at best to conceal the true extent of the issue...........with the average citizen cheering them on...........till they or their kids get caught up in it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
72.76% of people who use the word "googolplex" in their name are more likely to put some BS numbers together to make insane, baseless, and inflammatory statements about judges and police officers being monsters and the root of all evils...

Unfortunately only 0.014% of the people with the word "googolplex" in their name will deny ignorance instead of feeding more BS to the cop bashers...

Magnum

P.S. I scored 130 on my IQ test, and I'm a cop... Gee I wonder... I guess I'm so corrupted because I'm a cop that I MUST have threatened the psychologist who administered the test so that I get a better score... Idiots...
edit on 10/12/30 by Magnum007 because: To add post scriptum

edit on 10/12/30 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

edit on 30-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Re-read my post... I made a mistake on the name... I'm doing 3 things at once... sorry for the mix up...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Oooooh ooooh....... you forgot: Pedophiles in churches too.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

no problem

I was hoping this could be a debate over how to fix the problem

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You have a choice in going to church or not but you dont have a choice about being raped by the system.........and before someone says.........dont break the law...........this isnt about the real murders and rapists behind bars.........its about the system going after innocent people for profit and how SOME abuse their power

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The problem is the perception from the public. In my career, I've worked with many officers. I can only say 1 was actually corrupt and 1 that had "anger issues"....

People demonize police officers like the US government demonizes "domestic terrorists"... If you publicize enough crap to the people, then you can convince them of anything you want...

Quite honestly, if people would talk to the police instead of staying away and just relying on "people's experiences" (isolated incidents on good people, or the usual BS repeat offenders like to say) they would see that we aren't bad at all... I suggest you go talk to officers on the beat. You'll see that they are people just like you! Share a hot dog and a pop with them and see what they're like! I know that when people approach me with questions, I'm always willing to answer and to talk. Instead of looking up numbers about cops, go out there and find out for yourself. Find out by meeting with cops and talking with them. Ask them about their experiences, their calls, their anything. You'll be quite surprised at some of the answers!

Coming into the job I knew that I wouldn't always be liked or even tolerated. I know one thing though, those people who usually cuss at us or who hate us, are one of the first to report things to us and require our assistance...

Look up stats on plumbers and electricians thieving people in their own homes and over charging elderly people. Look up stats on mechanics over charging or doing unnecessary repairs when women come to them. You will see that we LEOs are average when it comes to how many of us are bad...

Magnum

edit on 10/12/30 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

The problem is plummers and electrictions cant shoot you or have you put in a cage for 50 years if you protest. I think the issue lays more in the judical end than in the police departments themselves, but i have known dozens of corrupt police.........but all were in 2 counties.....the feds had to step in and fired almost every cop in one county but the other is still going strong.

Your avatar shows you to be in canada so we are kinda comparing apples and oranges

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't believe that police have a higher percentage of corrupt members than most other careers.
On the other hand, judges are the most corrupt group of people in this nation. The entire system is ripe for corruption, and many judges fall right into that corrupt cesspool. In addition, in criminal cases, there is no question that judges and prosecutors frequently confer with each other, regarding cases, contrary to law. Furthermore, judges are frequently bribed in corporate cases, with the bribes being extremely large figures.
Every so often, the stupidest corrupt judges are actually recalled, as a show. Usually, these judges are actually the smallest offenders, but have been so blatant in their stupidity and corruption, that there is no choice left but to throw them off the bench.
For those interested in reading first hand information concerning the corrupt judicial system, peruse this:

www.americanchronicle.com...

or this:

www.globalresearch.ca...

The recent pattern of American violations of international law are ultimately based in the corruption of the USA domestic legal system. Phony USA courts are very dangerous even for travellers and visitors to America, who can easily wind up among the USA's more than 2 million prisoners, or lose all their family's possessions to corrupt American lawyers.

All world citizens should know how the corrupt USA legal system, is a danger to every traveller, visitor, and guest worker from overseas, and to every individual who takes the risky step of entering upon American territory. Just ask the overseas families of prisoners who were put to death inside the USA, with their embassies never even being informed that they were arrested - or the many foreign people serving hugely long prison terms in America, after they were jailed on flimsy tainted "evidence" from criminal snitches.

The reality is that the United States of America, which proclaims itself the "land of freedom", has the most dishonest, dangerous and crooked legal system of any developed nation. Legal corruption is covering America like a blanket.

The corruption of the USA legal system is well-known, but also well-hidden, by the news services of America's corporate-owned media. The US media companies are afraid both of reprisal, and of the social revolution that would come from exposing the truth. Here is what the US media companies know, but are afraid to tell you about American "justice".

Furthermore:

Concentration camps with concrete walls

America has the largest prison gulag in the entire world - yes, right there in the USA, the self-proclaimed "land of freedom". The starting point for understanding anything about the USA, is to digest the fact that just this one country, the United States of America, has twenty-five percent of ALL of the prisoners in the entire world.

More than 2 million prisoners - more than 1 out of every 150 people in America - are behind bars in the American gulag. This is now the world's biggest system of what are effectively concentration camps, though most of these prisoners are behind masonry walls and inside prison buildings.

For minorities, the statistics are even more brutal. For example, the USA is now imprisoning about 1 out of every 36 people in its black population. American "justice" is especially focused on jailing young black males.

Quite amazingly, Americans and the American government, continually criticize the legal systems and so-called "political" legal proceedings in other countries such as China, Russia, and even Belgium among many other places. Yet, for example, the proportion of prisoners is 30 times higher in the USA than in China, even though China is a country regularly criticized and denounced by the USA government.

No one imprisons people as readily, or casually, as does America. As you learn more about America's horrifying legal system, you find out how easily and carelessly America arrests people, and tosses innocent people into prison. It is estimated that America has at least 100,000 completely innocent people in jail, but the statistics of innocence may well run far higher. The number of people known to be innocent, and yet who were actually sentenced to death in recent years in America, is already running into the hundreds.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My truck was just stolen and I had the chance to have a very nice conversation with a police officer! He found my truck yet his hands are tied on what he can do with this criminal....the thief left his mail/christmas cards/tools and cloths in my truck and ran for it. Even though they have this crooks name and a video of him in my truck and then using it and fleeing from it, the cop is still not very positive about an arrest! I'm like "What!" He said he can pin the guy for using it, but he can not prove the thief stole it unless he gets evidence of it being at his residence/finger prints inside the truck ect ect. So in this thief's mail was a notice from a judge to appear in court on other crimes (7 crimes for theft over $5000.00) so this guy already stole 7 other vehicles and the judge let him go on $5000 bail. Guess whats he's out doing, thats right, he's out their stealing stuff to pay his mom back for the bail money! HAHAHA! NOT FUNNY! and he is still free!

So the cop is very disgruntled in the whole system. (he told me so) I asked him, why is this guy even on the streets considering he has a 35 year history of theft! He's in his late 40's. The cop said, that when someone is finally put in jail for crimes like this he may get 2-5 years out in 6-12 months for good behavior. Then every time he's convicted after that he gets less and less time for his convictions EVERY TIME! WTF is wrong with our judges?

Also then they close mental hospitals and just release these people into the public....What happens to them? They get the same treatment or just released right back out because there is no where for them.

So I went to the address this guy supposedly lived at. (4 pieces of his mail said he lived there in a 19' trailer and there were also court docs that said he lived there and that court appointed officials had verified his address. Guess what, on the dec 16th 2010 he was confirmed living there. Well I was there Dec 28 2010, and the nice older couple who where not white like this guy have lived there since dec 1st 2010. Also there is no room to park a 19' trailer anywhere on the property. I had a long look around......2 1/2 hrs worth of investigating the property all sides and a good look in the garage. Even the 3 neighbors side,side,and across the road only remember seeing brown people in the building for the last 6 months. NO WHITE 45 year old people live there at all.

I guess judges are stupid, or have there hands tied.
police officers are disgruntled in the system and there hands are tied.
court appointed investigators in where people live don't do there jobs, or there hands are tied.

So how can you expect cops to be all HIGH and PERFECT in your eyes! They have a job and do it. If they beat on a drug dealer or someone who is resisting.........you try doing there jobs for a while and see what your take is on humanity after a while. If they take one stack of hundred dollar bills off of a criminal and submit the other stack as evidence, so what........he's paid # anyways and risks his life every day! You try doing his job.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

It's still a matter of abusing, misusing and corrupting power. I am on your side. I was just trying to bring up another 'conflicting conundrum' if you may...

The Vatican pretty much rules this planet so yes, you're right, we choose to go to church but they are very influential in society. Hell, when you get arrested by these cop-raping authorities, you have to stand in front of a 'judge' with your hand on a bible so.............there ya have it.

It's corruption at its finest.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well I grew up with cops in my family, my best friend's dad was the Chief of Police in a certain city of more than 4 million people and I spent 7 years as a cop and guess what? I came to the same conclusion as your title OP.

Police departments everywhere are full of adrenaline seeking power junkies who get off on wielding power over others, or bitter haters of life, or straight up criminals. I saw rapists, drug addicts, wife beaters, alcoholics, pedophiles and more in the police department.

The police hire these knds of people on purpose where they used to look for a totally different type of person who viewed police work as a service to their community and actually used to try to avoid people like vets because being in a warzone is NOTHING like what being a cop is supposed to be. And citizens are NOT enemy combatants but fellow community members and neighbors. Then 10-15 years ago they started hiring these more violent aggressive power mongers.

The departments also cover up just about everything they possibly can from public eye instead of trying to clean up departments. They move bad cops around instead of firing them and even cover up crimes committed by cops.

There are a few good cops left but the departments and the people they hire now are nothing more than goonsquads to enforce the will of the corrupt power mongering government.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You're spot on when you say the Courts are about making money - that's exactly what they are. The people are duped into thinking that they are there to ensure justice, to serve the people, but that's not the case. The Courts are corporations, independent corporations, and their business is making a profit. They are part of the corporate system, and as such are de facto courts not de jure courts. The issue is not so much justice but contracts, money and profit. Add to that a huge level of corruption - and you've got the courts we see today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join