It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift Evidence? West Antarctica Was Ice Free, Year Round, 60 Times In The Last 14 Million Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The latest paleoclimatologic research from Antarctica shows that the West Antarctic ice sheet has melted and that West Antarctica has been completely ice free, year round, for periods of several thousands of years, 60 times in the past roughly 14 million years or so.

In addition to this, the latest paleoclimatologic research also shows that large portions of the East Antarctic ice sheet have melted and that East Antarctica has been largely ice free, for several thousands of years, about 3 or 4 times in the past 14 million years or so.

These warmer periods appear to occur at regular intervals of time.

During these warmer Antarctic periods, plant, tree, and animal life are said to have been abundant in the Antarctic region, both on land and in the ocean...................

Let's think about this, 60 times in the past roughly 14 million years, comes to an average of once every 233,333 years. The 14 million year date is of course just a rough approximation, so it could be more or less than that. Let's say somewhere between once every 230,000 to 250,000 years for example. This would account for variations in dating methods for such long periods of time.

So about every 230,000 to 250,000 years, the West Antarctic ice sheet disappears year round, for periods of time that last into the several thousands of years.

While the East Antarctic ice sheet largely disappears and East Antarctica becomes largely ice free, year round, for several thousand year periods, about roughly once every 3.45 to 5 million years.

During the periods when the West Antarctic ice sheet melted, the average land temperature in Antarctica rose about 4-5 degrees. There is no reason given by scientists as to why this has happened so many times in the past.

When large portions of the East Antarctic ice sheet melted, the average land temperature rose about 8-10 degrees.

So, the question is then, is this evidence of the Earth's poles shifting? That there has been such dramatic climate change in West Antarctica so many times, and that it appears to have occurred at regular intervals, seems to indicate that some type of severe cyclical climate change occurs on the Earth.

Of course, the mainstream academia and scientists will probably never suggest, nor admit to such a thing being possible, but it is nonetheless, quite strange that the climate makes such severe and drastic changes like that in Antarctica, from cold to warm, over and over, and that it appears to do so at regular intervals.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Red Cloak because: error

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

I really hope that posting at least one link to research findings just momentarily slipped your mind and you didn't just make all that up.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You must also realize that Antarctica has been moving for the last 14 million years due to plate tectonic movements. If part of the land mass was on the edge or north of the southern arctic line, then it would have just as likely had the ice melt, without needing high temperature changes.

Just a thought

SM

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That's really cool, and I'd love to dive into this and research it more. Can you provide a link so that I can, please?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is absolutely fascinating! I second the link request as well. Antarctica fascinates me like no other, the mesmerizing frontier it is.
S & F!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Me too, I would love a link!

There's another thread which talks about findings that fish once swam in the Sahara....and I can't help wondering of the two could be connected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The NOVA episode that has been airing the past week talks about the ANDRILL research team and their findings that the ice sheets melted and refroze many times.
www.pbs.org...
www.andrill.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMarshall
You must also realize that Antarctica has been moving for the last 14 million years due to plate tectonic movements. If part of the land mass was on the edge or north of the southern arctic line, then it would have just as likely had the ice melt, without needing high temperature changes.

Just a thought

SM

Very true. However, that does not explain the western ice cap supposedly melting around a quarter of a million years ago.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Red Cloak because: error

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

There is a guy who has been doing a lot of research on geomagnetism. Here is one of his graphs with links to lots of other info.

www.vukcevic.talktalk.net...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A magnetic pole shift would not have any noticable affect on us except for the navigational tools that would change.

Further more I think this is very bery interesting and I would really like the data that suggested these conclusions.
Damn... I feel really excited about this. Please post the data if someone has it ? Please ?:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
OP how about a source for this information.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i searched and and found these videos which i hope explains it better while at the same time provides the proof needed for this thread ..

www.crystalinks.com...

The theory of Crustal Displacement states that the entire crust of the Earth can shift in one piece like the lose skin on an orange. By studying the carcasses of the woolly mammoth and rhino found in the northern regions of Siberia and Canada one can see the land these animals gazed on was suddenly shoved into a much colder climate. Their stomachs reveal food found in warm climates where they grazed just prior to their deaths. This was found frozen along with them suddenly. Thousands of animals were found to be frozen in a brief moment of geological time. Ancient maps of Antarctica suggests that it too was 'frozen over' in a brief moment in time. It has been suggested that approximately 12,000 years ago there was a displacement of the Earth's crust. The entire outer shell of the earth moved approximately 2,000 miles. When the Earth's crust shifted all of Antarctica was encapsulated by the polar zone. At the same time North American was released from the Arctic Circle and became temperate. This is based on the theory of Continental Drift - the continents of the earth have been slowly drifting apart over millions of years. This is possible because the outer crust of the Earth floats upon a semi-liquid layer.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Only a handful of of reasonably well preserved mammoths 'mummies' have been found - the vast majority of remains are just bones. They died at various times over the past few tens of thousands of the years, the most recent around 3,500 years ago. One of the best preserved died about 40,000 years ago. It's been shown that in some cases at least they died by drowning (erect penis and presence of silt in lungs) - probably as a result of falling into a mud pool, or being swept away by a river during the brief Pleistocene Arctic spring or summer. They were all well adapted to a cold, dry climate and there is some evidence to suggest that a shift to milder, wetter, weather conditions led to a population crash. They did not live in forests, but in what is named (after them) the mammoth steppe - mostly cold grasslands. Pollen from the mud in which they have been found, and remains of food in their stomachs (like most animals, elephants take more than a few minutes to fully digest their food!) show that they fed on Arctic plants commonly found at similar latitudes today.

Of course, that's the scientific opinion based on many decades of research and study of mammoth remains. What the official government position is I wouldn't have a clue. Knowing most politicians, they probably think the mammoths are giant underground moles which die on exposure to daylight

From a post by Essan.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join