It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mocked Meteorologist Gets Last Laugh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Astrophysicist Piers Corbyn was mocked for making extreme weather predictions
based on solar activity . Everything he predicted about the UK and our Eastern shores is happening.

What is disturbing however is his statements regarding that we are heading into a mini-ice age.

edit on 30-12-2010 by L.HAMILTON because: mispelling

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hotter summers, major blizzard winters, hotter summers still, even more insane winters..

I wonder why some people simply don't see the pattern emerging...flipping retarded anti-science head in the sand morons is what we got

Government has no business in weather predictions, they are inept worldwide. however, even faux news drops a deuce by saying "so much for global warming". Its freaking climate destablization. the warming causes the massive amount of moisture in the atmosphere, which during winter drops mass amounts of snow in the winter.

makes me want to systematically choke government and these news twits that spread retardation. How long will these right wing criminals going to keep using "warming" as the end all/be all of the whole destablization process.

grrrrr

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Hmmm... I get the message 'the video is not availble in your country' when I try to watch it. Strange as I live in the UK

Do you have an alternative link (I tried the youtube link with same result) or give more detail about what is discussed in the video?

cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

in the video, he starts to make a point that the whole 'global warming' scheme is utter 'nonsense' and that it is nothing more than a made up political scheme to manipulate carbone trading, tax the public..... and then he gets cut off !!!

hahahahahahahha how obvious can you get on that one?

go to 1min 50 sec, and see him cut off at around 2min 35 sec
edit on 12/30/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Another Channel

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Would really like to watch this video but its not available in my country (uk)

Second line

Edit: To thank Shenon for the above video link

edit on 30/12/10 by boo1981 because: Just to say thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yay! More Faux News propaganda about, as they put it, the "global warming agenda" (real fair & balanced journalism as usual).

I like how this Astrophysicist-Meteorologist claims the "so called science" is based on fraudulent data too, makes him sound real credible sticking to played out climategate memes that have already been debunked over and over and over again...

Anyway as for his prediction, and how he's being touted as some sort of climate science clairvoyant for predicting a cold winter despite what UK meteorologists said (I guess UK meteorologists represent climate scientists worldwide now) - funny how they of course they don't mention the part where climate scientists themselves predicted this effect back in mid-October:

NOAA: Arctic changes are affecting climate elsewhere

The Arctic's warming trend is beginning to affect the climate farther south, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said this week in its annual Arctic Report Card.

"There is evidence that the effect of higher air temperatures in the lower Arctic atmosphere in fall is contributing to changes in the atmospheric circulation in both the Arctic and northern mid-latitudes," wrote the report's authors, a team of 69 international scientists.

Extreme cold and big snowfalls can be blamed on the Arctic changes, according to NOAA.

But nah, let's ignore all that - because telling the whole story isn't nearly as fair & balanced as harping about the global warming "agenda".

The good news is that we'll find out soon enough how right this kook is. He dug his own hole by predicting an impending ice age. Of course by the time he gets proven wrong it won't matter, because everybody will have forgotten about him - yet FOX News drones will still probably be coming onto ATS talking about how global warming is a hoax because this scientist proved it was because of teh Sun.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Hotter summers, major blizzard winters, hotter summers still, even more insane winters... How long will these right wing criminals going to keep using "warming" as the end all/be all of the whole destablization process.

Are you serious? I've heard people like you existed I just haven't seen such blind faith from anyone. It must be nice to have such a unified theory of everything that explains warmth in summer and cold in winter without solar activity being responsible. "People sail off to the west and they don't come back -- it a flat earth! How long will these flat earth deniers hold on to their extreme beliefs?"

There is no evidence for what you are suggesting and it entirely denies the last 2000 years of history (pre-industrial) where there were weather disturbances - you just expect that because the weather isn't acting like it was in the first 10 years of your life that it must be something you did? grrr..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Are you kidding? FOX News are well known to be huge fanboys of anything that poo-poos on global warming. If anybody cut him off while he was ranting about taxation and all that political junk they probably got reprimanded afterwards for not letting him spew on.

Just like any FOX reporter apparently gets reprimanded for saying anything about global warming that doesn't immediately cast doubt on the science:

Foxgate: Leaked email reveals Fox News boss Bill Sammon ordered staff to cast doubt on climate science

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981
Would really like to watch this video but its not available in my country (uk)

Second line

His web page
www.weatheraction.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
There is no evidence for what you are suggesting

Discovery News: Warmer Arctic Spells Colder Winters

Science Daily: Global Warming Means More Snow For Great Lakes Region

Abrupt Climate Change: Should We Be Worried?

I know this is all apparently too hard for people to understand who can't think beyond the most superficial linear parameters possible, but that doesn't mean there's no evidence.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Are you serious?
Yerp

I've heard people like you existed
people like me..hmm..someone whom notices cause and effects. Yes, we exist.

I just haven't seen such blind faith from anyone.
You new to ATS? People tend to believe politicians over scientists around here...oh...your one of them.

It must be nice to have such a unified theory of everything that explains warmth in summer and cold in winter without solar activity being responsible.
-rereads back to what he wrote...notes he said no such thing, simply smiles at the fool and lets him put words in his mouth..let the intertubes decide

"People sail off to the west and they don't come back -- it a flat earth! How long will these flat earth deniers hold on to their extreme beliefs?"
I agree. How long will climate destablization doubters keep their heads in the corporate saudi arabian sand

There is no evidence for what you are suggesting and it entirely denies the last 2000 years of history (pre-industrial) where there were weather disturbances - you just expect that because the weather isn't acting like it was in the first 10 years of your life that it must be something you did? grrr..

grrr indeed

There have been ups and downs in weather. yes.
Don't you find it curious though how previous patterns show a very slow change over time, and lately since industrialization, we have a massive spike. Seems things are happen in 50 years what normally takes a few hundred. But I am sure that nature itself has a liberal agenda...

Frankly, 10 years ago, I was on the fence about this beyond having a general hatred for the combustion engine...we should be running on new power sources by now.

detatch yourself from propaganda and see who is funding these "deniers". do some digging...it leads back to the same source every time. Yay oil!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

detatch yourself from propaganda and see who is funding these "deniers". do some digging...it leads back to the same source every time. Yay oil!

They have no ability to do this because they have no ability to think for themselves. They just go around repeating what every other supposed conspiracy theorist is saying without any scrutiny or critical thinking (like a bunch of sheep) and then laugh to each other how brainwashed everybody else supposedly is.

Meanwhile they're getting their opinions from FOX News.

Seriously.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

They have no ability to do this because they have no ability to think for themselves. They just go around repeating what every other supposed conspiracy theorist is saying without any scrutiny or critical thinking (like a bunch of sheep) and then laugh to each other how brainwashed everybody else supposedly is.

Seriously.

Ya, I know. Its still fun to occasionally engage with them. Like talking to a christian extremist about a 60k year old fossil and have him explode, demanding the world is only 8k years old. heh

Its simply substance free, refusal of science, and ultimately amusing to me...but I guess I should stop. its not nice to pick on kids and mentally inferior. moving on...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
IF Global Warming was REAL, we would be seeing a Ice Age.

Hot Water freezes faster than Cold Water. Elementary School level science.

The kicker is we've pumped the life blood out of the planet, it's crude oil. Eventually we'll lose the magnetic field around the planet and we will look exactly like Mars.

If there was intelligent life on this spinning ball we wouldn't have destroyed our planet. Time to start building some kind of space monument so other world life forms can learn from our idiocracy and teach other species.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hot water freezes faster than cold water? LOL You have got to be kidding me. Try it on your stove. I remember a girl saying that to Gordon Ramsay on "Hell's Kitchen". He just stared at her like she was some kind of moron. Well, I guess she was.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

Seriously.

NO, they got the opinion from the scientist.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Hot water freezes faster than cold water? LOL You have got to be kidding me. Try it on your stove. I remember a girl saying that to Gordon Ramsay on "Hell's Kitchen". He just stared at her like she was some kind of moron. Well, I guess she was.

It was the other way around, the lady thought cold water boiled faster than hot water, lol heres the video

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Hot water can in fact freeze faster than cold water for a wide range of experimental conditions. This phenomenon is extremely counter- intuitive, and surprising even to most scientists, but it is in fact real. It has been seen and studied in numerous experiments. While this phenomenon has been known for centuries, and was described by Aristotle, Bacon, and Descartes [1-3], it was not introduced to the modern scientific community until 1969, by a Tanzanian high school student named Mpemba.

Damn you science! Again you foresake them. lol

How about trying it in a controlled environment for actual scientific results...naa...nevermind, I am sure your at home cooking experiments are far more credible than basic scientific principles and experimentation.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this subject for years now, I have always taken the idea of global warming with a pinch of salt, I think that the filth we pump in to the air will certainly have an effect on our health, but the only real changes being made to our planet are from the surrounding solar system, galaxy and universe as we know or dont know it.

I am having to write this on my mobile because as I was reading this thread on my laptop with ATS chat idle in the background, I was bumped from chat and now my laptop is not conecting to abovetopsecret.com at all (much to my anoyance, any help here would be greatly appreciated, mods?)

Anyway what I wanted to add was if the winters are going to get colder and the summers hotter to the extremes, should we be considering constructing abodes that mimick hibernating animals and therelife structures, harvest foods for winter and water for the summer whilst staying inside and venturing out in the spring and autumn to foridge.

Just a thought of what the future may look like.

Regards S_G

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join