It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's nuclear, Cold War hysteria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

America's nuclear, Cold War hysteria

rt.com

A recent report shows the Obama Administration is trying to figure out a way to get the word out about a possible nuclear attack.

In addition to debt, Americans must also worry about things like war in multiple countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan. They must also be wary of terrorist attacks here in their own backyard and now, it turns out that US government officials are trying to add another fear to the list.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

A recent report shows the Obama Administration is trying to figure out a way to get the word out about a possible nuclear attack. The US has released a 130 page report called “Planning Guidance for Response to a Nuclear Detonation”, it is about what the United States and its citizens should do in case a nuclear bomb went off at home. The report contains similar language to what was used during the height of the Cold War in the 1950’s when the U.S. was on high alert over fear of a nuclear attack.

Well this is not a surprise, it is but isn't. We all expect them to put out more and more reports then add more reasons for Americans to be in a state of mass hysteria. However I doubt most of us would expect the return of the government telling us about a nuclear threat similar to the level they did back in the 1950's when students were trained to get under their desk and cover their head because at any minute we could all perish.

Ira Chernus adds, “The report briefly claims rich white man are the least likely to be psychologically effected, it doesn’t explain where it got this information. Then it goes on to give these elaborate plans for first responders to enter into the ‘moderate destruction zone’, a half mile to a mile from ground zero. Then it makes it clear that they would not be able to get there, so all the plans it lays out are useless.”

So now if a nuclear attack occurs only white men who are not poor will actually remain calm? What a worthless report. Why didn't they clearly state that all of us conspiracy theorists would manage best since for us it wouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

rt.com

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They are "wondering" how to get the word out?

How about use their bought and paid for MSM networks, like CNN, NBC, ABC, FOX, etc???

Seriously!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The next war will be with the next generation weapons - scalar, spirals, and pyramids in the sky. USA is far behind, that its leaders prepare to flee thru the Grey stargates and with their triangular ufo spacecrafts. Of course "terrorist attacks" may also occur, with "osama bin laden" nuclear suitcases. So Obama should worry for other things. He proved he is not concerned for us who live outside the Babylon, despite all of his rhetoric before and after election, before and after the absurdic Nobel Peace prize. Not even the spiral reaching space orbit, could helped him. For you who live inside Babylon, you need to get out on time. Read Revelation 14 - to the end.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I guess we better be prepared to crawl under our desks?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
People are too..ummm... "scared" now-a-days.
If there were radio and tv broadcasts on all channels to show us where to go and what to do during a Nuclear Attack there would be 1000000 threads in 5 seconds on ATS about how s*** is gonna hit the fan...etc.

We should be aware, it's a possibility; very real. To think with all those nukes out there and none will be used on Western soil eventually.. is absurd.

edit on 30-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

So now if a nuclear attack occurs only white men who are not poor will actually remain calm? What a worthless report. Why didn't they clearly state that all of us conspiracy theorists would manage best since for us it wouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

rt.com

Maybe they assume that the only way to get rich is to "hurt others".

Therefore in their minds, it only follows that these bloodthirsty profiteering vampires would not give a damn if a nuke went off in a city.

In fact, its a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to make some $$$!

I hear there will be a booming market in Geiger counters, anti-radiation sickness pills, etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
They are "wondering" how to get the word out?

How about use their bought and paid for MSM networks, like CNN, NBC, ABC, FOX, etc???

Seriously!

SO....

Who says they haven't got the word out already through a propaganda media machine

rt.com

Seriously this story even with RTs spin seems to me that they are the ones stirring the pot of fear. Reverse psychology?

Just an observation is all.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hmmm, misoir suave, they are already contradicting themselves here, IMO.

In their own words:

Psychological Impact The psychological impacts of a nuclear attack will vary. Most individuals will prove resilient. Some will experience post-traumatic chronic distress and fear. Many of those who were or believe they were exposed will likely worry about delayed radiation health effects. Depending on how the attack evolves and its aftermath is handled, theremay be loss of confidence in societal institutions. If severe damage to the communications network disrupts com-munication from authorities, public anxiety and fear could be heightened

www.ready.gov...

AND...

also, In their own words (i.e., fear-mongering), check this out:

www.ready.gov...

I couldn't seem to download the video re: DISASTER : World Upside Down; maybe someone else can....but WTH? Can the Government be MORE VAGUE? I mean this could be a major earthquake, nuclear attack, etc...but *they* just have to use scare-mongering DISASTER?!
edit on 30-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: my mo

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So we are back to the usual fun and games of yet more fear mongering..

The first British nuclear test in 1952 (Hurricane) was to test the effect of a ship smuggled nuke.. a pertinent fear at the time.. And yet today all the same fears keep getting rehashed

Although concern is justified... do we really need this level of fear mongering?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well we are still talking about *them* who said

Just get under your desk, head between your legs.
You will be just fine!

Like the duck and cover technique
would save your ass in a nuclear blasts anyways.

I'm sure the Obama Admin has no problem fear mongering,
not much you can do if you get hit by a nuke and are in the immediate area.
Your as good as gone.

To live in fear over it is one thing.

To prepare for and survive it is another.

Which exactly is the government going for?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Couldnt help myself,I had this playing in my head reading this thread... lol

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am glad that the concept of full nuclear exchange is pretty much gone. Still, a single nuclear blast of a 5mt bomb anywhere would fill up all the hospitals nationwide with severe injurys. We need to eliminate any and all nuclear weapons worldwide and remove this sheer insanity from our civilization once and for all.

Anyone fighting for nuclear weapons is anti-humanity and should be eliminated with extreme predjudice.

there is no point to have nukes..none. the insanity of last century needs to be stopped. No reduced stockpiles, just complete removal is the only answer.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Depending on how the attack evolves and its aftermath is handled, theremay be loss of confidence in societal institutions.

From the source I quoted above....a nuclear attack is not funny...but "there may be a loss of confidence in societal institutions...."

Like that has not already occurred....

Oh my gosh...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The threat is real, the fear is justified.

If you want to believe that enemies of the west and their proxies are not plotting to stage terrorist attacks in the US and Europe using nuclear bombs then more power to you.

Fearing the inevitable is wasted emotion, and living in fear is counter productive.

Enjoy oblivion while you can!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This may sound a little too much like a Conspiracie,but with all those "Terror Attacks" in the last few Days...detonating a Nuclear Bomb doesnt sound very far fetched...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah RT is propaganda for sure.

They are funded by the Kremlin.

RT was launched as Russia Today by an autonomous non-profit organization in 2005. However, much of the funding to this organization, ANO TV-Novosti, is injected from the Russian Federal Budget (2.4 Billion Rubles in 2007)

link 2 source

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Shhhh

Don't let that bit of info out. Many here at ATS swear by RT and PressTV.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah RT is propaganda for sure.

They are funded by the Kremlin.

RT was launched as Russia Today by an autonomous non-profit organization in 2005. However, much of the funding to this organization, ANO TV-Novosti, is injected from the Russian Federal Budget (2.4 Billion Rubles in 2007)

link 2 source

So? I'd rather trust the Kremlin than the crap that the US spins.

When has the Kremlin lied last? Everything out of the US government/media is lies.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'll take door # 3.

And trust Neither of them.

Trusting the Russians is as bad as trusting the Americans.

Let's try something novel and trust our common sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join