It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark arrests four over 'Muhammad cartoon plot'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

Four men have been arrested in Denmark for a suspected plot to attack a newspaper that published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, police say.

The security and intelligence service (Pet) said three of the four were residents of Sweden who had entered Denmark on Tuesday night.

A pistol fitted with a silencer and live ammunition were found when they were searched, Danish media say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The article goes on to say that they were discovered through close cooperation with the Swiss police. Many thanks to both the Danes, and the Swiss for stopping this before it happened. Also thanks to the news paper for having the stones to publish the cartoons despite the threats of terror. All to often the media caves to presser and threats alike. Good job Danes to set an example for the world.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just in case any one would like to see any of the Mohamed images, hear is a link that will take you to a page with a collection of them.
edit on 29-12-2010 by RedGolem because: spelling

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The "religion of peace" strikes again.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

www.bbc.co.uk

Four men have been arrested in Denmark for a suspected plot to attack a newspaper that published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, police say.

The security and intelligence service (Pet) said three of the four were residents of Sweden who had entered Denmark on Tuesday night.

A pistol fitted with a silencer and live ammunition were found when they were searched, Danish media say.

I laughed when I saw it say 'three of the four were residents of Sweden' The BBC doesn't have the balls or the teeth to state their racial origin and the fact that the immigrants take advantage of what the Swede's offer to Arab / Semite peoples...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The religion of intolerance strikes again.
Heck, I've seen thicker skin on pudding. Good for Denmark!
edit on 29-12-2010 by beezzer because: kebrd

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
The "religion of peace" strikes again.

SirMike
I don't like saying it, but you said it quite well and to the point.
Thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well, you can generalize all you want about Muslims but the fact remains that the vast majority are peaceful.

It will help nothing if the police do not thoroughly investigate the background of those caught to determine where and when they got converted from peaceful to vengeful and prepared to commit murder. There is a source (probably multiple) of brainwashing somewhere that must be rooted out.

Its not good enough to prosecute these guys and leave it at that, or worse, just blame the entire Muslim faith.
edit on 12/29/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just only delaying the inevitable. Cannot win against the Islamists.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
While the majority of Muslims may be "peaceful", I'd be curious to have a poll of them, asked if they believed depicting images of Muhammed, such as in cartoon should be allowed? I suspect they would majorily say no. While "most" may not takes up arms and bombs, I have a feeling they silently approve of such acts, and believe it is their jihad to do such things, and comend those who do. They may not outright say this to a westerner non-muslim, but amongst themselves, I think they agree with such intolerant views.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

I have a feeling they silently approve of such acts, and believe it is their jihad to do such things, and comend those who do. They may not outright say this to a westerner non-muslim, but amongst themselves, I think they agree with such intolerant views.

You are fearmongering. You have absolutely nothing on which to base what you say you"think" they are thinking. Are you a mindreader? No.

You are just spouting nonsense to foster hate. Shame on you.

The actions of the majority, who are not being violent, speak louder than your words which you just made up in your head without any proof or evidence. Do you not have a conscience?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Let me tell you a little story. A true story.
There was an author in England called Salman Rushdie. He wrote a book (a work of fiction) deemed by the Muslim world to be blasphemous to Allah. A Fatwah was put on Rushdie`s head and the threat was that he should be killed. For about the next 7 or 8 years he had a special Police bodyguard looking after him. It cost a lot of money as I am sure you will understand.
Each night after I had finished work I would travel back from Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, to the smaller town of Whitley Bay where I lived. A couple of times a week I would stop off at an Indian takeaway restaurant (actually Bangla-deshi but in England they are always called "Indian"). I got to know the guy who owned it. A good guy with a nice wife and 3 kids.
One night I called in and it was during Ramadan. I put my order in and, while I waited for it to be sent out from the kitchen, I chatted to the owner - there was no-one else present. I said how difficult it must be to keep the Fast for Ramadan while preparing food for others and he agreed that it was. He gave me a little of the food he was eating which was the first he had had all day as the sun had just gone down.
I said to him "What do you think about this author Salman Rushdie?" He didn`t even pause for thought. "He should be killed", he said. I said "But you can`t go around killing people willy-nilly in Britain!" "Well then" he said "he should be imprisoned for life and all his worldly goods confiscated."
Now I am not saying that all Muslims think this way but this man was as decent a guy as you could meet and this is how he thought. That was about 35 years ago when things were much more peaceful than they are now.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Muslim people killing others over their beliefs and art???

Not surprising out all..

Actually pretty typical disgusting Muslim terrorist behavior.

Thanks op good find.

Muhammad was a murderous, hideous, dog beast.

Not way out their the followers are the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
You are fearmongering.
Just because you think somebody's out to get you, doesn't mean they aren't.

The biggest argument that convinces me is how little Muslim leaders do to condemn acts like this attempted retaliation against the cartoon publishers.

If Islam is really as peaceful as you claim, all the Islamic leaders will all condemn this attempted violence. Do you think that's going to happen?

From the OP article:

"Kurt Westergaard, the cartoonist who drew the image of the turban bomb, has been honoured with awards by free-speech groups, but he now lives under police guard amid death threats from radical groups."

Now ask yourself, "How many other cartoonists making fun of other religions besides Islam have death threats and bodyguards like this?"

And why aren't the Islamic leaders issuing Fatwahs ordering people not to commit these acts of violence? So while I understand the claim that many Muslims are not violent, I'm also very annoyed by the LACK of action the non-violent Muslims are taking. As someone else suggested, their relative silence about this is almost a tacit form of approval of this kind of act, even if they aren't participants.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You are fearmongering. You have absolutely nothing on which to base what you say you"think" they are thinking. Are you a mindreader? No.

Wait a second - you just claimed to know the minds of millions of people with nothing to base your 'thoughts' on and said that they are peaceful.

Are you a mind reader?

You don't know it, and by the way this world has shown us time and time again, and as a poster below shows, it does not take very much to make radicalise a muslim, or should I say, show their true colours.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm not a Bill Maher fan, but I do think his movie Religilous was pretty good, and he addressed the Muslim issue too, and he basically said what I agree with, that to a non-Muslim they will say peace peace tolerance, yet they really support such intolerance and barbarism. I wish it wasn't true, and is why I do support the Quran Only school of Islam of Rashid Khalifa, who was killed, who said Islam should be Quran Only, and a personal faith, and reject the sharia and haditha.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

you can say the same about any faith...what are the catholic priets doing to stop all the pedophile allegations?? Are they actively reporting there clergy men? No, what happens is a harasment claim is brought forward by a victim then something happens, unless your in the vatican which protects them. See? How comments can go both ways. You need to stop being so hateful and open your eyes

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
While the majority of Muslims may be "peaceful", I'd be curious to have a poll of them, asked if they believed depicting images of Muhammed, such as in cartoon should be allowed? I suspect they would majorily say no. While "most" may not takes up arms and bombs, I have a feeling they silently approve of such acts, and believe it is their jihad to do such things, and comend those who do. They may not outright say this to a westerner non-muslim, but amongst themselves, I think they agree with such intolerant views.

A couple of points of interests in related stories recently:

32% of British Muslim students support killing for Islam; 40% want Sharia Law
www.examiner.com...

32% of British Muslim students support killing for Islam; 40% want Sharia Law. If the way young Muslims in Britain are feeling is any indication for America’s own Muslim community, then America better beware. According to a new survey done at 30 universities in Britain, the young Muslim student body in that country is extremely radicalized.

After more confirmation of the massive dilemma (putting it lightly) with Islam and Muslims in the world, I fail to see where all this propaganda of "the religion of peace" fits in! This survey data just shows what other troublesome (again, putting it lightly) results confirm about Islam. It is not a religion of peace; it is not only a few rotten apples, so to speak, among Muslims; and it is a clear and present danger that is not going away anytime soon.

MUSLIM WORLD: Poll shows majority want Islam in politics; feelings mixed on Hamas, Hezbollah

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

A majority of Muslims around the world welcome a significant role for Islam in their countries' political life

edit on 29-12-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The actions of the majority, who are not being violent, speak louder than your words which you just made up in your head without any proof or evidence. Do you not have a conscience?

So, you're saying that the majority are peaceful, yet they are doing nothing about the violent members of their religion. They are quietly standing by and allowing events like this to take place.

You're right. Their actions are speaking louder than words. I just really don't like the message they are spreading, tho.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
all this is part of tptb plan to allow russia to seize control of europe when europe is distracted from a muslim jihadi civil war. now have no proof about this about try to think of it. How would Russia respond when the Muslim Threat is rising?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join