It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with bullet parts arrested at Miami airport

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Man with bullet parts arrested at Miami airport

www.reuters.com

FBI spokesman Mark Leverock said the man's luggage contained hundreds of bullet primers -- a key component of bullet cartridges.

"The bag was being taken out by a baggage handler, he put it on the ground and something ignited and hit him in the shoe," Leverock told Reuters. "One of the primers ignited and then they all ignited," he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
They also mention that this American Airlines arrived to Miami from Boston, that means that this bag was inspected by our state of the art TSA devices and personnel and it was loaded on to the plane and traveled all the way from Boston to Miami. If the plane would have hit a few rough spots this thing would have exploded inside the plane. All the money is spent on scanning us and touching our privates while the important things are ignored. By the way, Fox news is still reporting that it was an aerosol can in the TV news a few minutes ago and in their website.
"Police are at Miami International Airport after what appears to be an aerosol can exploded inside a bag on the tarmac. No one was injured."
Edit:Fox news has just changed the story to the one with bullet parts.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-12-2010 by Elieser because: spell check

edit on 28-12-2010 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I doubt that rough weather would have ignited such cartridges but the mere fact that the individual decided to board the aircraft indicates a pure lack in rational thinking let alone comprehension of what is at stake these days.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Talk about a complete load of $hit!!! Primers don't just "go off". They require something to strike them to cause them to "go off".

This is as stupid as saying a gun just "went off". A gun doesn't go off unless someone presses the trigger.

Then again, I'm sure the ignorant masses will read an article such as was posted and crap their pants hoping for someone to make them safe....since they know NOTHING about the details.

I'm not knocking the OP but am merely knocking the ignorant individuals who would read such a ridiculous story and feel threatened when there is no threat.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Unless somebody slammed down on one of the primers with a hammer and a full swing they aren't going off.

It's hard to pop one even intentionally.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Considering that a bullet requires a high impact via the firing pin within the bolt assembly of a firearm, i find it very difficult to believe that a bullet primer, " just went off". That kinda s### doesn't happen. Its physically impossible.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Exactly. You can't even ignite them with a typical hammer, they have to have a precise strike with a "pin" or other sharp instrument.

Plus, these are not weapons, and they are not "explosive" devices, as evidenced by the little to no damage caused to the handler's shoe. THerefore, they are not illegal, and there was nothing to arrest the man for. Primer's are shipped all over the country all the time, they sell them at all gunshops and even BassPro. You can order them online and the FedEx guy will bring them right to your door!

So, what is the purpose of this headline? We have to always be reading for impact these days. What are they trying to accomplish with this cockamamy story?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Maybe more control over what the public can own...ie, attacking the 2nd Amendment right. could be a " back door" to their fight?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They cant take away your guns but they can take away your ammo. If you own a gun you know how much ammo has gone up in price and how hard it is to go into a sporting goods store and buy a box of most ammo besides shotgun shells and .22.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Reading through the last few comments, so i guess, if i was attempting to board a plane with a full metal jacket and primers exposed, you, you as citizens would not be concerned ?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The point to this story is.... "No matter how stupid the explanation the Government gives they expect the Sheeple to buy it"... No lie is too big or small for the masses of ignorant sheeple..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GammaRayBurst
The point to this story is.... "No matter how stupid the explanation the Government gives they expect the Sheeple to buy it"... No lie is too big or small for the masses of ignorant sheeple..

Sheeple, i am the last person, as for those who fall into that particular category, well i guess such is life and life is but a joke.

* You are a product of your environment.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Does that guy know that he can go to Walmart and get an entire arsenal? He doesn't even have to do his own casing lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow.. Stupidity increases by the minute in amerika now... Amazing they think people will buy that fairytale...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So it was just the primers? No shells, powder, or bullets?

What's the problem? Arbitrary BS. My GFs brother got detained and put on a list because he had a spend .22 shell in his pocket and didn't know it.
edit on 28-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Talk about a complete load of $hit!!! Primers don't just "go off". They require something to strike them to cause them to "go off".

This is as stupid as saying a gun just "went off". A gun doesn't go off unless someone presses the trigger.

Then again, I'm sure the ignorant masses will read an article such as was posted and crap their pants hoping for someone to make them safe....since they know NOTHING about the details.

I'm not knocking the OP but am merely knocking the ignorant individuals who would read such a ridiculous story and feel threatened when there is no threat.

I've stomped on raw, live primers with boots on concrete and they haven't gone off.

Yeah, this will create the impetus to ban primers and other handloading components.
edit on 28-12-2010 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Reading through the last few comments, so i guess, if i was attempting to board a plane with a full metal jacket and primers exposed, you, you as citizens would not be concerned ?

If you were speaking farsi, praying to allah and looking like something crazy, then yeah, i'd be concerned.

If you were wearing overalls, looking like Uncle Bubba, talking about shooting that 14-point whitetail in south georgia and drinking a budweiser, I would not care in the slightest.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well given the TSA and DHS's history of over reacting, I bet they move to ban posession of bullet primers.

Just imagine that your Cartrages all have primers in them. Thus they are rendered Illegal.

That's a Scary thought.

I have friends that reloaded thousands of rounds and not once have I ever heard of a primer going off. It is Bravo Serra pure and simple.

There has to be more to this story.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by bozzchem

I've stepped on raw, live primers with boots on concrete and they haven't gone off.

Yeah, this will create the impetus to ban primers and other handloading components.

Get back to me when # hits the fan and everyone or should i say the majority scream or thirst for payback.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
If you were wearing overalls, looking like Uncle Bubba, talking about shooting that 14-point whitetail in south georgia and drinking a budweiser, I would not care in the slightest.

Maybe so... but I'd be willing to bet most wouldn't like it much, including me.

You think it's OK for Uncle Bubba to get on a cross country flight with an AK47 on his lap too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join