It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Secret of Christianity: Pharmakia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
By Sorcery, All Nations were Deceived

And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. Revelation 18:23

What exactly are these sorceries by which all nations have been deceived? This is the very reason that this Babylonian system is being destroyed, so I would think it is important to know why.

The word 'pharmakia' has been translated to mean "sorcery, magic arts, witchcraft" and religionists have taken liberties to twist this to mean drugs, whether street drugs or life saving drugs. Many religious leaders have led their congregants to deaths door by dictating to their members that pharmaceuticals are sorcery and against God. Many children have died because of their parents beliefs and because of the pressure of religions that dictate such nonsense. Do you not find it odd that scriptures would lump fortune tellers, idolaters, fornicaters and witches in the same sentence with those who try to give comfort in illness and treatment to save lives. But is this really what 'pharmakia' means?

Although the word-chain pharmakeia-pharmakon-pharmakeus appears several times in Plato's texts, he never uses a closely related term, pharmakos, which means 'scapegoat'.

The term "pharmakos" later became the term "pharmakeus" which refers to "a drug, spell-giving potion, druggist, poisoner, by extension a magician or a sorcerer."[3] A variation of this term is "pharmakon" (φάρμακον) a complex term meaning sacrament, remedy, poison, talisman, cosmetic, perfume or intoxicant.[4] From this, the modern term "pharmacology" emerged.[5]
en.wikipedia.org...

There are many interchangeable definitions for the word "pharmakia" used in various translations. None of them tell you the whole truth and what pharmakia really means. First lets look at this translation from the Greek.

φαρμάκων pharmakōn 5331 N-GPN sorceries

Religious leaders have mislead people about the true meaning of the word 'pharmakon' because they use this very ritual to line their pockets and execute their wicked evil agendas.

The Ritual of Pharmakos developed from the ancient Greek religions and cults, long before Christianity came about. This ritual required a human scapegoat (usually a criminal, an outcast, or a cripple) was chosen and either killed or run out of town in order to "take the sins" of the people and purify the village. This was usually done in a time of crisis---famine, impending war, etc.

This ritual was designed to act as an atonement for all the guilts of the community.

We see bible story examples of the use of this ritual when Jonah was thrown overboard because he was believed to be the cause of the storm. He became the scapegoat sacrifice. We see this ritual used in the old Hebrew tradition of the Day of Atonement ceremonies still carried out today. We see this same scapegoat ritual of the Yom Kippor chicken ---first touched on the head to transfer the sins of the person, then swung in the air as an offering to their god, then finally beheaded. And then came Christianity, replete with its human scapegoat sacrifice to carry away the sins of the people.

The problem with the poison in this philosophy is that people never have to accept responsibility for their actions.

Many religions imply to their followers that there is no consequences for wrong doing if they are "saved". To "be saved" all they have to do is claim in the belief of sacrificial atonement and follow their church doctrine.

Whether or not a historical Jesus existed, the philosophy ascribed to this man which has been put forth in scripture certainly does not condone a scapegoat mentality. What Jesus taught when he was alive was certainly more important than the scapegoat death it has been turned into.

Scapegoating is considered a cathartic rite.

Catharsis describes the result of measures taken to cleanse away blood-guilt—"blood is purified through blood" (Burkert 1992:56), a process in the development of Hellenic culture in which the oracle of Delphi took a prominent role. The classic example – Orestes – belongs to tragedy, but the procedure given by Aeschylus is ancient: the blood of a sacrificed piglet is allowed to wash over the blood-polluted man, and running water washes away the blood.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

Pharmakos does not only mean scapegoat, It is a synonym for pharmakeus, a word often repeated by Plato, meaning 'wizard', 'magician', even 'poisoner'. In Plato's dialogues, Socrates is often depicted and termed as a pharmakeus. Socrates is considered as one who knows how to perform magic with words, and notably, not with written letters

en.wikipedia.org...

Wizard, magician, enchanter....those who charm, smooth talk, trick, deceive, connive.
"Magos" is the Greek word for sorcerer, magician, wise man.
I think these words fit many religious charlatans of today.

Yes, these are the ones who have poisoned the waters. All religions seem to focus on the scapegoat ritual of allowing someone else to take the blame for everyone elses misdeeds. And the guilty go without true correction, penance, or the spiritual growth that comes from addressing your wrong doings.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. Revelation 18:23

The merchants...the big bankers. By sorcery, the nations were decieved....by making history repeat itself, the nation was decieved into electing Obama, that will cause the crumbling of the Republic. Thats instantly what I though of.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

The merchants...the big bankers. By sorcery, the nations were decieved....by making history repeat itself, the nation was decieved into electing Obama, that will cause the crumbling of the Republic. Thats instantly what I though of.

Prime example of the Scapegoating I explained above.
"The nation was deceived into electing Obama."
Adam said :"The woman deceived me into eating the apple."

If you are a citizen, a voter, a patriot, then it is your duty to uphold and respect your elected leaders whether you voted for them or not. That's your part of the deal for the benefits you receive for being in this country. To blame all the ills of the world on one man is scapegoating.

edit on 27-12-2010 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
And this women who "ate the apple" was made from a rib from a man made of dirt who was fooled by a talking snake, right?

Did I get this stuff correct so far?

Now, what are we talking about? And when do the unicorns and leprechauns come into the story?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If you are a citizen, a voter, a patriot, then it is your duty to uphold and respect your elected leaders whether you voted for them or not. That's your part of the deal for the benefits you receive for being in this country. To blame all the ills of the world on one man is scapegoating. Obviously you still do not understand what it is to take personal responsibility for your own actions.

woah woah woah buddy boy. I'm not the prime age to vote, not only that, but neither did my mother, nor my aunt or uncle. So do not try that.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I also like to add that if I Americans are patriots we shold respect people that others voted into power? people that cheated getting into power? Next time don't rush so fast into judging me. I am a proud patriot, and I respect my Constitution and I used-to respect this Republic, until it took a drastic turn for the worst. I don't know about you, buddy, but i despise Obama, Bush, Clinton, all those assholes who sold America out to the wealthy.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If you are a citizen, a voter, a patriot, then it is your duty to uphold and respect your elected leaders whether you voted for them or not. That's your part of the deal for the benefits you receive for being in this country. To blame all the ills of the world on one man is scapegoating. Obviously you still do not understand what it is to take personal responsibility for your own actions.

Who taught you that crap? First of all they are representatives, not leaders. Second of all, no it is not our duty to uphold and respect people that lied and cheated their way into office, then crap on our constitution the whole time they are there. Seriously, who taught you that crap?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

woah woah woah buddy boy. I'm not the prime age to vote, not only that, but neither did my mother, nor my aunt or uncle. So do not try that.

If you are a citizen, OR a voter, OR a patriot, then it is your duty to uphold and respect your elected leaders whether you voted for them or not.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

If you are a citizen, OR a voter, OR a patriot, then it is your duty to uphold and respect your elected leaders whether you voted for them or not.

LOL, there is just so much wrong with this that I wont even bother with it. Good luck to anyone who even wishes to rationalize with this level of TOTAL NONSENSE!!

YIKES, good luck.

Complete nonsense.
edit on 26-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Second of all, no it is not our duty to uphold and respect people that lied and cheated their way into office, then crap on our constitution the whole time they are there. Seriously, who taught you that crap?

It's in the statutes that yes, you do have a duty to uphold your elected officials and give respect to the office. If you are a citizen it is also a duty to vote.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I don't know about you, buddy, but i despise Obama, Bush, Clinton, all those assholes who sold America out to the wealthy.

And the scapegoating never ends. What part have YOU played in the economic problems? Maxing out credit cards? Filing bankruptcy? Lying to customers to keep a job? Treating your fellow man like commerce instead of a real human being?

Would you consider clarifying your statement of "America being sold out to the wealthy"?
Please tell me....who are the wealthy that bought America? What exactly did they purchase? I mean, did they just come in and buy the State of Georgia...and who sold it to them? What would a wealthy person want with America? I find your statement ambiguous.

Anyway, I think people are totally missing the point of the post by continuing to exemplify it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

The rabbit hole goes a bit deeper than smoke,mirrors,magic and advanced technology Alethea think Invasion of the body snatchers and those particularly helpful are well looked after for example Billy Graham is up to his third resurrection,beats Jesus who only had one.....or so the story goes.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I don't know about you, buddy, but i despise Obama, Bush, Clinton, all those assholes who sold America out to the wealthy.

And the scapegoating never ends. What part have YOU played in the economic problems? Maxing out credit cards? Filing bankruptcy? Lying to customers to keep a job? Treating your fellow man like commerce instead of a real human being?

Would you consider clarifying your statement of "America being sold out to the wealthy"?
Please tell me....who are the wealthy that bought America? What exactly did they purchase? I mean, did they just come in and buy the State of Georgia...and who sold it to them? What would a wealthy person want with America? I find your statement ambiguous.

Anyway, I think people are totally missing the point of the post by continuing to exemplify it.

I have played NO part in the economic problems. I dont BUY ANYTHING. I get things from friends, my mom, and my aunt. No one in my family i know of has maxed out their credit cards. No one I know ever filed bankruptcy. I have never lied to anyone to keep a job. I treat everyone like a friend and not like comerce - wtf. Banks have been buying America since Andrew Jackson stepped out of office. They have been slowly trying to buy out America by replacing it's leaders and lying to the people. It is the cause for the paper dollar many use today. It has sent countless nations into debt, and it is evident you need to wake up to these facts. You are ignorant, and i am trying my best to deny it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

So you're pointing out that Christianity is based on the principle of blood sacrifice, where the sins of a person or society are transfered to a person or animal, and this person or animal is punished for those sins by being killed. Through this killing of the scapegoat the person or society can be considered to have payed its guilt-debt, and now be free of guilt.

And this sacrifice is re-enacted every Sunday, at Holy Communion. Catholics even go as far as to believe the bread and wine are actually transformed into the blood and body of Jesus.

The "born again" Christianity states that by being born again, you gain the benefit of the Christian scapegoat sacrifice, with many believing this guarantees them a place in heaven no matter what they do afterwards.

A few of my older brothers are in this latter group. With the aid of my mother, also a practising Christian, they sexually abused me throughout my childhood until I was pregnant. Then they locked me up with sleeping tablets to kill myself to remove the family shame. Being naive and stupid, I agreed in order to avoid all my brothers' lives being ruined if people found out what they'd done. Realising, to my surprise, how much I didn't want to die I prayed for help, and within that hour had a miscarriage. (I'm not saying that was a miracle, although I took it to be one at the time.) So I told my family, naively thinking they would be glad. . . .
At least two of these brothers have gone on to habitually seducing young girls since, even trying on my 14 year old daughter.

Years later, needing love, I shacked up with the wrong guy, willing to do anything because this person said he loved me, and became a single mother. In my family this was unforgivable.

Not so long ago I shared Christmas with my family. The worst of these brothers had become born again Christians, and were telling me how they loved me, they only hated my sin, (of being a single mother.) They were smugly reassuring me they were constantly praying for me to be saved. I questioned them about their beliefs and they said yes, being "saved" meant their sins had been washed clean. They would go to heaven, no matter what they did from then on.

So I explained they could stop praying for me, because I had been "saved" at 11 years old at a revival meeting, which meant I was inevitably heaven-bound too. Being less naive these days, I was not surprised when their faces paled in horror. Somehow, spoiling their Christmas this way cheered me up no end.

Having almost been a scapegoat, I hate the whole idea of believing the death of another cleanses your sins.

Many of the teachings ascribed to Christ are wonderful, and he is quoted as saying (in Matthew 25) that the only thing we will finally be judged on is charity; whether or not we have cared for the needy. As a parent, this makes sense. What a parent really wants of their children, particularly if you cannot be with them, is for them to take care of each other. Well, any half decent parent does, anyway.

The most important part of Christianity, "love one another as ye love yourselves," is reitterated in this chapter, "Whatsoever you do for/to the least of these my children, you do also unto me."

I could never admire Abraham's willingness to sacrifice Isaac. I believe that even if a god tells you to do something evil you should stand up to him, tell him to go to hell and have the guts to look him in the eye and face the consequences.

There are many people in our society hiding their greed, malice and sick perversions behind the sanctifying veil of Christianity. God knows how many believe they can sin all they like and still have an eternity in heaven paid for by the sacrificial blood of Christ.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
And this women who "ate the apple" was made from a rib from a man made of dirt who was fooled by a talking snake, right?
Did I get this stuff correct so far?

Nearly.
That's Genesis 2. The Genesis 1 creation story says god made both Adam and Eve out of dirt.
And they both ate the apple. Being the prototype man, Adam naturally blamed it all onto Eve.

Now, what are we talking about? And when do the unicorns and leprechauns come into the story?

Will you accept satyrs as a replacement for leprechauns?

the word “unicorn” appears in the King James Version (nine times: Numbers 23:22; 24:8; Deuteronomy 33:17; Job 39:9,10; Psalms 22:21; 29:6; 92:10; and Isaiah 34:7).
. . . . .
In two cases, however, the King James Version renders sa‘ir as “satyr” (Isaiah 13:21 and 34:14).

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I questioned them about their beliefs and they said yes, being "saved" meant their sins had been washed clean. They would go to heaven, no matter what they did from then on.

Sadly, your brother doesn't really understand his faith it seems. Yes, his salvation is guaranteed if he really believed. But there will be fruit born in accordance to that believe.

Salvation isn't a get out of jail free card like many Evangelicals believe.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

That's Genesis 2. The Genesis 1 creation story says god made both Adam and Eve out of dirt.

No it doesn't. Genesis 1 just says that God created male and female.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
(Genesis 1:26-27 ESV)

And they both ate the apple.

Yes, but not in Genesis 1 or 2. That comes in Genesis 3, wherein Eve eats the fruit and then Adam does afterward.

Will you accept satyrs as a replacement for leprechauns?

the word “unicorn” appears in the King James Version (nine times: Numbers 23:22; 24:8; Deuteronomy 33:17; Job 39:9,10; Psalms 22:21; 29:6; 92:10; and Isaiah 34:7).
. . . . .
In two cases, however, the King James Version renders sa‘ir as “satyr” (Isaiah 13:21 and 34:14).

When the KJV uses unicorn/satyr, it's referring to rhinoceroses. It's not mythical creatures as you may believe.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If this is what you instantly thought of, then you need to turn off FOXNews and you need to go for a walk. Associating Obama's election with the obvious destruction that the Roman Empire introduced by allowing (encouraging) the literalist Christians to erase thousands of years of human intellectual development, under the guise of their scapegoat salvation rampages, is the kind of screwball thinking that airs on that network at 5 PM daily - Glenn Beck's Carnival of Crazy. That's the exact kind of scapegoat thinking, simply transferred to blaming Obama's efforts to deal with a complete financial/economic/monetary meltdown that started before he was sworn into office with the inevitable result of that global catastrophy. That'd be like blaming him for Greece and Ireland and Iceland for collapsing due to the global economic collapse - which would be considered delusional if it weren't the clear and calculated political strategy of a full 1/2 of this society's voting public.

You exemplify exactly what the OP suggests about the Christian religion, and I'm glad you checked in with your dark, malignant contribution. Yeah, the banksters hit us with a massive criminal conspiracy, but it was Bush who tried to slide One Trillion dollars of US Treasury to those bastards without any strings attached,(not even to buy those toxic assets that the bailout was originally designed to purchase) It was when the Congress only allowed 1/2 of that trillion to be handed out before Obama's inauguration, that the FOXNews echo machine immediately launched with the smear campaign to accuse him of trying to "take over the banks". They knew he'd put strings on that 2nd half of the trillion dollars.

Since then, they've succeeded in clearing Bush and the GOP of any connection to that TARP debacle. The footage of Boener and McConnell intensely lobbying for immediate approval of TARP - as well as McCain's "suspension" of his campaign to push through that bailout bill - is still available online if you want proof. TARP and the bankster fleecing of our Treasury was a GOP-leveraged criminal caper. Pure and simple. And they are still using the same nasty tactics that the OP of this thread outlines. Just the old fashion strategy of creating a list of lies that will be adhered to, and the disciplined reiteration of those same simple lies until they become seen as the truth. This is how every authoritarian regime recreates reality for the people it rules.
edit on 12/27/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join