It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Creature, Australia!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I was thinking perhaps it was either a fruit bat with problems or a bloody big moth.

I admit though, I am entertaining the thought of a small Pteradactyl

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hmmm I'm thinking bat, there are some pretty big bats out there you would be suprised, but there is also the possibility of it been mothman but it is frankston
anything is possible in frankston

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Interesting.. Amazing the variety of animal life in australia.. Not sure what it couldve been that you saw..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
could have been a crazy magpie or a possum leaping. Ive seen one jump from a fence to a branch looks like they are gliding from the corner of my eye so could have been that depending on the angle

edit on 26-12-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2010 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Thanks. Next time. Before you post, make sure you provide evidence to support your statements. Or don't post at all.

The rules of this forum are clear and established, no sources, no evidence to further discussion. Not worth contribution.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Settle down mate, the OP made it quite clear in his post that there was not enough time to get a camera and that he was simply looking for opinions on what it may have been based on the best description he could give.

I see nothing wrong with him coming to ATS to ask our opinions.

Get over yourself.
edit on 26/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I believe you..
I've seen many strange things in Frankston myself..
It's a town famous for strange..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Do you know if there are bigger moths then the one I posted in Australia?
I have seen moths that are bigger then birds in butterfly farms (and had a few land on me) but I'm not sure where they originate from

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

To be honest I have no idea
I have seen some pretty big moths but not quite as big as the one in your picture though. I did, however, have the unfortunate luck to have had a blowfly the size of a small cigarette lighter land on me once - I don't think I've ever screamed so much like a girl in my life lol, it shocked the hell out of me when it landed

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It wasn't a possum leaping as it was in flight, and unpredictable in flight path....

for the dude that posted about no evidence read my statement clearly i wasn't out searching for this thing it flew over me i had no camera and all up i had about 45seconds worth of sight....so even if i hadve run and gotten a camera i wouldve of missed it and not be able to give any type of description whatsoever....

II usually am the same but i generally have no evidence to support my claim if you chose to disbelieve well my advice is f**k off and don't accuse me of hoaxing I stand storngly against the low life form of people that have to make up crap..

I have no evidence this is my description as best as i can describe

and everybody unless their are bats that have unpredictable flight paths that flutter like a butterfly and are that skinny when viewed sideways they disappear and flicker???? well then please direct me in the right direction

Pix

Edit: the flight path was zig zag but at random back forth left right
edit on 26-12-2010 by pixiekaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Don't worry about that bloke whinging about no evidence - I took a look at his profile, he has -637 points which speaks volumes about the type of poster he is.

I have seen fruit bats do some pretty amazing acrobatics but in all honesty I haven't a clue what you saw. It could have been a new, unknown form of bird or it could have simply been something mundane like a fruit bat that you saw in odd lighting making it appear differently.

My advice would be to grab yourself a digi camera and sit outside tomorrow night at the same time, along with a few beers of course, and see if it comes back.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It could have been a bat with lyssavirus, which can cause them to become aggressive like a dog with rabies, hence the erratic flying could have been it trying to attack you..... in which case you would be lucky you didn't get scratched or bitten.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
it wasnt trying to attack me...just when it flew over me scarred me....it was just doing its own thing but in a weird way lol

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Also I will go outside tomorrow at the same time with a camera.....and if i see the thing again I will take a snap shot...anybody have any ideas on what it is yet

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

Thanks. Next time. Before you post, make sure you provide evidence to support your statements. Or don't post at all.

The rules of this forum are clear and established, no sources, no evidence to further discussion. Not worth contribution.

Cruthcley29, please read the parameters for the Grey Area again. It is intended for exactly for this kind of a thread. If you can't understand that, I suggest you avoid the Gray Area. Mysteries happen and most cannot be explained by the evidence on hand or accepted by some that lack the ability to think beyond the usual.

As for the incident: What I haven't seen is any suggestion that this was not an natural object. Advanced military applications in various military countries are developing all manner of spy bugs and flying sensors. Some of them actually fly with fluttering wings exactly like butterlies birds/bats. The reason for that style, I suspect, is that lack of noise that such an object makes versus the wings (or little propeller) of a model based upon an insect such as a bee, or a very small type of airplane. I don't know what it was either, yet it is an interesting and provocative case.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

LOL thanks for that probably not (because its frankston) but you never know........2-3mins after we saw it my misses said "that wasn't a miniature UFO was it?" LOL LMAO

Anyways any other tips or pointers is there not one creature mythological, extra terrastial or terrastial that represents anything like what I'm talking about???......and please don't say moth or bat..... I know what most types of those look like or represent this thing looked nothing like any of them except for one of their features....

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They dont call it OZ for no reason. I just hope that when these 2 realities fully merge together no one totally freaks out when these things dont flicker out or disappear and holograms as an explanation are totally out of the question

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

?????????????????????????????????

can you please ellaborate

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Means there are more realities than the one you, me and anyone else have experienced thus far. Some in a great while get tuned to that paticular station on the FM or AM dial and get to see the strange things.
Sea monsters, bigfoot, UFOs, rods, giant butterfly, missing time, dematerializations, materializations etc

But hey..what do I know.

I'm simply along for the ride this time around.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
From the description of how it was flying , my bet would be it was some kind of mutant giant moth , not a bat or bird. Or , perhaps a baby mothman?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join