It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GSLV blastoff ends in failure (India)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutella

Originally posted by bigyin
One of the main customers India has for this technology is Israel.

Israel spends 100 million dollars a year on a space program. A lot of it is for spy satellites.

Instead of complaining about India wasting money, when it isn't imo, try asking why Israel needs to have spy satellites.

source

Try asking why ANYONE needs spy satellites? It's not just Jews, you racist fool.

Who mentioned Jews ?

Take a look in the mirror pal, your the racist with remarks like that

I'll let you off with being a fool. Most racists are.

edit on 26-12-2010 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irako

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I think the company that built the Athletes Village for the Commonwealth Games also built this rocket. LOL!

Seriously speaking though.. it's all part of the learning curve for India. Stuff like this happens unfortunately.. and it won't be the last time.

I just wish that they'd address their serious poverty and population issues before pretending to be world players in anything else. India pander to their own ego just a little bit too much for my liking. This might even be considered as karma.

IRM

edit on 26/12/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

I usually like to be civil, but really, did u even read the other posts in this thread? Because 1) others have said what you just did, and 2) there have already been counterpoints posted.
And have you even looked at the many many successful satellite launches on Indian rockets within the last 20 years or so?
edit on 26-12-2010 by Irako because: (no reason given)

You usually like to be civil? You mean all seven of your posts at this forum? PMSL! Sorry.. you will need to refresh my memory... You are who exactly?

No newbie tells me what I can and can't post... But thanks for the laugh anyway!

IRM

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wyvern1111

OMG!!! i never knew ATS has so many racist
just failure of one satellite and so many critics on it

and u mr wyvern1111, go and find facts, INDIANS are not living like animals, infact they are better than u guys
don't speak out of frustration, by the way are u any way affected by indians

"Yet we are asked to sponsor one of their mouths to the tune of $80 per month or year or whatever."

Are you out of your mind, a movie ticket cost more than 15$ now in india i bet indians watch more movies than any other persons in the world

edit on 26-12-2010 by snowlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by snowlord

Your right.

Slumdog Millionaire might have been made in Mumbai but try getting a hotel room in the same town. Same price as London or New York.

Some folk on here are simply ignorant.

India is miles ahead of even USA in many fields such as health care.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Did anyone actually think INDIA could launch a rocket?, come on really, India

Dank you come again.

If you don't have anything to contribute but insults then please move along to another thread and troll..

I guess you people have nothing to say but insult India and their space program.

Wow, real mature.

Orion has already posted information on their program. They have had many successful launches. So what if this one wasn't. It happens. Nobody is immune to failure. Even our (USA) space program has had it's failures and you know what??? They try again!!

This could happen to anyone!

Please stop insulting each other.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Civility and decorum...

Shall rule the day...

Please post on topic and within the Terms & Conditions Of Use.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I think the company that built the Athletes Village for the Commonwealth Games also built this rocket. LOL!

Seriously speaking though.. it's all part of the learning curve for India. Stuff like this happens unfortunately.. and it won't be the last time.

I just wish that they'd address their serious poverty and population issues before pretending to be world players in anything else. India pander to their own ego just a little bit too much for my liking. This might even be considered as karma.

IRM

edit on 26/12/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

I usually like to be civil, but really, did u even read the other posts in this thread? Because 1) others have said what you just did, and 2) there have already been counterpoints posted.
And have you even looked at the many many successful satellite launches on Indian rockets within the last 20 years or so?
edit on 26-12-2010 by Irako because: (no reason given)

You usually like to be civil? You mean all seven of your posts at this forum? PMSL! Sorry.. you will need to refresh my memory... You are who exactly?

No newbie tells me what I can and can't post... But thanks for the laugh anyway!

IRM

Why respond to my post when you don't bother focusing on any of the points I made? What does it matter that I rarely post on this forum?

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Orion has already posted information on their program. They have had many successful launches. So what if this one wasn't. It happens. Nobody is immune to failure. Even our (USA) space program has had it's failures and you know what??? They try again!!

This could happen to anyone!

Please stop insulting each other.

I really don't understand why this is news at all. I saw it at a number of news sites yesterday, and I thought they were maybe testing something significant. But they weren't. It was just a routine satellite launch on a rocket that has been used a number of times before. I follow the Indian space program and when they successfully tested re-entry vehicle technology back in 2008 there were waves in international news.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Irako because: added a second reply

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I follow the Indian space program and when they successfully tested re-entry vehicle technology back in 2008 there were waves in international news.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Irako because: added a second reply

Oops, that last line should have been :

I follow the Indian space program and when they successfully tested re-entry vehicle technology back in 2008 there were few waves in international news. I didn't spot the error until after I couldn't edit anymore.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Heh you could say that about a lot of soo called Leading countries that are at war with primitive peoples. There is poverty and serious issues in all countries that take a back seat to the space program and STUPID wars. You sound kinda nvm. peace

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Did anyone actually think INDIA could launch a rocket?, come on really, India
Dank you come again.

Do you even bother to read the previous posts on this thread? Because if you did, you'd stop shooting from the hip. You may be intellectually bankrupt but do us a favor and stop these moronic posts of yours.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007?
Dont call me racist as per above post, that is offensive, Australia is much more multi- cultural compaied to many, many other countries on Earth. U have no problem with the race, its the government of these countries that are backward!!!

Dude, what are you talking about?
Your people are mass murdering the natives in Australia, and you are talking about multi-cultural-ism!

Australia is anything but a successful nation.
Stop killing the Aborigines.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I accidentally came across this thread today. Although its been inactive for more than a year the total disrespect of some members toward India and its space program compels me to post this.

I see some australian members looking down at the indian as a bunch of barbarians who don't need a space program and even goes on to state that their space program is much better in many ways without any facts to back it up!!

As for facts a simple search in wikipedia shows all the space agencies and their capabilites.

en.wikipedia.org...

Let the facts decide who is right!!

As for all the cry about India spending money of defence and space when it could be spend for a lot of other things.

To some extend you are right. India needs to develop on a wide range of issues and is doing a lot in that respect.
It also has to be noted that India spends just 2.5% of its GDP on Defense which is not a great deal considering we have long term problems with our two neighbors CHINA and PAKISTAN .

en.wikipedia.org...

Again a simple wikipedia search.

Considering the fact that India got its independence on 1947, the amount of development it has seen is actually commendable. There are not many countries that has developed in so many fields in such a short period.

As for the claims that India should not be 'thinking of rockets' when it has an unstable economy I can only look at your misinformed or ignorant minds and just smile. The Indian economy is currently one of the largest and most stable economy having a growth rate of close to 8% when the rest of the world is going bankrupt due to the financial meltdown.

en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)

Again good ol' wikipedia.

When someone tells me India should concentrate more on the infrastructure and other amenities rather than Defense and Space, I tell them this:

Suppose India invest greatly on the above mentioned and practically nothing on Defense and space for the next ten years you might see a big jump in the quality of life of the people and the infrastructure; but there will be a big drop in the field of defense and space.

In case of any war with its neighboring nations, India with a crippled defense wont be able to defend itself and all the developments it made in other field in ten years will be taken back by 30 years or more. Recovering from that is not easy.

When a country is investing all its money on everything except space and defense, it might see a rapid development but in terms of defense capabilities it would be years behind the rest of the world.

It is not practical to think that, OKAY, lets develop the country first and will worry about the defense after it is fully developed. Things like that wont happen overnight.

IMHO all these developments have to go hand in hand and thats EXACTLY what the India is doing currently.

Cheers.

edit on 1-1-2013 by kevinth92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
take look at that

today i am so happy when i read this thread i was angry but now take this

ISRO takes big leap with GSLV launch; India becomes 6th nation to develop cryogenic engine

Read more at:
economictimes.indiatimes.com...

economictimes.indiatimes.com... /articleshow/28451800.cms

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Britguy

Originally posted by Havick007

Haha is all i can say!! The country has a bad enough economy and social structure, it's no surprise they cahnt launch a rocket. It was probably sabotaged, if it gets into orbit they will lose track and it will most likely wreak havoc on everyone elses sats etc.

Look i have nothing personal against the Indians but i think it may have been abit overly ambitious at this point in time.....
edit on 25-12-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

That really smacks of racism!

If the Indians are so backward, then explain why so many high tech corporations have moved a lot of R&D centres to India? It's not just for the cheap labour either, their education systems are outstripping those of the US and other western nations.
True, for the most part their social structure is still way behind the west and they may be viewed as a third world country, but their technology advances and manufacturing base are now bigger due to the outsourcing of western jobs in the chase for ever bigger profits by western corporations. Many may still live in abject poverty with no trickle-down of the vast wealth being generated, but is that really any different then the west?

They moved because people will work for pennies on the dollar. I look at it this way when you drink out of the same water you poop and place you dead you have bigger issues then rockets.

I have always wanted to visit India but now that I am married that is out of the question. Every street corner has 100 dudes just staring at ya. It is creepy to say the least. I do think once women find a true place India will be a great country.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Gah, this thread confuses me. A very old thread, with 5 pages of racist and political bickering, and the title that seemingly contradicts the current news: spaceflightnow.com...

The launch is a success!

Wouldn't it be more sensible to create a new thread about this, rather than resurrecting this old monster?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Yes you are right there should be a new thread but after reading this thread i just wanted to spit the news on these racist.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I just want to say congratulations India. This along with your first launch of an interplanetary probe to Mars are wonderful achievements. The more spacefaring nations, the better chance we as humanity survive the next 100 years.

So... Onward India!

Namaste.

In space, there are no nations only planets.

edit on 6-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Havick007
they have enough social, economic and infrastructure problems on Earth to worry about launching sht into outta space!!!

There is such a thing as being overly ambitious! Call me a racist!!, what a load of crap!!

Yes and space explotation (notice I said explotation not exploration) could very well add a vital imdustry and area of growth to india.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join