It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ramey Memo: Best Roswell Evidence Ever Found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi everyone...

Here is a video documenting what I believe is the "smoking gun" of the Roswell Incident:

The Ramey Memo

A brief overview:

In July of 1947, something crashed near the small town of Roswell. Initially, the air force claimed that they had recovered a "Flying Saucer", and this story was published in the news papers all over the country.

The next day, however, they changed their story, and said that it was a weather balloon that crashed. With this change of story, photos were published of General Roger M. Ramey with the "weather balloon". 6 or 7 pictures were taken, and in all of them, the General is holding a memo in his hand. The typed memo is facing the camera in a few of the shots, and using modern day digital imaging enhancement, researchers have been able to legibly read parts of the memo.

Although the Air Force said they couldn't read any of the memo in 1994, this video proves quite the opposite- that many of the words and some entire sentences are completely readable, and what they read is fascinating.

Mentions of "victims of the crash", and of "transportation of the disc" are legible, and this evidence completely contradicts the story of the crashed "weather balloon" that the photos were supposed to be supporting.

Here is a list, from the video description, of some of the memo:

RECOVERY OPERATION WITH ROSWELL DISK 274 (OR 074?) MJ -12 AT THE

*WORD MISSING* AND THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK YOU FORWARDED TO THE TEAM AT FORT WORTH,TEX.

M*SS*** (MISSING OR MESSAGE?) ON THE "DISK" MUST HAVE SENT *** (THE?) ***** LABORATORY

*WORD MISSING* *R*ENT (URGENT?). POWERS ARE NEEDED SITE TWO AT CARLSBAD N. MEX.

*WORD MISSING* SAFE TALK NEWSPAPER MEANING OF STORY AND *WORD MISSING*

NEXT SHOW *WORD MISSING* OF WEATHER BALLOONS 400-K* 509 AND LAND L*** DENVER CREWS.

TEMPLE (Signature Line)

So, here are my conclusions from this.

There is no doubt at all that some of the words seem to imply that something happened at Roswell that contradicts the weather balloon story... however seeing as how we cannot read the entire memo, let alone be privileged to the knowledge of its true context, we can't directly draw conclusions about the Crash being that of an Extra-Terrestrial craft.

However, if we take into account the dozens of witness testimonies that seem to imply an extra-terrestrial craft did crash at Roswell (en.wikipedia.org...), then the balance does seem to shift towards the unofficial story.

The conclusion that we can all draw, without doubt, is that the "official" story of the Roswell incident is not the whole story... let alone the true story, so there is obviously something that happened that the Air Force did NOT want the public to know about.

Whether or not it was an alien spacecraft, a secret government experiment, or Japanese-flown balloons... I'm sure that the real truth is a fascinating one indeed.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Very nice discovery.

Maybe that book by Philip J Corso, "The Day After Roswell" is mostly true after all?

That's pretty ironic. We might already actually have disclosure of most of this.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Of all the things on the memo this cought my attention MJ-12
The Illustrated History of MJ-12

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Of all the things on the memo this cought my attention MJ-12
The Illustrated History of MJ-12

Oh it mentioned MJ 12?? Holy crap! And to think of the lengths they went to make MJ12 look fake!

I need to watch that full episode and look for copies of this. This is huge!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Ok. I need to get a hold of myself.

This could actually turn out to be the biggest thing to happen to Ufology since, well, Roswell.

I am really surprised they actually used the name Majestic 12. They think they are majestic? Like "Yes your majesty"? The 12 Kings?

They sure are as powerful as kings, and act like kings. They have kept a lid on this for a long time, with only a few mishaps.

But, in an uncanny way, fate has brought us the truth, from virtually the exact same place that the lie originated. On the front pages of countless newspapers dated July 9th 1947.

It sure gives meaning to the old phrase "Read the fine print".

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Pause video at 3:34 and at 3:39 it clearly shows the name VANDENBERG on the memo.

Here he is on Gazrok's thread about MJ-12
General Hoyt S. Vandenberg : (Vice Chief of Staff, U.S.A.F., Director of Central Intelligence

edit on 25/12/10 by Whateva69 because: added time stamp from video

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
with things to happen around the world in near time, this will be rather obvious.
still... S&F, it definitely should be discussed.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
David has his own site. He's been at this awhile.

www.roswellproof.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Why does it say 'disk' once and then 'disc' another? Youd think the air force or whomever would stick to one spelling.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

Where do you see that the word "disc" was used? I see "Disk" used twice in the post.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

This is a great video, confirming what we all know! S&F

I wish the mainstream would talk about it in the open now. It's getting silly already

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

This is a great video, confirming what we all know! S&F

I wish the mainstream would talk about it in the open now. It's getting silly already

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ya I was pretty surprised that MJ-12 was in the memo...

With a second thought, it does seem to me that that part of the memo is the cream of the cup- pretty much confirms the existence of a secret government group with ET intelligence as their main area of expertise.

Kind of ironic how high-tech digital enhancements have been used countless times to debunk the UFO phenomena... yet here it is helping to prove the most important UFO story ever!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ya I was pretty surprised that MJ-12 was in the memo...

With a second thought, it does seem to me that that part of the memo is the cream of the cup- pretty much confirms the existence of a secret government group with ET intelligence as their main area of expertise.

Kind of ironic how high-tech digital enhancements have been used countless times to debunk the UFO phenomena... yet here it is helping to prove the most important UFO story ever!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

Sorry you guys...

It is indeed "disk" in the memo- my Canadian spelling system is imprinted in my own personal writing, and "disc" is how I spell the word, not "disk".

Sorry to cause any confusion... there is no mention of "disc" in the video or the memo itself; only "disk".

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
reply to post by CayceFan

Sorry you guys...

It is indeed "disk" in the memo- my Canadian spelling system is imprinted in my own personal writing, and "disc" is how I spell the word, not "disk".

Sorry to cause any confusion... there is no mention of "disc" in the video or the memo itself; only "disk".

Whoops... I'm wrong again haha.

It would appear that it is the youtube video description that is wrong... not myself.

It is "disc" in the memo... I guess the youtube member doesn't know how to spell "disc" the right way. I'll post a few pics of the memo to clear things up.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
It is "disc" in the memo... I guess the youtube member doesn't know how to spell "disc" the right way. I'll post a few pics of the memo to clear things up.
Here's one they claim is the c version of disc, but I'm not sure it's all that legible:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4003779104b.jpg[/atsimg]

But assuming it says disc, you all know that's not referring to a flying saucer but the balloon wreckage, right? Note they even put it in quotation marks showing that's what everyone was calling it but they knew that's not what it really was.

From "The Roswell Report", (1995) page 22, the FBI memo is mentioned that describes the "disc" resembles a weather balloon:

the telegram from
the Dallas FBI office of July 8,1947. This document quoted in part states: “. . The disc is hexagonal in shape and was suspended from a balloon by a cable, which balloon was approximately twenty feet in diameter... the object found resembles a high altitude weather balloon with a radar reflector... disc and balloon being transported...”
So it's interesting to see the way they say it resembles a balloon with a radar reflector, yet still calling it a disc "suspended from a balloon".

edit on 25-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Alright...

So here is the picture of General Ramey and the "weather baloon" that was used to debunk the UFO story. Notice the memo in his hand:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/840b013f3f5e.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the entire memo, seen up close:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a53240ad5be0.jpg[/atsimg]

And here are two translated sentences of the memo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f45a5ff43fa.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, it is still a kind of guessing game... however as the researcher in the video notes, he is able to confidently transcribe about 80% of the message. For some of the words, such as "victims", in which some letters are illegible, using the legible letters and then "filling in the blanks" to make logical assumptions is more than good enough for revealing the message.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The terminology “next new find” in the memo to me is revealing

The words independently are grammatically wrong UNLESS the document was enumerating “finds” of extra-terrestrial origin in the Roswell incident or scene.

Therefore it may be that there are things in the Roswell crash that are still today unknown.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
But assuming it says disc, you all know that's not referring to a flying saucer but the balloon wreckage, right? Note they even put it in quotation marks showing that's what everyone was calling it but they knew that's not what it really was.

The use of quotation suggests that seeing as how this picture was taken recently after the crash, whoever was typing the memo was unsure of how to officially refer to the crashed spacecraft (unsurprising, as how as far as we know, this was the first time such an event had occurred). So, for the time being they used the word "disc", and referred to it as such in quotations as the context is that it was more a modern colloquial instead of an officially designated word.

edit on 25/12/1010 by Monts because: clarification given

<<   2  3  4 >>

join