It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent please read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
G'day

Please do not respond if you are not going to answer the question I am asking.

I need a program to update my drivers (like driver genius) I have asked heaps but nobody will tell me any other programs like this one they all say "Update them yourself".

I cannot update them myself my computer will not find any updates however drivergenius does but now my serial does not work thus I am in need of another program please please please help me my computer is *SNIP*and I need it urgently.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pix
edit on 24-12-2010 by pixiekaram because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by pixiekaram because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/25/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
first you need to find your model number
go to start menu, programs, accessories, system tools, system information

find your system model

use google to search that system model and the word 'drivers' i.e. BK168AAR drivers

download the drivers you need from your manufacturers support section of their website and you should be good. if that doesn't make sense message me and i'll try to help you one on one.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

If you will list your model #, manufacturer, OS, and a quick snapshot of your device manager, I will try to point you to the links to download your drivers. Most of the programs that claim to send you drivers automatically are spyware filled and not a good idea to visit. It's called work for a reason. Don't fear it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There is a program called Device Doctor that scans your computer and gets downloads for updates for Windows drivers. It's freeware.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Subhuti because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
from what i learnd..most of these driver update tools are fishy software...causing more damage than help

its not so hard to find out what kind of drivers you need...

when its a complete buyd system its more easy ..
edit on 24-12-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
G'day if anyone can help me access my C: my documents it will not let me access it it just says acess is denied.

This is my old hard drive i installed a new hard drive but cannot access my old documents please help me access them so i can finish updating my computer

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 you can right-click on the My Documents folder in the Hard Drive and select "Take Ownership". This will allow you then to access the photos.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
can anyone please help me acess my old drive

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Did you encrypt your old HD? My cousin did that with XP, and when he tried to access it as a slave on a new OS he couldn't.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Boot into Ubuntu with a Live CD and move the files that way. Linux doesn't care about windows encryption.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Here is just the help you need, friend. You need Device Doctor. Totally free, no registration, not shareware partly disabled, this is a fully functioning program that scans and finds all of your hardware, when you click "install," it calls up your default browser and you can download the file, or open and run the file. I have been using DD for two years now, never a problem. It does take a little while on a new installation of Windows to install all of the drivers, but these are OEM drivers, not common "Windows" drivers. I would stake my reputation as a repairman on this program.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
MOST LAPTOP MAKERS TODAY HAVE A SERVICE TAG OR SERVICE NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THE LAPTOP

YOU GO TO THE SUPPORT PAGE OF THE MAKER, FIND THE LINK THAT SAYS.. FIND MY SERVICE TAG OR NUMBER AUTOMATICALLY...

ONCE IT DOES... IT WILL TELL YOU TO UPLOAD THE NEEDED DRIVERS...

top topics

join