It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Creature Found in Nelson County

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

LEBANON JUNCTION, KY (WAVE) - Has a mythical creature made its way to Kentucky? Some people seem to think so, after a Nelson County man came across a creature with grayish, wrinkly skin and no fur. Mark Cothren shot and killed an animal on Dec. 18 because he said he feared what it was, since he did not recognize it. He said the animal walked from the woods onto his front yard around 3 p.m. Cothren lives on Mount Carmel Church Road in Lebanon Junction.

It looks to me like a fox with end stage mange. They don't usually lose all fur, but it's not unheard of.
I don't know what do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
While I have no knowledge in cryptozoology this is definitely a very interesting find.
I have never seen a fox let alone a fox without hair.
It does seem to have almost finger like digits.

Bald racoon maybe?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
fox or coyote with mange happens all the time even at this stage they can be rehabilitated and released
seems to be more and more common poor things,something in the environment must be making them more susceptible than ever before

oh wait just looked at the paws again it's a raccoon..same as above still applies
edit on 12/24/2010 by MrsBlonde because: make a correction

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for this post

I don't think the explanations on the news are very believable (coyotes with a severe case of the mange???). How about some DNA tests on the animal?

They obviously know what it is already; I suspect an experimental lab escapee.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

check out this thread..it might help explain why they look like they do...

thread here

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
fox or coyote with mange happens all the time even at this stage they can be rehabilitated and released
seems to be more and more common poor things,something in the environment must be making them more susceptible than ever before

oh wait just looked at the paws again it's a raccoon..same as above still applies
edit on 12/24/2010 by MrsBlonde because: make a correction

It looks like a coon to me. Poor animal

I wonder if it got into some kind of waste that compromised its immune system.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have to go with Coyote. The way that one in the video is running is for sure a coyote. Coyote, coyote, coyote.
No Montauk, coyote.
Star for making me look.
edit on 24-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
chupacabras

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

I agree what ever it is they need to run some blood work and see what the hell is going on in the environment.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's another mundane animal defaced by mange.

I can't believe people are still calling these things unknown.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Its a bald coon you can tell by the front paws/hands

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

I'm leaning towards coon myself.I think when people start calling this defect ''mundane" Don't you think there is real problem in the environment.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I agree with the mange is a problem issue, so many coyotes fox and raccoon are affected I'm thinking there is something seriously wrong with the environment,every time I see one of these poor animals on youtube or the news I feel sad that our wildlife are suffering like this

I can't ever remember seeing this many affected animals I don't know if it's on the rise, or if it's just because we have the internet now?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yes, Coon with mange.
But, i believe this Coon has
had an intimate encounter with Lady Gaga and
has been traumatized by the event.
It should have been offered some type
of counseling ,not shot to death.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

agreed and Happy Holidays!
that Lady Gaga she's trouble!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
From the photo, it looks to be female with teats. It may have had a family waiting for its mommy to come home and a darn human killed yet another animal - what a surprise! Yeehaw!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mange can completely denude an animal. Poor girl, out in the cold without her coat. The ears look a little large for a coon. It looks like it was in good health before being killed. I't doesn't seem to be suffering from starvation. DNA will let us know what it is for sure. If it's a chupie, it must be a Mexican one. The Puerto Rican chupies fly.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Looks like a bald chihuahua. The "fingers" are strange though.

I live in Kentucky though and I can vouch for the fact that weird stuff roams around these parts. I can also vouch for the fact that the first response to seeing something "unknown" here is to shoot at it.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Probably just a bald racoon.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It may very well be a raccoon. However it could also be an opossum.

Opossum feet also look very much like that.. Have a look at the pic..

Ok now picture this without fur..

Opossum

top topics

<<   2 >>

join