It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Credit Card Number was stolen online.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I found out today that my cc/debit card number had been used to charge over $1000.00 by someone who stole my cc number. Now that money is going to be tied up for abt. 60 days. I found the website where it was used and it seem suspicious to me. Does anyone have any advice for me? My card has already been canceled.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Urgh. What a pain. The only advice I have at this point is to contact the credit bureau's (all 3) get a copy of your credit report and make sure nothing else is going on that you don't know about. In most states, maybe all, you can get free copy from each credit bureau at: here. Going forward, don't use your debit card for online purchases, ever. Allowing access to your checking and savings accounts is a very risky idea.
edit on 21-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think I will have to get one of those credit cards that you can reload in the future. We don't use actual credit cards. We prefer to pay cash/debit for everything. I'm wondering about the website where it was used. It is a saudi arabia website and it looks fishy to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Re-loadable cards are a good idea, too. Whatever you choose, just protect your checking and savings accounts. Giving others access by using your debit online is so risky! Good luck figuring it out.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So, I've been royally screwed this Christmas. Not one, but three fraudulent charges on my account totaling almost $4,000.
I think when I was making an online purchase at Kohls, someone hacked in and stole my card number. Three charges for the exact same amount went through my account even though the card was canceled. Someone at www.emall.com.sa knows whats going on and I am beyond pissed!

Some Merry Freaking Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Check you computer for viruses and spyware NOW!

A lot of credit card fraud on the net is caused by Trojans that redirect you to fake pages where you enter your credit card it could be an online banking page, a shopping page.

A similar thing happened to me but I spotted it before my card was used, everytime I went to my bank page I was redirected to an exact copy of the page that was not owned by the bank, the info was even forwarded to the original site after it was copied so that I could still use all of the services and everything seemed normal.

If you don't have malwarebytes download it and run it before you enter any more card info on that computer.

It may not be thins but it might be

Malwarebytes

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You know, I wonder if that is exactly what happened? I know I typed Kohls into google because I can never remember how to spell Kohls and maybe the link I clicked on was a fake page. I'm pissed at my bank too, because after they canceled the card because of suspicious activity ( for the first charge), they let two more of the exact same charges go through. I've got to try to get it all sorted out.

I appreciate the reply.
I've heard of that happening before, but it didn't occur to me that might be what happened. Will scan my pc immediately.

V.
edit on 24-12-2010 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

top topics

join