It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC: Hit in the Movie Armaggadon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
While I was watching the movie Armagaddon this morning I notice in one brief scene it looks like tower one or two taking a direct hit by a meteorite while the scene in question was only shown for like a half second at the beginning of the movie. It almost looked like the same place were the plane hit on sep 11. so I was just wondering if any one else had caught that.

and of course what you all think.. I always find it fun to see how holly wood mirrors real life in unintended ways.. like predicting the future or in some way mirroring it. what do you guys think and what other movies do you know about that do this? I did a quick look and saw no other threads.. this is not a did 9/11 really happen or how did it happen thread..

edit on 21/12/10 by masqua because: All Caps in title replaced

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
WTC towers were a hallmark of the US/NYC, of course they'd be hit in a disaster movie.

I don't think it was a deliberate attempt to reveal something in the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
im from the city. trust me, all growing up, the towers WERE the city. they were as marketted as much as the statue of liberty. and for sure, more popular than the empire state building.

i went up them about 4-5 times. it was a blast.

damn shame the 'dancing izrealis' decided to blast 'em.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Dude, its a MOVIE!!!
They were also destroyed in Independence day, chill out

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thats probably what inspired the terrorists/Goverment to blow them up
Just like in the movies.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
not the point guys.. I'm not trying to make this into a whole they showed us 9/11 thing lol.. was just pointing out what I thought I saw and see if any one else saw the same thing... and I'm pretty chill so I don't need to chill out lol..

also I was also trying to see if any other movies out there not just popular U.S movies have done the same thing.. mirroring real life before it happened.. I look in a min for it but cracked.com did a thing on it..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

The movie Armageddon in no way mirrors real life. Yeah, you're chill, but apparently you're wondering if that was prophetic of sorts, and you're attempting to read into things.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
not the point guys.. I'm not trying to make this into a whole they showed us 9/11 thing lol.. was just pointing out what I thought I saw and see if any one else saw the same thing

If your point was to ask for confirmation as to what you saw in the film, then why is this in a general conspiracy board? Shouldn't this be under entertainment? Just saying.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
P.S. Don't use CAPS for thread titles. It's in the rules. Just a heads up for your next thread. Mods will change it anyhow.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

the 70s movie 'Towering Inferno' was made to represent the fears of way tall buildings...
[[ RE: Twin Towers which were under construction and promoted by the two Rockefeller bro's
that a lot of people were against building in the 1st place (seen as monuments to the elites) ]]

the 'Armageddon ' movie just needed iconic props to get battered/ destroyed to add to the hype...

i wonder why the Planet of the Apes only used the Torch of Ms Liberty to be symbolic of NYC...
(in the Forbidden Zone)
because the towers would dwarf Statue of Liberty buried in a future beach...and bring the immediate
recognition that humans were once the doominant technolgical species
edit on 21-12-2010 by St Udio because: good wordplay ---" Doominant " v. dominant

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Didn't see the Armageddon movie. I'll have to watch for it to come back on.
In the spin off from the X-files series, The Lone Gunmen, there was a scene of a passenger plane that was going to be used to hit the towers, but was averted at the last minute. I don't remember when that episode came out, I think it was about 6 months before 911.
IF (BIG IF), this was planned by Muslims in caves, with really good cell phone service
they would have been well into the planning stages, I would think.

In the movie Knowing, there was a oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico that was on fire too.

Life imitating art imitating life.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah! And King Kong climbed one of the Towers at the end of the movie. It must mean something.

Or not.

To repeat...iconic buildings. Targeted by script writers. Targeted by terrorists.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think you guys are reading a bit too far into this. It is supposed to be a fun little thread were we compare Movies, Comic and any other media. That predicted or mirrored life and weather or not they got it right.. or how far they missed the mark. this is not me trying to say they predicted any thing.. and to you people that are saying that.. go flame some were else.. this is supposed to be a fun little thread..

edit on 21-12-2010 by Reaper2137 because: Idoits

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
It is supposed to be a fun little thread were we compare Movies, Comic and any other media. .. this is supposed to be a fun little thread..

And so now it resides where it belongs.

top topics

join