It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghost able to travel through Internet connection? yeah kind of strange

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well i have heard about them being able to communicate through electrical devices but not travel through them. Well i will get down to my story to shed some insight you all of you. Sorry i don't have any evidence of the event of any info backing it up for you but i was wondering what some of you think about the concept. Ok here's what happened about a week ago i was on my computer messing around and decided i was going to take a nap for about an hour so i went to sleep and left my computer on. About 40 minutes into my sleep I'm awakened by my computer making very strange noises my first thought was o crap i have a virus or someone hacked my system its sounded like the comp was in its death throws when out of nowhere a strange white see though person just materialized out of the modem and walked to my door which was slightly open. It walked though it which actually shut the door and freaked me the hell out. I could chalk this up to lucid dreaming yet my roommate happened to hear the door shut by its self as he was at the end of hallway. I asked him if he had shut my door and he said no i just got home i thought you did. I checked my windows and they had all been shut. My question is could this be a ghost or some other highly advanced being using the internet like its own personal highway. I was thinking a being that is pure energy could acomplish a tash such as this and thats kind of what this thing looked like maybe it was interdimentional and we gave it a great means to travel though our dimension with the wifi cell towers and electrical grid

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
seriously I do not know what you saw or if you saw it. But if you had booze before going to sleep, please tell me what type and brand. I might switch from bourbon!! If I had seen what you described my pc would be on the curb or a least the modem would be. scary stuff

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I highly doubt that there was a ghost in your computer, though it would be ironic to have a ghost actually in the machine

It could have been a dream, a hallucination, etc. I know that your roommate reported the door closing as well however why exactly would a ghost be using the door especially if they can shoot through computer connections and such? Could the door have been closed by wind or some other mundane cause?

Anyway its definitely a weird story, would probably make a good idea for a movie or TV show.

Keep an eye on your computer and try to capture some evidence, although my guess is that you dreamed it (no offense but its a pretty far out story to just accept that it was real especially if you yourself doubt it).

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

actually i stopped drinking about a year and a half ago. I still smoke cigs trust me i have tried to stop but yeah totally sober when it happened
edit on 21-12-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sounds like a Japanese horror flick yo... but you can always take hints from movies about reality. We all know how Hollywood works. Communication, yeah I've heard... but this takes it to a new level.

Def. wouldn't doubt it. The barriers between dimensions are thinning because we are at the end of a major galactic cycle. It's true that we are literally walking between worlds, as are others. Next time reach out and touch something

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

actually it walked though the door and the door shut i know how crazy that sounds seeing as it could go though a internet connection but yeah maybe it can still effect air which pushed my door closed. And all the windows in the place had been shut.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am taking you seriously!

I believe that they can.

I have had no evidence of this. But it has crossed my mind when logging onto various threads about demon possessin, etc. that by my interacting with the thread and the energy of the writer (if they have a haunting or posession personally), that this links me to them and marks me for whatever they are experiencing.

Paranoid? Potentially!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey TS, look into the various stages of project bluebeam. One of them is demonic type entities (possibly faked) traveling through internet connections.

You may have seen the first one!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

yeah dude last night after the post my comp started to do the same thing and i turned it off manually with the power button which i never do. I also go to school and im trying to get my degree in computer science so i checked my system very very well after and nothing! no over heating no hard drive problems and i used to do telecommunication work so i checked my phone lines as i have dsl thought maybe it could be a corrupted analog transmission but no the lines are good. Im going to hook my laptop to it next time and see if i can see what is happening to the system. I think maybe if i can reproduce it i can catch it. I know some programmer people maybe i can get them to make a program to catch it once i have the results and then compress and send it to a virus vault. If its just signal then i can check its frequency range and spikes. If it keeps happening. I feel like ghost busters
untill then you guys will have to wait.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe you dude....

However I think other dimensional entities would just be drawn to computers due to the electrical usage, .... or simply because their curious, .... computers are relatively new. Perhaps it was " charging up" which gave it the energetic mass to be able to move your door.

When it comes to traveling, ... why would they use an electrical hardline when the speed of thought is much simpler and faster.

I've also had my computer come out of idle by itself, and do other things, but yeah, ... I wouldnt worry too much about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I agree with InstellaBurst. When I read your post, the first thing that popped into my head was that the ghost just used your modem as a power source in order to manifest itself. I've been ghost hunting for a few years and I've learned that spirits need an energy source in order to manifest, move things, speak aloud, or whatever. Sometimes they drain batteries in cameras, audio equipment, etc. They can pull the heat from the air, hence the temperature drop many people experience before something paranormal occurs. So it's likely that she was already there and used the energy from the modem to make herself seen and to move the door.

Has anything strange ever happened before this?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

cool an answer that would make sense it was powering up. Has this ever happened before well no with the comp and yes with ghosts. I have seen them a couple of times and only faintly like an outline it's kind of hard to put into words without sounding like a nut job and i have always dismissed it as an over active mind as i never had proof. All i know is this thing is pissing me off messing with my comp.
if that is the real reason and not some unforeseen or intermittent problem with my comp that still would not explain the image of a person walking through my door. and if the whole powering up thing is true why not hang around high voltage lines or nuke reactors why a small appliance.?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

We are all energy! Even when we reach the supernatural.

This is a spirit attempting to protect you in your future comings.

All people are Phsycic but don't realize this fact. All people are living batteries of positive and negative energy. Our internal spirit is a positive manifestation which assist others.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There's a movie about this that I've been meaning to watch. Here's the cover:

edit on 22-12-2010 by cottman1138 because: forgot text

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
i was going to take a nap
so I went to sleep About 40 minutes into my sleep I'm awakened

This is the source of the issue.
There is a condition known as "sleep paralysis" that can induce hallucinations and odd perceptions.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
spirits are energy we know this as a fact, therefore it makes sense that energy can travel via use of energy and can also interact with other energy.

after all they suck energy from the atmosphere to manifest and to push objects it makes sense through static disacharge

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well i have heard about them being able to communicate through electrical devices but not travel through them. Well i will get down to my story to shed some insight you all of you. Sorry i don't have any evidence of the event of any info backing it up for you but i was wondering what some of you think about the concept. Ok here's what happened about a week ago i was on my computer messing around and decided i was going to take a nap for about an hour so i went to sleep and left my computer on. About 40 minutes into my sleep I'm awakened by my computer making very strange noises my first thought was o crap i have a virus or someone hacked my system its sounded like the comp was in its death throws when out of nowhere a strange white see though person just materialized out of the modem and walked to my door which was slightly open. It walked though it which actually shut the door and freaked me the hell out. I could chalk this up to lucid dreaming yet my roommate happened to hear the door shut by its self as he was at the end of hallway. I asked him if he had shut my door and he said no i just got home i thought you did. I checked my windows and they had all been shut. My question is could this be a ghost or some other highly advanced being using the internet like its own personal highway. I was thinking a being that is pure energy could acomplish a tash such as this and thats kind of what this thing looked like maybe it was interdimentional and we gave it a great means to travel though our dimension with the wifi cell towers and electrical grid

And your antivirus didn't pick it up? What a/v are you using?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I would have to agree with the OP here. Ghosts are known to use electronic devices to try to communicate through to our plane. I have evidence of this through something called EVPs. To those unfamiliar EVP's are "Electronic Voice Phenomenon" which is supposivly ghosts trying to communicate.

I have experimented with this and have found it very eerie. I use a program called Audacity to generate white noice then use my webcam and start recording my voice by asking questions such as Are there any spirits here.

I have just started experimenting with this and have actually captured some information. I have some work to do yet as it can get quite complicated as you have to edit the decibel levels and sometimes slow down the speech.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Sounds like a Japanese horror flick yo... but you can always take hints from movies about reality. We all know how Hollywood works. Communication, yeah I've heard... but this takes it to a new level.

Def. wouldn't doubt it. The barriers between dimensions are thinning because we are at the end of a major galactic cycle. It's true that we are literally walking between worlds, as are others. Next time reach out and touch something

Pulse (2006) Written by Wes Craven

based on:

Kairo (回路 or "Circuit"?) Dorected by Kiyoshi Kurosawa

en.wikipedia.org...(2001_film)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55e22f909d54.jpg[/atsimg]

One of the best horror films I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few...
edit on 12/23/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: review

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Demons,can travel through your speach,through touch,pretty much anything. And if your a christian then all ghosts are demonsWHY? because judgement day hasnt happened yet,so the dead should not be in any form. Except the holy ghost.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join