It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia law, what it will do to you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This is what Sharia law will be like. Think twice before thinking multiculturalism will work.

Full video here:

edit on 20-12-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We need some of that in america, these women are out of control.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Based on your logic, this is how Western law treats their women?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think each culture needs to think twice about how they view and portray the others.
All of our systems are botched, although it's more evident in some than in others.

Fear is where it starts.
Love is where it ends.
Unity is when we step up a notch.

Rinse and repeat.

edit on 20-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You're trying really hard aren't you?

Publicly endorsed whipping like that video (Sharia law) is not comparable to a few nutcases in the police force of another nation (the video you posted "law").

Just look at the different settings:

Woman is being whipped in public, audience observes, no interference. Justice is not sought, "this" is justice.

Woman is being brutalised in private, no audience to observe until later. There is outrage.

Oh and if you say "in public in other countries, in cases of public brutality, bystanders don't do anything either" that is irrelevant, why? Because these cases of brutality are always in the case of a suspect or innocent person being captured. Whether or not the person resisted arrest is a different story, but the brutality tends to showcase itself in this manner in public occurences.

In the sharia law video, the woman is on her knees, no attempts are made to arrest her, she is being whipped merely as punishment.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I agree with the other posters here. Just in the last week I saw cops punching a girl, a guy carving a duck crossing the street killed by a cop, and a guy who just got pulled over tazed over and over. This was in America.

If multiculturalism scares you, and Sharia law scares you, I'd advise you to look at the groups that push for multiculturalism and what they have to gain from this. I'd also ask you to look at who owns the media and how the fear of Sharia law and muslims can be used for their agenda.
edit on 20-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Did you watch the whole video>?

In the end it shows the picture of what happened when the officer turned off the video.

She was brutally beaten, punched in the eye etc.

There was no charges laid against the officer.

The same will happen in Sudan, no charges will be laid against that officer who was beating that woman with a whip.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes I can see it, I am not doubting that the police officer beat the crap out of that woman for no reason other than to satisfy some sick urge he had. But what is happening here is that these videos get leaked to our public, via THEIR security cameras. It takes someone to record it on mobile phone in places where the Sharia-esque laws are in place to get this information out.

What i'm saying is that these two cases are not comparable, the violence in the sharia-esque law video was used as an official punishment, while the violence in the other police officer video of some other nation was used to satisfy that individual officers sick urge, and it is not an official punishment, which is why it was even taken to court where although (due to corruption obviously, i'm not advocating the law is great) police officer was not charged, he was fired (ofcourse so they do not get more bad-media regarding more people like him) but the intent was still there.

I'd like to know if anyone in that sharia-esque video's country did anything to prosecute that police officer that was whipping that woman. Or even if they got him fired.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

There is a difference between rogue scumbag cops

And religious doctrine and practice.....Im willing to wager, you can find more public displays of brutality against women in predominantly Muslim countries, over the last year........than of out of control cops beating women....

Thats like saying that spousal abuse is the same the religious practices of some muslim areas......

Not even close to the same

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This cop thought he had the right to beat up that woman brutally just like the Sudanese cop thought he had the right to beat up that women brutally.

There is no difference.

Question: Why was the women being beaten in the OP's video? Hence there was no trial etc, she was practically innocent.

Question: Why was the women being beaten in the video I provided? Hence there was no trial etc, she was practically innocent.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I agree, this is a culturally accepted practice in these places...the kid of police brutality we see in that video (which by the way, is absolutely...I just dont even have words for that..) is not commonplace and once the public finds out about it there is an outcry. I the kinds of places the OP is talking about, no public outvry will ever happen because this is how they do things there.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is a major problem with America, our systems, because we enjoyed unparalleled success throughout our history, are considered to be the most evolved and desirable of any on the face of the globe. Essentially, we are ingrained with the idea that everything American is better than anywhere else, simply because of our history. We are certainly better in many areas, but you cannot deny that there are plenty of areas where America is similar to the underdeveloped regions of the globe. We, as a country, are not infallible.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune
I agree, this is a culturally accepted practice in these places...the kid of police brutality we see in that video (which by the way, is absolutely...I just dont even have words for that..) is not commonplace and once the public finds out about it there is an outcry. I the kinds of places the OP is talking about, no public outvry will ever happen because this is how they do things there.

What kind of public out cry are you talking about?

and no, I don't think it is any more common for such incidents to take place in Muslim world than the Western world, or any other world for that matter.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Let's just put it like this: in America, more women are brutally abused daily in the privacy of their own homes, or away from prying eyes, than in any other country in the world...I can almost guarantee it. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Cowardice transcends all ideologies.
edit on 21-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
Let's just put it like this: in America, more women are brutally abused daily in the privacy of their own homes, or away from prying eyes, than in any other country in the world...I can almost guarantee it. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

New Zealand is worse:
91000 domestic violence incidents every year.
And
experts say the above figure is only 15% of the real figure, because it mostly goes unreported.

Very disturbing situation here in New Zealand.

Just trying to set up a comparison.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wow. For such a small area, that's really sad.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Hmmmmmm Sharia law, what it will do for me?

Well I like to

1) Drink alcohol whenever I feel like & lots of it sometimes!
2) Love to eat copious amounts of ham, bacon, pork & other foods derived from Pig products
3) Have my say that all organised religions are fake & that includes Islam
4) I like to gamble occasionally
5) I like to see my wife dress in clothes that enhance her beauty not hide her like a Burka or hajib

So what will it do for me nothing!

Screw Sharia law & all who support it. it is disgusting! Fancy teling people what to do like that! a disgrace!
edit on 21-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Obviously all kinds of abuse are abominable; be it excesses in Sharia-law, christian 'patriarchy', african mass-rapings and all the other atrocities made officially or in-officially by ideological sanctioning or by cultural norms making it possible.

So I take it for GRANTED, that ALL participants here will join me in a defense of egalitarian, liberal society, where:

a/ Law is for the protection of both individuals and the collective, without any privileges to ideological elitists.

b/ All are equal to the law.

Or is this thread just another example of an agenda of: "We good guys, 'they' bad guys, so we want to be privileged and not be subject to a/ and b/".

Anyone wanting to demonstrate ignorance about the political egalitarian and liberal society by suggesting it 'takes away the rights of the oppressors to oppress' feel free to make fools of yourselves with propaganda hogwash of ideological elitism.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sharia law is ONLY applicable to muslims. Non-muslims ARE NOT subject to sharia law..
Carry on with the fearmongering and ignorance...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Re Expat888

Yes, but having the self-appointed position as moral world-police, extremist christians feel that EVERYTHING is within their jurisdiction and that ethical values ONLY have their black/white options.

As Hitler's soldiers had inscribed on their belts (I believe): "Gott mitt uns".

That's all it takes.

This position and attitude is ofcourse mirrored in jihad, being equally insane, only with a few labels changed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join