It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member's New Year's Resolutions for 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, it's almost that time of the year again, so it's time to make those pesky New Year's Resolutions... Some of us will keep them, most of us will break them. The broken resolutions tend to occur when a person reaches to the sky only to fall to the ground... My advice, make smaller resolutions... But what ever your resolution(s) might be, I wish you all the luck in the world keeping them...

I'm making two resolutions this year. The first is to dump the 50 lbs. I gained when I quit smoking a year ago. Like most people, I swelled like a balloon once I quit the Coffin Nails... Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I quit smoking, but now it's time to get back down to just a little chubby instead of heading in the direction of beached whale... The second resolution I want to make affects my life here on ATS. I resolve to stay as far away from Gay themed threads as possible. It always devolves into the same lame arguments used to justify latent homophobia (and some not so latent), and just makes my blood pressure rise along with wishing for the magical ability to reach through a standard TCP/IP Internet Connection to smack the crap out of someone... As they are NOT productive in anyway, I resolve to now avoid them and the 'haters' that they always draw in...

OK, now it's your turn! What do you resolve to do in 2011 to make your life better???

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I resolve to start as many gay-themed threads as possible just to make Jax angry.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

After I became single, a few years ago, I kind of lost interest in the world and went into hermit mode. My New Years resolution for 2011 is to come out of my shell, again, and to get back into the world. So... Basically I am resolving to start doing, again, many of the things that others are about to pop-in saying that they are going to give up!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i got a few ,,,
at the top of my list

getting my kids back home .
losing the 35 pounds that i put on in the past 2 years .

having sex again ..... lol.

to be an overall nicer person to everybody . or become more of a bitch . its a toss up..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

I resolve to start as many gay-themed threads as possible just to make Jax angry.

TROLL!!

My New Years Resolution is to kill ALL eels of the world to make Nos angry.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by mblahnikluver

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I plan on making a new franchise: KFP
Kentucky fried PENGUIN

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I hate making resolutions because I always fail at keeping them. I'll do it now though because I really want to make the effort.

I want to quit needing a drink. Nothing wrong with drinking, I just overdo it sometimes, and I want to stop that.
I also resolve to stand up for myself more. I always put others' needs before my own, to a fault.
I also want to make the commitment to be more open with people about my new spiritual beliefs. I am no longer a Christian and most my family is still in it. They would say I'm into evil stuff if they knew what I do and believe now. That's part of the standing up for myself thing now also, I don't want to feel ashamed, for indeed there is nothing to be ashamed of. I fear their reactions though.
Enough babbling... that's my resolutions. Thanks for getting me to think about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I plan on making a new franchise: KFP
Kentucky fried PENGUIN

OMG that is so wrong, but hey if it tastes like chicken I'm in

As for my New Year's Resolution...I don't have one. I never make one because I don't need a new year to do something I should have done all year. That is how i look at resolutions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
my real resolution is to find my 13 year old daughter...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I plan to be more productive with both personal and professional affairs.

I have a bad habit of putting things off, and sometimes never even getting around to doing them.

I was supposed to do all kinds of stuff today, and only did about half of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
For my new years resolution, I will go out more often then before and start going to trade school. Also to improve my posting skills like never before but only time will tell if that occurs.

P.S Glad I completed one of last years resolutions, what about yall?
edit on 20-12-2010 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
For my new years resolution, I will go out more often then before and start going to trade school. Also to improve my posting skills like never before but only time will tell if that occurs.

P.S Glad I completed one of last years resolutions, what about yall?
edit on 20-12-2010 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up

I said I wanted me and my fiancee' to have a house, and we just closed on one (thank you, finacee's VA loan). I said I wanted to start playing music again, and I did. So I covered mine from last year.

This year will be harder (see above). Im so bad at finishing things.

Good luck with school!! You can go with VA benefits, right Stop-loss?

Might I add, that your threads last year were wonderful. IMHO, of course.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Try gay?

Seriously straight is hurting my heart, gay is just a shift I suppose.

Wait, quit smoking - quit smoking.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I am going to modify my second resolution. I will only post the following in any gay themed thread I happen to run across:

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

Renowned Physicist Dr. Michio Kaku

I will not read the OP, nor will I read any of the other posts, I will simply post this brilliant quote by Dr. Michio Kaku and then leave the thread forever... To me it sums up the entire debate in one simple quote...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My resolution will probably be the same as last year and that is to stop procrastinating.

Going to start working on that soon though, probably tomorrow.......

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have sort of made an impromptu vow this holiday season and I hope to carry it over into next year.

My goal is to live in the moment and to truly enjoy where I am and what I am doing at present time, and to be thankful for times that are good, to be humble, and to not take small things like holidays and being with family for granted.

If this year has taught me anything, it is that things can often chage quickly and drastically during uncertain times, and nothing is guaranteed in life. If you put any stock into what is said on places like ATS then you know that our happy little existence can change 180 degrees in a matter of no time at all.

So while I am physically, financially and spiritually able to....I plan on making the absolute most of my time and my resolution is to cherish every good moment that I can get. After all there may not be a "next year" and next year may look very different from what we have right now

Peace on Earth

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
First, most likely, will be to follow the 8 life suggestions in my 'quotes' section.

Second, less likely, is to lose all of the weight I need to lose. I have no idea how much but it's plenty.

Third, least likely, stop being a recluse and rejoin civilization once again.

Hell, at least I admit that some of these I cannot accomplish. But I will try... probably... hopefully... maybe...

Whatever, point being 2011 better be a constructive year for me. If by December 2011 I am still heavy and hiding from civilization I will want to beat my head against the wall.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Lose weight and have a better year than the previous sounds just about right!
but strangely that's been my resolution for the last few years!!!

Good luck people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join