It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO using virtual time machine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
OK, I know that sounds wacky and let me start by simply saying that I have no physical evidence, just probability considering capability. Please read on as I will lay out a few points.

First off....I think a cabal, factions or those at the top of the pyramid could be using computer simulations, an actual "looking glass" computer, to examine the present, take into account literally EVERYTHING and show a variety of paths or outcomes to allow scientists in conjunction with the powers that be determine courses of action based on the massive data output. Lets start by finding out if the computer hardware even exists to allow this.

In a world of consumer electronics where 3D televisions and xbox's are sitting in peoples living rooms, it is an easy leap of the imagination. Computer hardware has indeed been true to "Moore's law" that states transistor counts should increase roughly every two years until a point where you're down to the size of a few atoms in width. Beyond that point, new materials or methods must be researched. Still, the amount of "flops" or calculations per second is increasing exponentially as shown in the video below.

When you see a story regarding super computers like the one above, it is always for philanthropic purposes. To assume that someone or some group would use computers to essentially control humanity is crazy, right? Actually, I believe MOST remarkable computers are used for weather, accident, disaster and other simulations, but it is the remarkable computers that we NEVER hear about that concern me.The current bleeding edge is what is called "quantum computers and it is still in its infancy...or is it?

Normally, developments only come as fast as the R&D budget of a company or grant money to a university allow.The actual rate of advancement has always been higher than we see as civilians though. Developments have always come at a remarkable pace when pursued outside of mere capital interest, for instance, computer technology advanced dramatically during world war 2.

In my opinion, it is safe to assume the hardware capabilities exist to create a computer capable of the massive data input and output necessary to "see the future" to a near 90% accuracy or more. The hardware is only the first step though. All that speed is useless if you can't harness it properly.

How would you go about programming a computer to see the future? I am no programmer, but I can safely say the amount of data and code needed would be massive and the code needed to make the computer calculate the data in a meaningful way would be staggering. You would have to take into account absolutely everything from the way humans behave, perceive and interact to the processes of all nature itself...unimaginable. A programmer wouldn't get a fraction of it done during there life span.

I think the answer would lie in creating a learning or self aware computer. While that task doesn't sound much easier, I think it would be more achievable than manually inputting the data and code. We have all entertained and been entertained by the thought of it choosing to exterminate humanity, but that could be relatively easy to prevent. Developments that everybody can see are already occurring. Check the link below...

Numenta

So I have to bring this up again...what don't we know and what developments are being made or have been made behind secret doors? I know this is a LOT of speculation, but the capability is there from what I know. The people with all the wealth in the world would jump at the opportunity to have a virtual time machine...who wouldn't?

Events on the world stage and the financial system seem played out. The very psychological state of people seems predicted and taken advantage of. The ability to know all the outcomes would be the holy grail and I am almost certain those in power are doing just that.

If anyone has insight into this topic, please share it.
edit on 20-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
possibly it makes absolute sense

gets you thinking doesnt it

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Good post!

It is entirely possible, and highly probable.

Scientists have been doing it for a long time. The act of observing small data segments and then extrapolating to a larger population is basic statistical / scientific method.

Calculating a range of possibilities, and then appling numerical probabilities to those possiblities, does allow a peek into the future. You could say with noteworthy confidence what will happen in the future.

Bookies and odds-makers do it all the time, and are able to make a good living at it.

So, the question isn't "is it possible", but to what degree of accuracy can the PTB determine a likely outcome for a given set of circumstances. My guess is they are able to determine outcomes at a VERY fine granular level.

It sort of frightens me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well its possible ... and th eamount of programming is not that great (ok you can make it big if you want c00lz gr@phicz!!!) because you just need to create formulas and algorithms and then use them just like on a piece of paper.

And even AI is possible ... for example i created a chess AI that learns from every game that it has played but it stored everything on RAM memory ... so after all the 512 was full you needed to reboot. (this should give you some more things to think about)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I don't remember who is doing it but I do remember reading some time back that they were programming a computer with information about everyone on earth to be able to predict what would happen. Not sure how far along they are or how long it has/is taking them.

However bearing in mind that they are years ahead in development before it ever reaches the public, I wouldn't be surprised that if somewhere they have the future all sewn up and it is just a matter of bringing it altogether when they achieve the sort of future which they are planning.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Was it Kasporov ..playing chess against "Big Blue" or wahetever it was ... making illogical moves in order to throw off the AI ?

Do we have to run down the street, near nekkid and dance on top of a shopping cart in order to become unpredictable for a short period of time to open up more possibilities so that to fool the "looking-glass" ?

Everyone should start doing things that are out of character, (within the law
) so that we can jam that baby....
edit on 20-12-2010 by sayiamu because: spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by keldas

You can use google trends to predict the state of mind of the majority of internet users and think what to do next in your agenda acording to that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by keldas

You can use google trends to predict the state of mind of the majority of internet users and think what to do next in your agenda acording to that.

I had a look at it. It looks like a great marketing tool to forecast consumer spending, but predicting the future it isn't
I do think such minuscule information would be relevant to an all knowing hyper aware computer though.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Thats because you are not trained to interpret the results of google trends ... Imagine if a group of 10 people lets say, are trained in this way.

new topics

top topics

join