It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Origin of Atheism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If I would ask to ask your ancestors a question, would they give you a banana?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Yes, we are animals.

We aren't plants, fungi, chromistas, protozoans, of bacteria, are we? That leaves animals. What's so bad about being an animal?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Isn't.. um, the atheist threads in the wrong forum or is atheism a religion?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
If I would ask to ask your ancestors a question, would they give you a banana?

Do you ever answer a question or just post the most random, useless questions because you're unable to argument and discuss like a grownup?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Why do you go with something when everything else you have been able to note doesn't fit?

limp bizkit, do you know what you are... welcome to the jungle, punk.

edit on 2011/1/26 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Why do you go with something when everything else you have been able to note doesn't fit?

limp bizkit, do you know what you are... welcome to the jungle, punk.

edit on 2011/1/26 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

And the troll reveals himself...nice attempt at trying to derail the thread you apparently don't like

Why so angry son?

edit on 26-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If God exists then why is the sun going to die in 4 billion years and our entire galaxy is rotating around a super-massive blackhole which is slowly sucking us in?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Neither do I. I know, through scientifically verifiable methods, that the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old. We have clear evidence of this and it doesn't matter what you believe.

around 4.5billion years is a rough estimation isn't it. I declare this a failiure.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Neither do I. I know, through scientifically verifiable methods, that the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old. We have clear evidence of this and it doesn't matter what you believe.

around 4.5billion years is a rough estimation isn't it. I declare this a failiure.

Only by your standards

How old do you think the earth is?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't see earth the way you do. We are seperated from the material earth and live because of Jesus Christ in our hearts. Fallen ones, here the cry. What's the deal with knowing how old the earth is. You want to know how long it has been used inapropriate?

They are seeing humans earthly, we are not. Divine we became since the rescue of our savior Lord JEsus Christ.
Accept Jesus to be the savior of your sins. Open your eyes. Earth science bears no fruit. Dislocated from the earth would sound too abrupt. We were taken up in the kingdom of heaven. No knowledge we will come short of for His knowledge is infinite. Satisfying his spirit is and makes us kind. We use earth as our companion. I estimate a 20000 years, I do not care for it is there eternaly. One day our eyes won't see this earth anymore as how we see it now.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I estimate a 20000 years

You should really start reading a few science books...statements like that show that you really have no clue about reality. I don't even mean that as an attack, "not knowing" isn't a crime...but if you refuse to even look at facts, that's kinda sad and shows how ignorant you are.

Nothing you posted has any bearing in reality or facts...hell, there's ZERO evidence to back up your claims. If that little fantasy world makes you happy, by all means, continue...just keep in mind that if you're attacking science while posting hogwash like that, it makes you look kinda silly

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Does science already know what the black holes are for? I foretell science one day will be tripping because of them seeing life as a cycle.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Does science already know what the black holes are for? I foretell science one day will be tripping because of them seeing life as a cycle.

No one knows if black holes have a purpose or not...that's what makes science fun, you have to figure stuff out.

"God did it" is just a dumbed-down explanation for people who don't have the brain capacity or willingness to use their brain to conduct proper research.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Rough estimate? Well, we've got it down to 4.54 billion years plus or minus 1%. I wouldn't call a one percent margin of error a 'rough estimate'. It's a very precise measurement.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
well, yeah, but 1% of 4.54billion is.. 45400000 years.

I say the world doesn't even exist as for such a period of time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Yesterday I watched the news here in belgium,..

Seems a silverback gorilla now walks straight up in the zoo. He does it all time mimicking people. Some others tend to do so also. What if we lack a gen and were monkeys in the beginning and now just less than a monkey?

What if our intelligence is a mankment to the intelligence of monkeys and our science is lack of perfection?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Re Etherical waterwave

I have no intentions of trying to convert you to alternative ways of reasoning, different from the one you're using on ATS..

I would only like to point out, that some of us have knowledge about the subjects we talk about, and let facts be preliminaries to our conclusions. Not conclusions first, and then inventing facts along the line.

My non-missionary offer can maybe be something, you can benefit from. If not, you can just disregard it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

well, yeah, but 1% of 4.54billion is.. 45400000 years.

I say the world doesn't even exist as for such a period of time.

Yes, which makes the number you quote so incredibly wrong

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Well, can you prove that the methods used to date the Earth to 4.54 billion years old are incorrect? Can you provide evidence to support how old you think the Earth is?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
To me it all just doesn't make sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join