It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myths told by Muslims.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Its funny that you cannot debunk anything I've posted, so you attack me instead.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

So lets see...you say you did research.

While you were doing your research did you take the information you found in or out of context?

Because there is a huge difference, allow me to demonstrate and do the very thing I said I wouldn't.

In context: In those days people lived as nomads, procreation was a matter of survival.

Out of context: If someone today were to do the same as someone did over a thousand years ago there would be hell to pay!

And when you did this research, did you relativate your findings with different areas of the globe in the same time period? Did you for instance, take a peek at the so called Jewish law which stated girls could be wed at 3 and that one could have intercourse with a 3 year old back then? Besides that I think you're wrong about the 6 and 9, I thought it was 9 and 12.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't apply the reasoning of today to the reasoning of yesterday, it makes no sense to do research like this. Is that clear enough or still vague to you?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Don't feel like replying or just avoiding the issue at hand?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Don't be so impatient, I was making dinner, I have a very demanding partner who gets grumpy when she's hungry!

In context, I know it was a long time ago and people thought differently, but even now, 13/14 is the legal age of marriage in Muslim countries, and IMO, that is still far too young, children need to be children.

You say about Jews and 3 year olds, whilst I don't doubt you (I don't honestly know), is that even physically possible?? Yes or no, that's quite disturbing.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Your first "fact" is not true. Islam means peace, submission and safety.

Go to an Arabic lexicon.
No word means only one thing.

You are so inaccurate on this fact therfore I am sure you are as inacuratte on the other "facts"

I will deal with later

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
...their goal is not to become citizens and abide by the laws of the none Muslim nation but to change those existing laws to accommodate for the ones of Islam in their benefits.

But they haven't. What laws have been changed? No laws have been changed.

Most religions are like that anyhow. Are you against Judaism because it is also a "set of laws"?
I see nothing in the US or the UK laws (or probably most other such countries laws) that muslims would prevent muslims from being muslims in those countries.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

In context, I know it was a long time ago and people thought differently,

Then why do you act as if it happened earlier today? Do you understand what kind of message this sends? Do you understand how many people you insult by not researching things in context and just making a populistic statement that seems copied off the Bill o Reily show?

but even now, 13/14 is the legal age of marriage in Muslim countries, and IMO, that is still far too young, children need to be children.

I know people who are 70 year old and have the mind of a child, even though they have had respectable jobs and have a family of their own. Children need to be children yes, but that is not the case in ANY country. It is up to the individual parents to make sure their children are raised accordingly. Here in Europe I see so many 13/14 year old girls NOT wanting to be children because they chase hollywood ideals and slut themselves out.

Though I find it hard to believe that a lot of 13/14 year olds are wed in Muslim countries, even if it is the legal age for marriage people have moved on you know.

I agree with you on this point, though, again it needs to be looked at in context. And then it appears that it is not a Muslim thing but a cultural thing as girls all over the globe are ripped from their childhood. To claim anything else is just propelling ignorance.

You say about Jews and 3 year olds, whilst I don't doubt you (I don't honestly know), is that even physically possible?? Yes or no, that's quite disturbing.

It is VERY disturbing, yet nobody blinks an eye towards Jewish law of the past. Ridiculous? Yes. Double standard? Yes. Irrelevant? Also yes.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
...but even now, 13/14 is the legal age of marriage in Muslim countries, and IMO, that is still far too young, children need to be children.

Not really, no

Interesting how the highest age allowance is Tunisia, which enforces an age of 20.
And the highest density of 13/14 (what you thought would be Islamic countries) is actually South America.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

That's chart is age of consent for sex, not marriage.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hence all those dots saying "must be married".

However, it looks like I was mistaken. Sorry. Looking through the actual wikipedia articles, it seems that Malawi seem to be the only country that has an Age of Consent (including marriage) of 14. There is none lower. Saudi Arabia and Yemen have no laws currently, but there is is legislation in the works to enforce an age of 14 (for marriage as well as sex of course) in Saudi Arabia, and an age of 18 in Yemen.
edit on 20-12-2010 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Your first "fact" is not true. Islam means peace, submission and safety.

Go to an Arabic lexicon.
No word means only one thing.

You are so inaccurate on this fact therfore I am sure you are as inacuratte on the other "facts"

I will deal with later

1605–15; < Ar islām lit., submission (to God) -Dictionary.com

Arabic islām submission (to the will of God) -m-w.com

The Arabic word islam means “surrender”—specifically, surrender to the will of the one God, called Allah in Arabic. www.britannica.com...

Islam (“the act of submitting [to God]”) www.encyclopedia.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

But see, your original "myth" wasn't that "Muslims deny the meaning of the word 'Islam'". It was that:

"Some Muslims claim that the root word of Islam is “al-Salaam,” which is “peace” in Arabic"

while the "truth" was (according to your link):
"An Arabic word only has one root. The root word for Islam is “al-Silm,” which means “submission” or “surrender.” There is no controversy about this among Islamic scholars. al-Silm (submission) does not mean the same thing as al-Salaam (peace), otherwise they would be the same word."

This is plainly false. The root word for Islam isn't "al-Silm". It is the semitic triconsonant s-l-m, which means safety. What muslims DO claim is that "Islam comes from the same root as 'Salaam', which means peace".

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The root letters are SLM in Arabic; here is the definition according to the famous lane-pool Arabic lexicon of the first definition of the root word of Islam:

I. “He was or became safe or secure; or he escaped; or he was or became free; [ from evils of any kind.”

www.tyndalearchive.com...

Later on down the root word also connotes resignation, submission and peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Zamini

Actually, I did a little research into the subject, and I'm not wrong, the guy married a 6 year old and popped her cherry when she was 9, it is just wrong on many levels.

they say he waited till she was 9 but who knows what actually happened?

did he thigh her?

www.eduqna.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte

reply to post by Zamini

Actually, I did a little research into the subject, and I'm not wrong, the guy married a 6 year old and popped her cherry when she was 9, it is just wrong on many levels.

did he thigh her?

www.eduqna.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d92ebe705e1.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The OP was wrong on all his “Myths”

I demonstrated clearly his distortions.

The other bigots on this sight who have mentalities lower than children aren’t even worth addressing. I wonder would they have the courage to insult the Prophet in front of one of those fanatics who wouldn’t take kindly to their words; I doubt they would have the courage to do that.

The religious bigots come out from their slime holes when Islam is attacked.

They are ignorant and have no knowledge.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

So lets see...you say you did research.

In context: In those days people lived as nomads, procreation was a matter of survival.

that is incorrect - before menarche no girl can get pregnant so doing it for procreation is NOT why guys want to have sex with children

and before this century people were underfed and did not understand a lot about vitamins and nutrients so menarche was delayed

I read that in the UK in Victorian era girls menarche happened at age 19 and these days it happens at age 10

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subhuti

Originally posted by megabyte

reply to post by Zamini

did he thigh her?

www.eduqna.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d92ebe705e1.gif[/atsimg]

Sounds just like the bible:

A year after his wife's death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Juda a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age. Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates

www.newadvent.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

The article covers other topics like the treatment of women, tolerance of other religions, and slave trade.
The media likes to paint Muslims are victims and oppressed but this isn't the case.
Once they come into power if you're aren't a Muslim you get second class citizenship under the Dhimmi status and have to pay a higher tax.

'The Media'

Your source isn't exactly painting the Muslims as victims & oppressed

so...i think the Outing of just which Media entities you mean.... CNN? FOX? WSJ, Wash ington Post?
the various Progressives, the various Liberals...?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yep, all good examples of apologists trying to defend their primitive and harmful religion, just like all the three "great monotheisms".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join