It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'creature' spotted in UK port.??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Mysterious 'creature' spotted in UK port.??

news.ninemsn.com.au

A mysterious object has been spotted in waters near Liverpool in England's northwest, sparking speculation it could be a shark.

The object, seen at the Albert dock in Merseyside, has raised questions about the effect England's freezing waters are having on marine biology
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The question marks in the headline are mine..

I just wonder what is happening with MSM today..
I trusted Ninemsn to atleast check what they printed..
Now I see this article..A very bad copy/paste job trying to depict a giant shark or something..
It is so obviously fake that I just have no faith left in Ninemsn anymore..

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Aye, I agree with you but I just couldn't resist this comment:

What is it?.....

rofl, not much difference between a shark and a jetski eh?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

How can it be fake when anybody can go on Google Earth and see it for themselves?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
this is a very old image , you can see the same image in google earth, the date of the image in google earth is jan 2007.
just type in the search box :Albert Dock, Liverpool, Merseyside L3, United Kingdom and you will clearly see it.

it's at least 42 feet long
, what could it be?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
what could it be?

Basking shark.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

How can it be fake when anybody can go on Google Earth and see it for themselves?

Is it just my comp showing the square around the object like it's been pasted in??
And whats with the 2007 date?
This was new news today on Ninemsn here in Australia..

They even tried to blame climate change..

Though I don't know why they think cold attracts sharks when it's actually the opposite..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Oh come on.... seriously???

This looks like a small outboard powered boat that has just given it full throttle or a jetski - definitely not an animal anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil

Aye, I agree with you but I just couldn't resist this comment:

What is it?.....

rofl, not much difference between a shark and a jetski eh?

lol, freakin big jetski..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

If you use Google Earth to view it there is no square around the object, it looks very much legitimate.

It was only news here (Liverpool) yesterday, so I assume that it hadn't been spotted until now or that Google have only just updated the Google Earth image recently.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I would say that it indeed could be a jetski as the rest of the "thing" would be the wake left in the water - so not a big jetski but a normal jetski leaving a wake behind it as it accelerates

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
if one bothers to look at google earth , the " mystery " evaporates

the object is clearly a small water craft making a turn - also the alleged " fins " are wrongly placed for any shark and disproportionatly sized [ relative to the alleged body ]

also - the latest data set for that area = jan 2007

another inconvenient fact about that area of the albert dock is that it is only 220m by 150m - and protected from the tidal mersey estury by lock gates

also it isone of the tom 20 tourist arractions in liverpoll - visited by thousands a day - there are bars / museums / cafes / shops / galleries etc all round it

a shark or any other marine creature would be spotted within a day

but hey feel free to visit google earth [ co - ordinates ] :

53°24'1.36"N , 2°59'32.21"W

and take a look

also google search " albert dock " liverpool

the " story " is utter twaddle

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer

This looks like a small outboard powered boat that has just given it full throttle or a jetski - definitely not an animal anyway.

If you crop and enlarge it does look shopped and I can't make out a jetski or boat..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

and take a look

also google search " albert dock " liverpool

the " story " is utter twaddle

That was the WHOLE point of the thread..

To show that even a respected site such as Ninemsn is resorting to this sort of crap..
A 3 year old image that seems odd..
Then citing climate change as a reason???

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
just more fear from the media to scare the population with.

if you go down to the docks tonight your sure going to get a surprise, if you go down to the docks tonight you will not believe your eyes.

stay away from the water! theres a monster in there! they are everywhere! do not go near the sea!

o.k. i have had my panic.
edit on 19-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Is it just my comp showing the square around the object like it's been pasted in??
And whats with the 2007 date?
This was new news today on Ninemsn here in Australia..

They even tried to blame climate change..

Though I don't know why they think cold attracts sharks when it's actually the opposite..

Not all sharks like the warm waters take the Great white for eg, you generally only find it in the lowerr half of Australia

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

If you crop and enlarge it does look shopped and I can't make out a jetski or boat..

That may be the case....

But I can't see an animal when I crop and enlarge it either.

I agree that this is a complete nothing story that has been plucked out of the air - but it makes me wonder (even more) why there are lots of utter crap "news" stories around at the moment and whether it is just a distraction from the real news in the world

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well, if it wasn't -10 outside and the image had been taken recently (instead of 3 years ago) - I would have gone down the road to Albert Dock with my camera.... but as I have misplaced my time machine I guess we will never be able to agree on what it really is

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Quite normal.

Probably sending out the latest batch of nicked wheels.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It doesn't look anything like the wake from a water craft OR a shark. It's probably an old pic though.. If I had to judge from the image, it looks more like a giant squid than anything else (notice the "eye" location and the larger tentacles than the others (which separates it from a giant octopus).

<<   2 >>

join