It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe that the US militarily is powerful enough to not ever have to repay its debt.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I believe that the US militarily is powerful enough to not ever have to repay its debt.

So people who are worried that we must repay our debt with interest... should reconsider. If you are the biggest and the most powerful bully in the world, who cares if someone gave you a little loan when you can beat them down.

Just wondering. you see the thing about debt is, is that you only have to pay your debt if there are some kind of legal, bigger than thou, institution which forces you to pay for it.

For instance, you go into foreclosure, the legal system will force you to lose your house.....

but if you are more powerful than the legal system itself (like the US military), who will/can and ever force you to lose your house?

Do we have a world legal judicial power which is stronger than the US military??? NO, as far as I am concerned.

whatchu guys think? Is this a crazy thought?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
oh yea it's crazy... but it's just so crazy that it's true.. I happen to agree. China, Japan whoever is not going to walk up to the Joint Chiefs of Staff and demand the United States military cease to exist until it's outstanding debts are resolved haha

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The majority of the debt the U.S. has is owned NOT by China but by the Federal Reserve, bankers and the U.S. itself. If you take away the financing for the military, then the military will erode and become obsolete as other nations' military become bigger and more technologically advanced. Think about that - that's an over 600 billion dollar budget gone. The military is NOT bigger than the legal or banking system.

"Might makes right" is not applicable when it comes to those who FUND your military.

If your theory was accurate, you would think more college students would gang up together and use to force against the banks they took money from to get out of paying their debts.
edit on 18-12-2010 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
What a very arrogant attitude. What you are saying is that Americans should just continue to grow fatter and fatter living the good life and just refuse to pay back those who have propped up their lifestyle?

America's biggest problem doesn't necessarily come from foreign owned debt, but from it's own Federal Reserve bank and other creditors. The Federal Resreve banking cartel is probably owed the most as they get to charge interest on every single dollar issued. Chew on that one for a while!

edit on 18-12-2010 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
You expressed the American policy very well, unfortunately.

Revelation 18:7
In her heart she boasts, 'I sit as queen; I am not a widow, and I will never mourn.'

The things have changed after the Cold War. US best weapon are no more the aircraft carriers loaded with nuclear tomahawks for preemptive strike. It is the UFO space triangle.

USSR/Russia best weapons are not the Satans SS18 with officially 10 real warheads and 40 dummy, unofficially half real out of 50. It is not even the laser space platform.
It is now the flying pyramid UFO ship, accompanied with the spiral-wormhole. China has it too, demonstrated twice in 2010.

Who will win?

Something more, the US elite prepares to flee thru the Grey stargates it still has available. They said it in Camelot interviews - officers and scientists working for all those secret organizations with 3 letters. To a colony in Procyon, Altair or elsewhere. So you guys who count on the current imaginable US supremacy, will be left behind on the mercy of those you ridicule now. Better educate yourselves about the real situation, and search a way out. A sincere turning to God can do miracles - i.e. you and your children might survive.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yes, its a crazy thought. A desperate one.

You cant threaten the world into accepting worthless paper once the cat is out of the bag. The only way out of that is to reset the system with a new currency. In a hyper inflating america soldiers will be selling their weapons to feed their families. Just like following the soviet unions collapse.

If you want some comfort consider that other countries don't want the dollar to collapse so there is a vested interest in everybody continuing to make the scheme work. Its all the same banks in the background anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Ya .... beat me to it ......

Second line.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

What are you talking about? Financial debt? What has this to do with the military. The US military is not as stretched as the propaganda would have you believe!. They could fight many wars to come! Long live our Allies the US! If you are talking financial well thats a different debate!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Typical american mentality... Solve everything with violence / threats of violence rather than finding more civilised solutions that dont involve murdering people ...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I really cannot even imagine the USA carrying on its cocky regime for too long.

Eventually other countries are going to get that pissed and that much more powerful whilst the US collapses that people are definitely going to have something to say.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
The majority of the debt the U.S. has is owned NOT by China but by the Federal Reserve, bankers and the U.S. itself. If you take away the financing for the military, then the military will erode and become obsolete as other nations' military become bigger and more technologically advanced. Think about that - that's an over 600 billion dollar budget gone. The military is NOT bigger than the legal or banking system.

"Might makes right" is not applicable when it comes to those who FUND your military.

If your theory was accurate, you would think more college students would gang up together and use to force against the banks they took money from to get out of paying their debts.
edit on 18-12-2010 by DevilJin because: no reason

Oh please, there are no countries in the world which does not have a form of a separate insitituions which manages our monetary policy.... The idea of this exisited before the creation of the federal reserve... Actually, all countries have their own federal reserve... as no country goes by a gold standard.....

To control the monetary policy, one has to have such thing like the Bank of the United States of America....

The Fed only exisits, so long as the United States exisits.... it is not the other way around.... We don't owe any money to the Fed, which in essence is the Bank of the United States of America..... If the USA fails and goes bankrupt,,, or dissolves into separate countries....

The federal reserve will get nothing! No money back. You see???

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

edit on 18-12-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

My point is still valid as your comment proves nothing. The military cannot exist without the financial backing of bankers.

You may want to actually READ what we owe to the FED. It seems like you are just guessing and being opinionated.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I don't know if the OP is serious or sarcastic? If it is serious then I have to agree that it is an incredibly arrogant post. The American military is not powerful it only seems that way thanks largely to Hollywood portrayal.

Yes when looking at the flash-points such as Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. they seem powerful because they rolled over the opposition, however these are countries that can't fight back, it is like saying that a bear is powerful because it managed to catch a salmon. If you take a look back at history to wars that America has fought against countries that can fight back e.g Korea, Vietnam, you will see a very different story. America lost both times.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

My point is still valid as your comment proves nothing. The military cannot exist without the financial backing of bankers.

You may want to actually READ what we owe to the FED. It seems like you are just guessing and being opinionated.

Federal Reserve is a government organization which only determines the interest rate. That is their only job. The US do not owe anything to the Federal Reserve as it is created by the government.

If the US cease to exisit, so does the Federal Reserve... nobody owes nothing....

To the other point, I know that the US military is backed by the economy of the united states. So long as the economy of the US can support the actions aboard, through taxes paid by citizens, it will function....

The US military is not backed by the banks.... but the economic output of its citizens as a whole... (so I guess bank is part of it) Remeber bank is just like any other private company which pays taxes to the US government

Who has to most money in the world????

The US government.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
what is the cost of reinstating the Bush tax cuts for those who make 250k and above.....

1 trillion dollars... a tax rate going from like 34 percent to 38 percent...????..... something minuet like that...

1 trillion dollars tax break to 2 percent of US popluation.... is equavialent to the annual GDP of countries like Mexico, Australia, Korea, or netherlands....

Actually this is kind of ridiculous how this extension came to pass and I am now sh#tting in my pants as I just realized how big this tax extension is...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura

Federal Reserve is a government organization which only determines the interest rate. That is their only job. The US do not owe anything to the Federal Reserve as it is created by the government.

If the US cease to exisit, so does the Federal Reserve... nobody owes nothing....

The Federal Reserve IS NOT a government organisation, it is a cartel of private banks. If the US collapsed, the Federal Reserv banks would still be there, only in another guise of course. The Federal Reserve banks issue the currency to the government that then has to be paid back, plus interest. Thus, there is never enough currency in circulation to pay back the principal AND the interest. It's a model built on debt and the American people must pay it back or turn to another system, telling the FED to go poke their demands where the sun don't shine!

Of course, the career politicians, being bought, are not going to defy the FED and will maintain the robbery as long as possible, even if it destroys the country they have supposedly sworn an oath to protect and govern.

edit on 18-12-2010 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm thinking this is sort of the reason why the US is trillions (some say 50 trillion+) in debt, if they didn't have a huge military, they would have to pay it back by now. But, if you look at the model of international loans, a company gets huge debt in order to give up their resources, the US has already given up its country to the corporations, lobbyists, private bankers, elitists, etc, so the US is basically like the richest third world country, there's widespread poverty, there's corruption in the government, but they also have the biggest military in the world, so it's basically more dangerous than a third world country.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

good , US should attempt might is right , and it will be destroyed in no time by Russia , also , after Russia depopulates the USA, we will take over and sell US land and resources to the highest bidders .

in return for Russian allegiance to our power , we will grant them control over Alaska.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura

To the other point, I know that the US military is backed by the economy of the united states. So long as the economy of the US can support the actions aboard, through taxes paid by citizens, it will function....

The US military is not backed by the banks.... but the economic output of its citizens as a whole... (so I guess bank is part of it) Remeber bank is just like any other private company which pays taxes to the US government

Who has to most money in the world????

The US government.

Dude you need a crash course US history and politics.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join