It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You lot should not hate the US government. But embrace it for the good of ALL!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I see a lot of threads on here abusing the US government. I do not see why. Every government round the world has its problems. Most you will not hear of because they are not the World Superpower.

I think you lot especially Americans could learn to support your Government (whether it be Bush or Obama ro whoever comes in next) and start to be a bit more patriotic.

The US government has highlighted the worlds problems and is one of only a few countries will to tackle them. they try to defend the world from the terrorists that would gladly kill and rape your wife, your children and destroy your way of life. They have actively sought to make the US a safe place (compared to a lot of place round the world). You once had the great American Dream but YOU the people ruined that with your constant need for material things and your constant whining about the system.

The US government has a few million employees and is increasing that meaning people are being employed which is a good thing. The US government has the largest military in the world, which in today's world is a great thing. Other countries are cutting their military budgets, but not the US. They wield the power and other countries listen.

The US government has had a lot of flack, but that is because they are the most popular. So the column inches in the press are better served being filled up with stuff on them rather than stuff on Tunisia or some other irrelevant country.

The people have pushed the government into a corner, instead of letting them get on with what they do, the people want to interfere in things they know nothing about.

They expect the government to come clean on everything when in reality this is dumb and dangerous. Why would you let everyone including China and Russia know exactly what you are doing and what you have hidden. MAKES NO SENSE.

So, start thinking about how working with the government may in fact keep the American Dream Alive. Without the US the western world will have to bow to Russia and China some day in the future. I DO NOT WANT that.
edit on 18-12-2010 by c0ldPhr34k because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The most patriotic thing an American can do is question their government. The country was founded on keeping the government in check and answering for what they do.

We in America are blessed enough to be able to demonstrate angrily against our government...its very core design encourages it. Every 2-4 years, a offical revolution is given opportunity to cast out those we deem unworthy and put in new ones that we will give a chance to lead...or allow the person whom was there before to go for another term if they stand with the people.

As far as airing out the greviences...that is critical. Freedom of the press, freedom to assemble, freedom of speech...these were designed with the purpose of speaking out, of hating things that do not fit the principles of the country. Embracing is not something done in a democratic republic, and never should be...things need to be fought and argued over so that all sides are heard...sometimes with contemplative discussions, sometimes with arguments and sign waving...its been going this way since the dawning of the republic, and hopefully will not end until the nation as a whole ends..

If everyone agree's with me, then nobody is thinking.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You are little more than a rambling mess.

You lot in America do not Angrily Protest!! You cower and moan. There is a difference.

I think the US government is the way forward. The US citizen has been fed to much on medicine and be rewarded for nothing.

Unfortunately you never knew what you had. Now, you complain about everything..

"oh my constitutional rights, cry cry cry".

A few people get searched at the airport and everyone moans. But if a bomb goes off you all run around like headless chicken thinking how this could happen in the states.

Wake up and start supporting your government.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wow a clear example of years of government indoctrination at work.

We are in real trouble in my honest opinion, but on the bright side the Tea Party is here and they will save us all......right? they are arn't they?

edit on 18-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by c0ldPhr34k

As an Australian I 100% agree!. Sure there is some things up with America but hey what you got to look at is the overall intention which on the whole is good! despite what types like Oozy say!. That is where people on ATS fail to see the truth & what is really happening (Note I did not call somebody ignorant or uninformed because they do not agree with me). America for all their faults is trying to do the right thing!. Get onside with the winners not loser terrorist nations like North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela, Taliban led Afghanistan, Baath party led Iraq & Iran!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I see a lot of threads on here abusing the US government. I do not see why. Every government round the world has its problems. Most you will not hear of because they are not the World Superpower.

Firstly, you might want to get your eyes checked out, I suspect you are blind.
Secondly, the US is the core of so many conspiracies precisely because it is, or was, "the World Superpower".
Thirdly, FX is correct, the Government always needs to be questioned, no one is free from scrutiny.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Quite the opposite.

Im not from the US. So no, no government indoctrination.

Plus, Im not American so im not medicated and fed on fat all day!!.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The American government has devolved into little more than a for profit pyramid scheme - where all the profits get siphoned off before the bottom line is tallied.

It's Amway masquerading as governance. Our nation is currently a heavy fisted pimp for corporate interests. A mercenary government to ensure high dividends for stockholders.

To assume otherwise is folly.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Not blind.

I am waiting for the day when nothing you lot say never comes true.

Too much time on your hands....as you said CONSPIRACY....nothing more just mindless speculation.

Like 9/11

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k

Quite the opposite.

So where did you get your information? or are you just trolling?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

As an Australian I 100% agree!. Sure there is some things up with America but hey what you got to look at is the overall intention which on the whole is good! despite what types like Oozy say!. That is where people on ATS fail to see the truth & what is really happening (Note I did not call somebody ignorant or uninformed because they do not agree with me). America for all their faults is trying to do the right thing!. Get onside with the winners not loser terrorist nations like North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela, Taliban led Afghanistan, Baath party led Iraq & Iran!

Exactly, America is trying to be the Winner.

That was always their intention.

Who wants to lose? The American people do not see it because they hardly get to know anything outside of their country.

I truly believe that America does have its faults but at least they are intent on staying in power no matter what. That is only good for its people.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I am waiting for the day when nothing you lot say never comes true.

Well you may be waiting a while, because many conspiracies have "come true". Yes...magical fairy tales manifested out of our conspiracy pixie dust...the fact is, there are conspiracies in this world, and a lot of them originate in the US. If you want to stay completely oblivious to fact such things are real, that's not my problem, but don't try to make this out to look like those who are wise and courageous enough to ask questions are the bad guys here. The bad guys here are those who are scared of people like us asking so many questions, because they do have things to hide.

Too much time on your hands....as you said CONSPIRACY....nothing more just mindless speculation.

Like 9/11

Ok...I think you've said all you need to say, I'll be off now. Later.

edit on 18-12-2010 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Quite the opposite.

So where did you get your information? or are you just trolling?

Trolling, only a weirdo who is online all day would say that.

Grow up.

These people on here use trolling like Muslims use the word Islamiphobia.

Always a word from the ignorant when someone has a proper opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

You are little more than a rambling mess.
I thought my sentences were clear and fairly devoid of any emotions..perhaps your reading is not up to par

You lot in America do not Angrily Protest!! You cower and moan. There is a difference.
I guess that is subjective..you may notice however, along with the endless demonstrations and protests several times a year for a variety of issues (gay rights, immigration, anti-war, anti-globalization, etc etc etc), we also have election results that often mirror the protests from earlier. cowering and moaning would be not saying anything, not voting, and ultimately let just the few elect.

Actually, that does happen alot..but that isn't from cowering and moaning, that is from people too busy watching reality TV than going to the booth to vote in midterms.

I think the US government is the way forward. The US citizen has been fed to much on medicine and be rewarded for nothing.
That made no sense...

Unfortunately you never knew what you had. Now, you complain about everything..
Generalize much?

"oh my constitutional rights, cry cry cry".

A few people get searched at the airport and everyone moans. But if a bomb goes off you all run around like headless chicken thinking how this could happen in the states.

Wake up and start supporting your government.

I support my government in areas they "get right". I do not support areas they get "wrong". and come election time, my voting reflects that. If my mindset has been spread enough on what is right and what is wrong, then people lose jobs and things change (somewhat)

blindly supporting a government for whatever they do is just as bad as denouncing ones government for anything they do...both are being intellectually lazy and hollow. Stand up for something, or you lay down for everything.

I do however see the airport moanfest as not something worth becoming angry over...I think alot of people just want to feel the need to fight against something..no matter how small it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

You know there was this bunch of guys that felt like there government was unfair, repressive, and out of touch with there people. At the time the government in question was a superpower they had the wealth, luxury and one of the highest standards of living.

These guys were
George Washington
Ben Franklin
Thomas Jefferson
John Adams
and a host of others that chose to criticize there government.

They are our founding fathers and I salute them for there decent.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
You have got to be #ing #ting me. I would absolutely love for you to be one of my followers. I promise I have your best intentions at heart, so there will be no need to question any of my decisions. Simply come along little lamb, it is for the greater good.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Wow a clear example of years of government indoctrination at work.

Wow, the other way to look at is you have "spoiled child" syndrome" Just because you don't see something your way it must be wrong!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
You have got to be #ing #ting me. I would absolutely love for you to be one of my followers. I promise I have your best intentions at heart, so there will be no need to question any of my decisions. Simply come along little lamb, it is for the greater good.

This is where you are wrong.

I am not from the US but my money would go a lot further in the US than in my damn country.

I would be given all sorts of benefits and breaks. I would be able to pay for anything I want.

The way it should be.

I am pro war when there is a dispute.

I am pro preemptive action

I am pro dealing with terrorists wherever they may be any way that needs to be done.

I am pro Military Defense.

I don't mind paying for freedom. What else is money for.?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Lmfao... Thats funny...
No second line laughing too hard at the absurdity...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Umm how am I wrong? If you replace me with the government in my post it is what you're advocating.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join