It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Myth about Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ooztism is another muslim who loved living in the muslim world that much that he ran away to New Zealand!No doubt another assylum seeker in 'fear' of his life!Don't tell me that your loving muslim brothers were going to kill you Oozy?The amount of assylum seekers coming to the west shows that these countries which are run by religion through and through are anything but peaceful.If they try to kill so many of their own countrymen do you really think that they won't kill other countries people given half a chance?Prevention is better than cure!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Incorrect. Martyrs do enter heaven straight away. Now I'm not sure wether only Muslims can be martyrs or non-Muslims as well. You can be a martyr in different ways, not just by fighting in a war and dying on the field. Teachers for example will be martyrs as well afaik.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

The idea of matyrdom and jihad is the post immoral and wicked teaching imaginable. These ideas make, otherwise moral people, do and say wicked things in the name of Allah.

I think we should treat this idiocy with great concern especially with the weaponisation of civlisation and the recent build-up of nuclear power.

What happens if these apoloclyptic weapons should fall into the hands of those who "do the will of Allah"?

I cannot trust anyone who tries to defend these evil evil preachings.

The metaphysical claims of the afterlife are untrue, or at minimum, are very absurd guesses or assumptions.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 18/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Where?

I study the Tanakh daily and i have never come by this 72 virgins.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Still, even without 72 virgins mentioned, the interpretation of the Qu'ran and other doctrine can make, otherwise moral people, do very evil things as they PERSONALLY think it is the "will of God"

What nonsense this is, it's about time some peope grew up.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wow...the very verses you quote to back up your lying assertions are entirely evil....and you don't seem to realize that Houris are not virgins.They are a type of djinn....
No one has ever said that the Koran promises this...It is the twisted hatemongers...
As for conversion by force..That has been the the path...Submission at swordpoint...this isn't opiion this is history.
The fiegned innocence reffering to tax...No one is saying it's 'extra'...The point is there should be No inherent right to tax non muslims...BECAUSE they're non-muslims...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Which hundred million people have been killed by which Atheists?
Documentation please?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by imperium1984
reply to post by oozyism

okay then... same rules apply.

ALL the roadside bombs in iraq and afghanistan.

Last time I checked, there was a war going on in Iraq and Afghanistan. Have you ever seen a war where everyone was happy and just let the occupant force walk around like nothing happened? I don't think so.Of course there's going to be major opposition during a war and people are going to get killed. I'm not even a muslim and I think your arguments don't make any sense. Whoever kills an american is a terrorist and when the americans kill someone it's not? Watch National Geographic's "24hr After Hiroshima" and tell me that wasn't terrorism, even the people who dropped the bomb would disagree with you.

If terrorist attacks by muslims have increased in the past 10 years, don't you think it has something to do with the afghanistan and iraq wars? I beleive it has nothing to do with religion anyways, extremist groups all have their own agendas and the leaders just brainwash desperate youth to get things done, if they actually beleived in what they preach, Bin Laden would have been the one blowing himself up. Humans are just violent and selfish beings, we just use religion as a front.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

Someone might mention Stalin or even Hitler (Roman-Catholic btw) they did not commit their deeds in the name of their lack of belief. This should be an argument against fascist right-wing ideology, not Atheism.

Religion itself, it's fascist right-wing ideology with an absolutist totalitarian dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

1- I think that I have shown you the whole verse and proved that you have taken the verse out of context

I have the correct interpretation. It's very real! Does not matter what you say it is a fact!

2- the myth about the extra tax on Non-Muslims , there is no such thing as extra tax on non muslims in Islam , in fact it is much less than the tax that is imposed on the muslims , and I know that it doesn't exist right now but it used to and even if it happens in the future.

The word here is denial. You even state "and I know that it doesn't exist right now but it used to and even if it happens in the future" you try to twist it around to some how justify these past actions!

you sir will never teach me my religion , and don't even think about it , because you just read what you want about Islam and leave the rest

"And don't take offense" I just did teach you something!

because you just read what you want about Islam and leave the rest

Maybe this one should be added to the OP list!. Sorry make that to all religions not just Islam as they all do it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

But beating your wives and kids and molesting and raping them, then killing them and marrying a 10 year old is not a myth?

Go away islam YUCK

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

thanks! s&f. this is really interesting. gonna forward it. although the fact that the koran does not say any of that stuff, yet they keep on killing as if they're commanded to and are going to get virgins in heaven makes terrorism even more disturbing, lol. so it turns out they're just nut cases...... cool....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by oozyism

Where?

I study the Tanakh daily and i have never come by this 72 virgins.

Good, surely it isn't true. It doesn't even make sense. Why be rewarded with virgins when you don't even have a physical body? Is the sex act the highest reward you can imagine? It would be a very small and frustrated mind that came up with that one. lol.

Also, This question has always bugged me. If the men are rewarded with the "virgins"....what are the virgins reward? Or maybe since they are a "gift" to jihadist, this would be the virgins hell; their punishment to have to have sex with these men. Provided they have a physical body. Which I don't think is the case. Yuck. Sounds hellish to me in any event.

I wonder too, does part of the fantasy include the virgins actually desire them, or do they ravish them against their will?
Just wondering. Don't consider you an expert, just wondering if anyone has an understanding of this. I've always found the idea of it confusing.
edit on 12/18/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Thanks for the post mate, i was beginning to think that Ats was becoming an Anti Muslim site.

Sadly ATS has always been like this.

The Anti-Muslim threads are ever present.

There is always some sensationalistic thread about Muslims.... always.
And all the Anti-Muslim folks will be in them telling stories and just feeding off each other and it gets worse and worse.

Oh well.

At least Christians and Jews get grief on this site too.... as do Atheists.

Although Muslims certainly receive the lion's share.

Just as in the "Real" world.

You can thank the MSM for that.... and far-right and anti-Islamic groups spreading fear and hatred.
edit on 18/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
and far-right and anti-Islamic groups spreading fear and hatred.
edit on 18/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

I see from your Avatar that you are a Communist. Id like to take this opportunity to ask you: Do Communists generally hold the view that its not the suicide-bombers spreading fear and hatred but their American critics?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You say Muslims don't condone killing infidels! They do condone legally killing other Muslims by stoning them to death, or beheading them... They are barbaric, hypocritical self righteous morons, who are not kidding anyone! Go back to your' Koran, and read up on the virtues of human compassion! You don't have a moral right to preach to anyone, especially when you don't practise what you preach!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Islam just like anything humans do has good and bad in it.

Only the hysterical, ignorant, and bigoted kinds attempt to paint all Muslims with the same brush because there are an infinitesimal group that calls itself Muslims that do terrorism.

Beyond that it is just another exoteric religion that has its roots in pre-modern times just as Christianity, Judaism, and many other religions do.

The pre-modern aspect of it will cause problems because of modernity.

Any creed that began over a thousand years ago will have many of its adherents conflicted regarding modern changes; therefore Islam is having difficulty coming into the modern age. Pre-modern Christianity and Judaism are having the same problems, as well as Hinduism [the oldest religion] and Buddhism.

The modern political issues faced by many Muslim countries converges with this religious issue therefore we have the specter of the inflammation and radicalization of some parts of Islam.

But Islam has been here for over 1400 years and has produced many thriving healthily functioning societies in the world and it will be here in the future.

In-fact the vast majority of Muslim lands are getting along just fine, outside of the 911 inspired problems.
Is it a coincidence that the only Muslim countries that are involved in these issues have oil or are involved in a conflict with Israel?

There are about 45 Muslim countries were the problems they face are mainly because of European colonialism of the past, beyond that they are getting along just fine. Also, many of them have defeated and dealt with their own inner Islamic radical problems, in Algeria for instance.

The west has shaken off its religion, Christianity mainly, or have gone to a total secular civilization. Time will tell what that will produce, but the way the PTB are controlling the western experience, I don’t have much confidence that western civilization will succeed.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What the f..k are you talking about! If you Muslims hate the West so much, then why do all your Saudi Princes drive around in big Jaguars and Porsches, illicitly Drink like fish, Ship in Foreign Prostitutes for Private Parties, employ Slaves from Taiwan/ China to look after your Kids! Send them to the Best International Universities! And then, just moan about Israel? You don't set a good precedent for other Muslims to follow!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Culdeeson

Their own countries are halted by theocratic nonsense, theocracy that governs their own states. That opresses the rights of women, which stil envokes ancient capital punishment such as stoning, all in adherence with "Allah"

They wish to come to our secular countries and remove our rights with Sharia law.

When sattire and cartoons are being censored regarding the "prophet" Muhammed we should fight back in the name of free speech and freedom of expression.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Their own countries are halted by theocratic nonsense, theocracy that governs their own states. That opresses the rights of women, which stil envokes ancient capital punishment such as stoning, all in adherence with "Allah"

They wish to come to our secular countries and remove our rights with Sharia law.

When sattire and cartoons are being censored regarding the "prophet" Muhammed we should fight back in the name of free speech and freedom of expression.

double post, sorry!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join