It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama and His Wife Not Invited to the Royal Wedding. (Snub?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
www.thebluntblogger.com...

Royal sources revealed yesterday that President Obama and his wife Michelle will not be invited to the royal wedding on 29th April next year…..

The reason that the President and his wife will not be among the congregation between Prince William and Kate Middleton is because the wedding is not classed as a ‘state occasion’, owing to the fact that the Prince is not yet heir to the British throne….

It has also been suggested that the young couple are more eager to invite ‘ordinary citizens’ and charity workers than foreign dignitaries and VIP’s, to what is being classed as the ‘peoples wedding’.

But despite President Obama and his wife Michelle not being invited to the royal wedding it is expected that a number of heads of state are likely to attend the ceremony which will help to fill the 2,000 seats at Westminster Abbey….

The UK Daily Mail also reported this, with the heading: Snub for Obamas as Royal sources reveal they will not be invited to Prince William's wedding
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I don't know if that's just the Daily Mail tabloid press angle on this - but it's an interesting development imo.
After recent reports that at the G20 in China, Obama was shunned and mocked...I wonder, is Obama/US being isolated?

edit on 17-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well well well, I´m liking this Obama fellow more and more! (british) Royals are disgusting

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Considering the history, is it even approprate for a president of the US to attend a british royalty wedding?

Historically have POTUS's attended royal british weddings/funerals? I think that these things tend to be a national pride/British affair that are..well, for Britons fairly exclusively...I could be off here.

But, why would the states be invited into basically a family affair

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I dont think they were snubbed.

I think it's simply a day where they are getting married and could care less about people they dont think about. It's their day, for friends and family

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Plus I would imagine the the "Entourage of the Presidents Security" might be a little too much for a quiet family affair type wedding ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why would a young couple getting married invite a perfect stranger to their wedding?

I do not understand why this is being made into a issue.

I suppose they are going to snub me, if I do not receive a invitation too?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have no real opinion on the matter as i couldn't care less about the wedding or who is or isn't there - BUT didn't Obama snub the Prime minister a few times last year?

Not that it matters.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Pay-back for the Winston Churchill bust return? I do hope so.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I think it's obvious. They don't want any black people there.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If the Obama's attended the wedding the focus would be taken off the couple. Another reason would be the need to increase security 10 fold. Its the day for the couple - I don't look at this as a snub.

I wouldn't invite them to my wedding - would you?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't want Obama and his 3 ring circus at my wedding either. He would just distract from a special day.

As a side note: Obama has done his share of snubbing since he took office. Remember the Ipod to the Queen? and the cold reception at the white house? The removal of Winston Churchill's bust from the Oval Office? etc.

Actually, based on the I Pod gift they probably dissed him due to his gift giving skills. I understand that Obama was set to present the royal couple with 24x36 oil painting of himself

edit on 17-12-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Yeah, they're snubbing me, too! Prudes!

Actually, it looks more like Obama may not want to barge in and take the focus off the young couple.

www.cbsnews.com...

I think what's interesting is that they don't really think that the president may want to attend, because of all the extra security: helicopters flying above, things like that. That may be a little bit more intrusive (than the Royal Family wants), I think."

As Examiner.com previously reported President Barack Obama is not likely to attend the royal wedding due to security reasons. First Lady Michelle Obama, however, will likely be at Westminster Abbey to see the couple second in line to the thrown tie the knot.

www.examiner.com...
edit on 12/17/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just looks like Prince and Kate have bad manners. I hope someone will send them an etiquette book as a wedding gift.

And I bet Lady Michelle will outclass them by sending a token wedding gift anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You forgot the gift Obama gave to Gordon Brown, the CDs that can't even be played on European CD players. Now thats class!

www.dailymail.co.uk... -Oz.html

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Didnt know race was involved....

How is it obvious???

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
its been characterized as a 'peoples wedding'...iow, No elites allowed

i doubt the Royal wedding on my birthday will compare to the event of man walking on the Moon
only hours after my 1st wedding ceremony back in '69

well wishing to the couple

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You know, I wasn't invited either! Should I consider that a snub?

As they say, it's not a "state affair" and as such there is no protocol to invite specific luminaries to the event. I bet 50 cent wasn't invited either, wondering if he now has a beef with the royals.

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, given the whole situation, why on earth would they want to invite Obama to their wedding.. but then again why would he want to attend, its not as tho we are friendly nations or allies.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
the commonwealth already has enough staff to hand out the horderves

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by wcitizen

Well, you will see how wrong that foolish assumption is when it happens. There will be many black people there. That is a fact.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join