It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short Review of the Substance (Legal at Time of Writing) Sold as “Space”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
As some of you may know, and many perhaps don’t, there are “marijuana look-alikes” being sold on the markets of many of the fifty United States of America, which are, I believe, man-made molecules matching some of the many components, other than THC, in marijuana which have psycho-interactive properties. These are applied to (presumably) innocuous smokables and sold as “potpourri” with dire warnings about inhaling. “Space” is one of a number available where I live.

Well, given that it’s legal where I live, I tried it.

Now I will never say I have tried marijuana, but if I was one to say I had tried it, I would compare the two thusly: whereas Space is like a cheap, empty-calorie-and-chemical-laden dessert, marijuana is like a full course, elegant meal – with a tasty tidbit for dessert to end on a delightful note.

Interestingly, marijuana has been proven safe to smoke. Space and its kindred have no such guarantee. All kinds of evil stuff could presumably be put into it, and formulas changed at the drop of a pencil… I dunno. My behavior was not insane, and I enjoyed the shift in perspective. Still… What? A healing element might seem to be missing?

I’m just imagining.

Anyway, I think I would be more inclined to trust the product in a pot deal than what is in these “potpourris” which abound. That being said, I also think that caveat emptor should rule the day as far as sales go. Leave them legal and buyer beware. Open review of content and process should be part of the agreement, of course, but I don’t think that in a land we now pathetically call “free,” we should deny either the use or the information about expected results using what is offered.

I’m not a child. Please don’t pass laws that treat me as one, as if I am unable to assess for myself.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hiya, You actually made me want to create a ATS account for this topic

Ya, I'm very familiar with fake "pot", or JWH products. Depending on what JWH (18, 250, etc) they use it will effect the "strength" of the product.

Typically you have 3 levels of quality (and all kinds inbetween):
Fish Food (K2, etc)
Regs (Smoke Magic, Funky Green Stuff, etc)
Primos (Spice Diamond, Jah Rush Ultra)

You got all natties, and non-natties.... etc etc. What brands have you tired?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
JWH'n it, huh? Go low your first time. Wait like 30 minutes til you smoke another bowl/joint, cause you might end up a little too high. edit: lol, not trying to be fear inducing here, it's just the stuff is potent. Not like it's going to hurt you if you smoke too much, I don't think. Some of my friends who hadn't smoke the real herb in a while got uncomfortable and paranoid when they smoked whatever the JWH blend they had was. If you don't like weed you probably won't like this stuff.
edit on 17-12-2010 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Another thing to be aware of is tolerance.
JWH blends cause high tolerance, but it's a tolerance to the "brand"/"flavor".

Ex: You buy Spice Diamond x 2 and you get double strawberry... by the end of the 1st 3g bag you'll be experiencing a bit of a tolerance to Spice Diamond.. that would be a good time to switch up to a diff blend.

I suggest rotating every 1-2 weeks, depending on the return you're getting per bowl. Ya know?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The DEA put a maximum one year ban on these products back in November to conduct testing. If it hasn't already gone into effect, it will soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's for anyone who wants to pass a drug test..at least for now.

Popular customers...Based on knowing them:
Police, and Fire Departments.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
JWH-018 Toxicity Results
Enjoy! Then again: "AMG JWH-18 WTFHAX BANN IT!" ... 3 days later: "New!: JWH-19" etc...

There's already a ton of jwh and other compounds that mimic THC and CBD. It's not a well rounded experience like Mary, but it gets the job done. I enjoy mixing synth with corn/regs, really enhances the product.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by igigi

You got all natties, and non-natties.... etc etc. What brands have you tired?

Space, Endonesia (local), Mr. Nice Guy, King Krypto, and a couple of others I don't know the name of.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Anyone read the Federal Register's enactment of the ban?
The person who has authority to enact the ban, delegated it to someone else.
Then that person delegated the authority to another person.
That third person enacted the ban.
None of these people were named, and they were no doubt unelected.
1500 calls were placed to the poison control center nationwide. No deaths were cited.
All of this is completely official. Just type in JWH-018 in the Federal register to find it.
My guess is those 1500 calls were just people tripping and flipping out because their
heart started to beat a little faster.
I smoked quite a bit of the stuff. The only negative effect is your heart will beat a little faster.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

AM-HI-CO - Lots of buy one get one, direct source to a GREAT vendor. Get some of the GOOD ONES before Dec 25th, 2010!!
The Galaxy Lounge Forum - Good community w/ great reviews.

Ya, synthetics tend to up your breathing/heart-rate; and it's really easy to get "way too high"... but once you get used to it it's a really good cut/mix for ditch quality "product"
edit on 20-12-2010 by igigi because: Off-site links..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
News flash ... just in case you didn't know .. these 'fake?' drugs can kill better smoke some real drugs instead of these chemical packed s**ts

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
News flash ... just in case you didn't know .. these 'fake?' drugs can kill better smoke some real drugs instead of these chemical packed s**ts

Refer to my Toxicology link ^up there^ and here's ANOTHER!
Another JWH-18 Toxicology report.
PDF format for all results. - PDFs in zip.

CYP450 Inhibition Assay Results: JWH-018 will probably interact with the metabolism of other drugs, so more in vivo work is necessary.
hERG Binding Assay Results: JWH-018 does not interfere with these channels. That’s a good thing.
Cytotoxicity Assay Results: JWH-018 is not cytotoxic at low concentrations.
GreenScreen HC Genotoxicity Assay Results: JWH-018 does not damage DNA, so shouldn’t give you cancer.
Rat Repeat Toxicity Assay Results: According to FDA guidelines, the human equivalent dose is 0.016 mg/kg but it should be tested in other species before this can be seen as reliable!
Rat Pharmacokinetics Results: JWH-018 is distributed well throughout the rat’s tissues. Metabolism and excretion are normal, with a plasma half-life of approximately 2 hours.

So, I say to YOU: who has died? The burden of proof is on BOTH parties, you can't just spout out "THIS SHT KILLZ U!". Where's YOUR proof? Studies show it's a'ight. Not great... but a'ight.

EDIT: Find me ONE article online that says an indiviual died from ingesting JWH-18. I got tired of parsing through the pages and search combinations and "JWH-18 death" in Google News yields NOTHING.
edit on 20-12-2010 by igigi because: nt.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by igigi

I agree that there is a lot of yada yada about the "evils" of this substance - however, there is no supporting evidence. Reminds me of the "test" they did that allowed them to say '___' damaged chromasomes. They dropped some blood particulate into pure '___' (a mild acid) and noted "some" chromasomal damage. Do the same test with aspirin instead of '___' and chromasomal damage is rampant!

Expect more BS from these detractors, these anti-freedom idiots.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Since I consider the natural receptors to be a fine and delicate balance, I do consider this imposter to be less than desirable. Why mess with a good thing? That this chemical creates a cheap buzz and builds a tolerance is more than enough to deter me from experimenting. While many law abiding types might enjoy being 'high' while performing their duties, within the law, this cheapens the beauty of the real thing. It paints another target on what is good, and natural.

If ever my heart rate changed from the natural herb, I'd let so and so know about it, and demand a refund.
edit on 20-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

The appeal is that it is... at the moment, semi-legal
and available. The average person wouldn't know how or where to buy herb in the first place... but if you go to a head shop: AHH there they are.

Most of them are cheap knock offs. 30-45 buzz. mids will get you 45-1 hour.. My experiences with am-hi-co are all very close to REAL and very QUALITY product. Don't smoke fish food, do your research!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
Since I consider the natural receptors to be a fine and delicate balance, I do consider this imposter to be less than desirable. Why mess with a good thing? That this chemical creates a cheap buzz and builds a tolerance is more than enough to deter me from experimenting. While many law abiding types might enjoy being 'high' while performing their duties, within the law, this cheapens the beauty of the real thing. It paints another target on what is good, and natural.

If ever my heart rate changed from the natural herb, I'd let so and so know about it, and demand a refund.
edit on 20-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

As you may note... My assessment is prety much the same as you state here: Pseudo-pot = Twinkies, Marijuana (I might presume) = wholesome, elegant meal.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I feel as if I should re-assert that there is a definate difference between the stuff you get at your local head shop, and something that is made with a little more research and care.

Although I will concede this: it's not as well rounded as Mary. It does feel a bit lacking, but that's because you would need hundreds of CBD/THC clones to make the well rounded / all-receptor attaching drug.
^that's why I mix it with ditch product (hundred an O-so-not-dro) as a cut.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

nice original post, i'd also like to add that while marijuana is under prohibition in the united states that means that virtually all marijuana for purchase on the 'street' was grown either out of country, or grown in some person's closet/hidden in a shady apartment.. thus, without any regulations or safety codes there is no garantee that poisonous or unsafe fertilizers or chemicals were added.

i think this is similiar to tobacco.. i think naturally human lungs don't enjoy breathing smoke, however i think there is enough evidence to conclude that there is a HUGE difference between smoking organic tobacco and smoking a cigarette from your local gas station, the difference being that the cigarette has many chemicals and whatnot added to it.. on that note, i agree that marijuana has surpassed all 'myth' and provided enough evidence to prove it is not 'unsafe' - however, so long as it is under prohibition there will likely be marijuana on the street that might compare to mass produced cigarettes, if it were legal and regulated and subject to law of course that would be one of the many problems solved

again, nice thread, as well as some other threads you have posted that i have been reading, glad you are at ats

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

- however, so long as it is under prohibition there will likely be marijuana on the street that might compare to mass produced cigarettes, if it were legal and regulated and subject to law of course that would be one of the many problems solved

Well... Since mass produced cigs are so dam' evil, despite "regulation," and since the sellers of pot are interested in keeping their client base (and therefore motivated to offer good product), I trust the street pot far more than anything "regulated."

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They have all kinds of substitutes now. There is this one that is really popular in the south. It is a man made substitute for coc aine. It is really cheap they make it out of cold medicines and whatever else they can get their hands on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join