It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Situation one: Aliens attack

Situation two: Aliens say hello and leave

Situation three: Aliens move in to help us

Would you trust them in any of these three situations?
If any of the three happen humanity will be divided with the alien supporters, and the alien dislikers (don't wanna say haters).

Which side would you most likely take?

For me all three I'd say disliker, or more just dont trust them.
No alien should have any say in any earth matters ever.

Situation 1: Alien Killing Spree (they attack it's war)
Situation 2: I'd prepare in the event of a situation 1, and be afraid of what deals certain governments, and people would make with them.
Situation 3: Same as the above, only would want them off our planet. If they wanna help, do it from afar.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Situation 5: Intergalactic beer run. They turn out to be teenagers who aren't of age on their homeworld yet.

What? Beer is a good reason to cross the vastness of space!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You forgot the option of
Aliens have been here since before us...
Day 1 of Humans...
We are the ant farm...
and they are outside the looking glass...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Obviously if they attack I'm going to be a huge "disliker" of them. But if they come forward with a benevolent attitude I'll be willing to listen. However, I believe their is an Alien presence on and around Earth right now and has been for years, my first and foremost question would be why the hell have you been trying to sneak around without making your presence publicly known for so long?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
if they wanted to take over...they would have long ago

??

i would hope they would help

intergalactic pit stop...doubt it

be good

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

it's safe to assume if they travelled this far they have the means to zap us before they even get close enough to be seen. so if they attack we are dead. still if aliens want us dead their best bet is to just leave us on our own really.

i wouldnt blame them, it gets pretty boring on this side of the milky way.
it would be a case of "what did we do now?"
or maybe they just want to play hide and seek

sure, let them try. after 6k years of "documented" history i would say by now pretty much anyone is allowed to try and sort out this mess.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
if they wanted to take over...they would have long ago

Or maybe they already have once before and got their butts kicked and now they're being a lot more careful/sneaky about it this time?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

You mean kind of like The Russians?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by The GUT

You mean kind of like The Russians?

Ha...Yeah that's a somewhat fair analogy. Funny you should mention that because I've just recently reconsidered the intelligence we were given about that years ago. I didn't give it much credence then, but now...hmmm.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sheesh, so many people believe that humans are center of the universe. Just for two seconds let your selfishness away, I am sure you will be amazed. The Russians are secretly a super galactic power, otherwise they mostly crumbled after 1991 and resemble now a feudal society more than a democratic one. How could someone expect to be contacted when we consider ourselves superior than God ( sometimes) ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

For me all three I'd say disliker, or more just dont trust them.
No alien should have any say in any earth matters ever.

Of course they should have a say in earth matters, esp when most governments are corrupt and power and money hungry. They might be able to see where we as a race are leading, and you think they should still leave us to do our own thing?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Situation 1: We're pretty much dead, anyhow, so it doesn't matter.
Situation 2: Governments around the world would come up with some stories about it being a giant prank or gas from Venus or some other ridiculous tripe that most people would nonetheless buy.
Situation 3: I would be skeptical of their motivations but ultimately intrigued.

Were I an alien race and observed humanity for a while, I would help us not kill ourselves and give us technology. I would do this because human ingenuity and inventiveness is amazing, and I would be like, "Imagine what these creatures would do were we to give them X and Y, provided that we made sure they don't murder everybody. I'll bet they could come up with some truly amazing things that we could really use."

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
yeah if they travelled 20 mil light years to get here, fighting them would be suicidal for earth.
I'd get them to hit the bong and chill out (or they might have some intergalactic super chronic from planet XpenJubi) , then earth would have some alien homies to chill with, and i guess they could give us technology to travel the universe.

I wouldnt be suprised if our government was already talking to and getting ideas from aliens

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

(You will never know because one morning you will just wake up dead)

So there is nothing to worry about there.

Would I trust them???????????

Well I sure as hell do not trust who is in charge now so how is it going to be any different??????????????????

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Well I would hope that by the time we contact an alien species, that the far sighted of us, and the loving , caring, compassionate amongst us, would be all thats left, after a battle that sees every xenophobe, fearmonger, and gutless mewling wimp fascist on the earth, shot and burned to death.
That way we could welcome our cosmic friends, with the full knowlege that there wouldnt be any swastika waving , or mindless dolts screaming "not in my backyard", with the smell of fear oozing from thier every sweat gland.
I really think that some people give us believers too little credit, for not just our capacity for thought and understanding of science, but also our resolve, strength, and force of will. Myself, I know that my mother and father, and by association, me and my sister, are products of a war that happened decades before my birth. That war happened because of baseless, absolutely baseless hate and fear, which turned to violence, depravity and the murder of countless hundreds of thousands of people, and the deaths of huge sums of men and women from all over the world. All that caused by the fear, and inadequacy of a few pathetic spineless , lesser examples of our species.
Showing that face, to the first intelligent beings other than humanity , that we come across, would be a gross miscalculation on our part, and would show us to be weak, fearful, timid, mistrustful , and easily spooked. By looking without fear into the face of the unknown, that which is unknown becomes understood. It has always been thus, from the time of the great migrations which lead to the human race populating the world from the africas, till now and our ever increasing expansion into our near space. It will be the same no doubt, with our first contact with another intelligence,regardless of the intent of the visiting species. If they wish war, we are more than capable to that task, but if they wish peace, which is all the harder for the trust involved, then we must face them with the best amongst us. Not the weakest of mind, and the least of spirit amongst us. Those who instantly mistrust, those who keep all things of which they understand little, at a distance, lest they some how become infected by the strange and the wonderful things that they despise , these fools we must either remove from our world by force, or remove from public by some means... but we must never EVER show that face to a visitor from another world, and I hope that by the time we get to that place in time those gutless examples of walking genetic waste who fear, will be dead to a man , and nought but dust in the wind of change.

top topics

join