It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 58
<< 55  56  57   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Same here, I think it is a common sense for people to know what to wear that fit their environment/workplace.

@ OP - Well, this is a free country...people can do what they please ..... just beware of consequences.
remember sometimes our primal instinct will dictate our actions

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I love my member but I dont complain when they tell me to wear less tight short shorts.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Didn't read most of the responses but I think this pic is appropriate here...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32ed5283f941.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 25-7-2011 by blackrain17 because: IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Here's how I feel.

I'm a man. And unless I'm at a strip club or a bar, I'm not there to watch women. I don't want to be in that situation, and showing off cleavage puts me in an odd situation. Especially, if you lean over my desk and try to talk to me. Knowing full well that your breasts are at some point nearly about to disembark from your clothes. No this isn't sexist.

As much I completely enjoy the view of a female body, a laboratory isn't the place I want to view it. And I totally have had this happen. It's much harder to be honorable and not sexist when the only difference between paying for a lap dance at a strip club and doing work is a few feet and slightly more clothing.

Yes, I am suggesting (if it hasn't been covered) that this might actually be offensive to some men. I'm not much for blaming a "victim" of "sexual harassment" But.. at a certain point there has to be a realization that by acting and dressing a certain way you will invite unwanted attention.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

That's some business strategy you got there....ultilize the most out of female employee....I cannot agree more.
A star for ya.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I agree! Even my t-shirts seem to all have pockets - no clue what I should carry in some tiny chest pocket. Do men even carry things in their shirt pockets??
Maybe I should take up smoking - is that what shirt pockets are for?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Pretty simple this one, I'm unsure as to why some people find this difficult to comprehend; your at work to work, not to "show off your assets"...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I like women and their girly parts. But as a person that has been in a position of leadership, the workplace is not a place to show your girly parts. Guys are going to look. Not only is that inappropriate in the workplace, it is a distraction.

Men are men and they will also talk about it to each other. "Dude, did you see HotBakedTater's hoo hahs today??" What if you didn't really feel like showing off that day, but the only shirt you had clean was a man magnet? Perhaps you don't feel like being ogled either because of...girl stuff...and now I have an HR nightmare.

Now I certainly don't agree that women should get lower pay because of it. That's just ridiculous and sexist.

/TOA
edit on 26-7-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It is the same thing or pattern I often see at Church among alot of women...what are they wearing. How does it affect me. The competition.

Church is not a fashion show. It is nice to dress well but we are at church for the brethren and for Glory and Praise to God..not for a fashion show for one's ego purposes.

Work also is not a fashion show/ego purposes. It is for work first and foremost.

Orangetom

top topics

<< 55  56  57   >>

join