It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Paranormal ''Researchers''

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What I'm about to write may seem tongue-in-cheek but it's no laughing matter.

I was always interested in the unexplained. I joined a group of researchers, if you can call it that. It was interesting for a while until I noticed slight discriminatory undertones in the whole structure of the group. Towards women, I mean. Yes, you undoubtedly are rolling your eyes right now. But the whole issue became serious and involved various tactics meant to show women ''this stuff isn't for them.'' It's sad, because this is supposed to be an area where we investigate stuff together.

It's a travesty so many ''researchers'' never stopped being adolescent brats.

I wonder if there are any women on ATS who've experienced something similar.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aboveandbeyond

Not at all, in fact Id say the spooky world has traditionally been the dominated by women, when you consider mediums and psychics etc

If you are referring to paranormal shows? well most of them are simply men wanting their five minutes and not actual researchers.
That all said, I do what i want, why would I care if a man thought I cant research a ghost?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am a bloke and have seen a lot of problems in the way the pseudo sciences are approached. The evidence is overwhelming that something is going on, but as for the actual answers and what it means it can turn into a real mud fight. Some of the future applications do appear quite powerful and could be a bit much for those with big egos. Keep punchin and good luck.

new topics

join