It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Greece Goes On Strike and Rioting Against International Monitary Fund!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
FINALLY.

These guys, and this commentator are DEAD on.

They barely touch upon the IMF problem, but they show the people with large signs against the IMF.

What do you think, has the Euro already failed?

Will it fail before the Dollar?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This shows what people can do short of violent revolution. This national strike has paralyzed Greece. Similar actions would work in the US and elsewhere. We just need to unite and do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't believe violence is ever the answer. People shouldn't become cave men to get a point across, since when did we humans exert force on other humans, to get through to them? Anyone ever heard of talking? Diplomacy?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Violence is right now the only choice, otherwise the politicians are ignoring you. In Europe the people finally stand up against the tyranny, the bank clans, the corporations and idiot Governments. Hungary liberated itself on the very same way in 2010 (It was a four year long fight). Since that time no IMF, no idiot Government, lower taxes, happy people, better internal security, better education, better payments, better jobs, etc, etc... Now U.K., France, Greece, Spain, Belgium and few other country will go through the very same transformation and Europe will be a very happy place.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
French,Greeks,England ,Italy
This is spreading so fast !

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
French,Greeks,England ,Italy
This is spreading so fast !

and Ireland, Spain, Germany, too.

Yes, it's spreading, despite the low key reporting by the MSM. The good thing too is that there is a lot of focus on the banks - which is IMO where the focus must stay. That's the heart of the matter.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
reply to post by leira7

Violence is right now the only choice, otherwise the politicians are ignoring you. In Europe the people finally stand up against the tyranny, the bank clans, the corporations and idiot Governments. Hungary liberated itself on the very same way in 2010 (It was a four year long fight). Since that time no IMF, no idiot Government, lower taxes, happy people, better internal security, better education, better payments, better jobs, etc, etc... Now U.K., France, Greece, Spain, Belgium and few other country will go through the very same transformation and Europe will be a very happy place.

Bravo. Can you fill me in on what Hungarians did to get the IMF out? Would love to know more.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just registered to post this

Morten Messerschmidt, the blond guy, who comments in the end, is from Dansk Folkeparti - roughly translated: "danish peoples party", a right wing (europe-wise) conservative group who are really really opposed to foreigners coming to Denmark (and Europe), seen by many in Denmark as a racist party, that tries to keep it mainstream.

He was seen some years ago, on Hitlers birthday, singing 'Das Lied Der Deutschen' and shouting "heil!" with the full arm gesture and everything. This was in Tivoli, an amusement park in Copenhagen, a public place.
A newspaper printed an article about the heil'ing, and Morten Messerschmidt filed a lawsuit against the newspaper.
He later pulled back the lawsuit, because the newspaper printed that it had several witnesses willing to testify.

Link: politiken.dk...
Google Translation: Here

He was sent to the European Commission as they do with young cocky politicians in Denmark, who speak too loudly.

What he means by 'unharmonic groups' is Turkey, and some eastern eorope countries. You know. People who aren't "real europeans" as he sees it, descendants of arabic and eurasian people.

Just wanted to give a *heads up, racist propagandist* alert.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I don't believe violence is ever the answer. People shouldn't become cave men to get a point across, since when did we humans exert force on other humans, to get through to them? Anyone ever heard of talking? Diplomacy?

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but we came from cavemen.

While I fully agree that violence rarely solves anything, there are times when it can be expected, and times when it is certainly justified.

Politicians (especially in the UK) keep saying "violence is NEVER justified", but we can all think of times in our history when we have to say it is ENTIRELY justified.

Wouldn't we all agree that fighting back against the Nazi's was a good thing? That involved a lot of violence. I don't see people saying that was unacceptable. If the Jews in the ghetto had had the energy and impulse to riot in the streets perhaps we wouldn't have seen so many deaths.
The French resistance used violence and yet we supported them and admire them still. But according to our governments violence is never acceptable.

Politicians around the world have shown that peaceful protest means nothing to them. It doesn't matter how much the people protest, it does absolutely nothing.
And while I loathe to compare the events of global war to a riot, the fact is that Human emotion cannot be overridden by polite opinion, and the same applies in both scenarios.

We see several instances where violence and force have been proven to work and get results. Governments have been forced to step aside and new leadership elected after violent protest.

I am not suggesting it is a good idea, I am simply suggesting that as long as governments around the world ignore the people unless they are under physical threat, they will always see violence on their streets in protest of their actions. Unless governments truly allow the voice and opinion of the people to lead government actions, there will always be people who will demand that physical action be taken.

I'd also suggest that no matter how much we like to think of ourselves as evolved and politically correct, we have EMOTIONS.
If I see something that I think is unjust or disgraceful it makes me angry.

I find it strange that politicians think they can somehow override Human emotion by saying an action born of that emotion is not acceptable.

It might not be acceptable politically, legally or socially, but violence exists as a result of anger, and to deny its presence displays either nativity or ignorance.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I'm sure you were trying to be "SARCASTIC" because you sure as hell couldn't have been serious!!!! your lets all get along suggestion has gotten the people of the world exactly where they are. SCREWED at every opportunity by the corruption that rules our financial industries and political mouth pieces they have bought!!

I am generally an extremely peaceful type of person, but when you have nothing left to take you have nothing to lose!!

The time for "ROME" to fall again maybe here, and if it takes a few bruises and scratches ....

new topics

top topics

join