It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Officers Critical After Stab Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Two Officers Critical After Stab Attack

news.sky.com

A police officer and a community support officer have been rushed to hospital after being stabbed in Ealing, west London.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the community support officer is believed to have suffered non-life threatening injuries however the Pc was seriously wounded.

Sky's Mark White, reporting from Ealing, said it is believed the police officer was slashed across the throat.

At least ten police cars have blocked off Uxbridge Road and major road diversions are in place.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just shows it only takes a moment to be on the wrong end of a knife, even when you are a police officer who will be more equipped to deal with this than the average joe.

Hopefully the officer will make a full recovery.

Only a few days ago the Conservatives here decided to drop an election pledge that knife offenders should expect to go to prison, hopefully that will not be the case with this incident.

I hope the suspect gets the book thrown at him.

I would love to add this thread to the post by a recent member that stated that the police do not have a dangerous job.

Go try it for a while.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Additional source from the BBC...

Two police officers have been stabbed in Ealing, west London, while carrying out checks on bus tickets.

A Pc has been slashed in the neck and his injuries are said to be life-threatening. A PCSO was knifed in the arms and left seriously injured.

Police said the officers were stabbed in the Ealing Broadway area at about 1505 GMT.

London Ambulance Service has been taking casualties to hospital. A 30-year-old man has been arrested.

A BBC journalist who witnessed the incident said a large group of PCSOs and police were checking whether people had tickets at a bus stop.

Source: Two police officers stabbed in Ealing, west London

I didn't realise our police had taken on additional duties as ticket inspectors?

Isn't that what the bus driver is for? Maybe they've had trouble there, i don't know.

I know on our local rail station they sometimes have the British Transport Police checking tickets, but they are more there for support whilst the rail inspectors do it.

CX.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My thoughts are with the injured officers and their families, I hope they make a full recovery

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Why does there have to be a special "knife offender" category? Stabbing or assaulting another human being let alone a cop isn't enough for first degree assault or even attempted murder charges?

I can run around London stabbing people and assaulting people and just a slap on the wrist?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was reading peoples comments on the bottom of the Sky news page.

Why is it everyone seems to blame immigrants for every crime that takes place in UK?

So many racists living in UK it's unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It just goes to show you.... even if you ban guns, you are not always safe. If someone wants to do you harm, they will find ways to do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
I was reading peoples comments on the bottom of the Sky news page.

Why is it everyone seems to blame immigrants for every crime that takes place in UK?

So many racists living in UK it's unbelievable.

It isn't racism to point out that knifings are a predominantly immigration based problem, just an uncomfortable truth the public have been brainwashed into ignoring.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Police checking tickets at a bus stop? That makes no sense to me.

second

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reminds me of an old training video I was shown in the Police Academy many years ago about knife attacks

video.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dylandalek
It isn't racism to point out that knifings are a predominantly immigration based problem, just an uncomfortable truth the public have been brainwashed into ignoring.

Quoted for truth. The US has the same problem with gun related crimes being predominately a black and Mexican problem. That isn't to say that all blacks and Mexicans are criminals and every other race are saints but if anyone points that fact out they are called racist. It's unfortunate.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief, knives are the most dangerous things for police officers. This was ingrained in us in college and then at the police academy. The reasons are simple:

1) they are small, compact
2) easily concealable
3) don't run out of ammo
4) can be used in close combat when it's hard to focus on the hands
5) in one swipe back and forth, can be debilitating even deadly on the spot

I will look for a video that was shown to us in college that explains that it takes a minimum of 21 feet for a police officer to react, pull out his gun, and get 1 shot out... and even at 21 feet, the suspect's momentum still enables him to reach the officer before the round actually takes effect...

I will add it when I find it...

Magnum

ETA : the video posted above is similar but not the same as the one I saw...
edit on 10/12/15 by Magnum007 because: to add ETA

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I posted that video above you sir. One slash of a sharp blade and all your tendons and ligaments in that bodypart like your forearm are useless, and if its your gun hand then forget about it!

Sorry Magnum I think we posted at the same time, I would love to see the vid your speaking of
edit on 15-12-2010 by ANOMALY502 because: editing

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Doujutsu
[more

Lets wait and see the names of the suspects...im pretty sure they wont be Jones or Smith's

Immigration is a massive problem here in the UK...we moan for good reason!! We are an island...we should have NO immigrants. People flee their countries for safety....how could they possibly get in the UK if they have to take the first safe country to reside?

Come to england....go to london...bradford....luton...pretty much anywhere and you will see immigrants out number brits BIG TIME!

Its not racist to point out facts....you are not the only stupid person that uses words they dont understand

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

No doubt this was gang related, an initiation maybe. As much as i dislike many of the actions the police take they do serve an important role in the community and i hope the officer and community support officer recover fully. However something i found interesting about the story was the police response. When a normal citizen gets stabbed you might get a couple of cars and a forensics van, a fellow officer gets stabbed and it's 10 cars. I know it's a minor issue but i think it's worth noting.

As for the guarenteed prison sentences for knife crime, i can see some innocent people going to prison. For example i once completely forgot i had a pruning knife in my pocket (i had been gardening) and was subject to a random search. It took a long time convincing the officer i wasn't out to hurt anyone and all that really saved me was the fact the pruning knife was shaped like a talon, so not really suited to stabbing someone.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A bulletproof vest that is capable of stopping a .44 magnum bullet fired from a handgun can be pierced by a knife or an icepick. Some officers may have a feeling that they are more protected than they actually are.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
A bulletproof vest that is capable of stopping a .44 magnum bullet fired from a handgun can be pierced by a knife or an icepick. Some officers may have a feeling that they are more protected than they actually are.

That depends on the vest though because knife/needle proof vests can also come in bulletproof varieties, but no doubt they're too expensive for police forces. I'm not sure about UK police equipment but i know stab vests are standard issue. Then again the vests don't defend every area.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Then again the vests don't defend every area.
Great point to remember.
I read an article about defeating bulletproof vests a number of years ago, the first strategy was to aim somewhere else!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dylandalek

I know many many white guys who either still do or when they were younger did carry knives for the sole purpose of fighting.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Usually prison guards go for the stab proof vests, for obvious reasons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join