It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Seeks 20 Additional F-35s After Failure of U.S. Swap for Peace Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Israel Seeks 20 Additional F-35s After Failure of U.S. Swap for Peace Plan

www.bloomberg.com

Israel still wants 20 additional F-35 fighter jets even after the failure of a U.S. offer to provide the planes in exchange for a freeze on Israeli settlement construction

The 20 jets would be in addition to 20 Lockheed Martin Corp.-built F-35 Joint Strike Fighters, valued at about $2.8 billion,

‘Wasn’t a Bribe’

The U.S. currently provides Israel $3 billion annually in military aid. The program isn’t as sufficient to buy protection as it had been 20 years ago when it began, Oren said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Israel gets $3BN annually in Military AID.

But Israel’s ambassador to the U.S., Michael Oren is saying this is insufficient and the American Taxpayer must do more to ensure:

The F-35 planes are the “ballast in helping Israel maintain its qualitative military edge”

To ensure their military edge, that's what it's for.

Wow, he is wanting to suck America Dry!!!!!!

Discussion on providing Israel with an additional set of 20 F-35 jets began around mid-year, part of a longstanding U.S. undertaking to help Israel “defend itself against any Middle East adversary or a combination of adversaries,” Oren said. “It wasn’t a bribe, and was not intended to be a bribe, but part of ongoing discussions.”

What does that even mean?
It wasn't a bribe, it was just part of discussions that are nothing but a facade.

What does that even mean
It means nothing that's what it means

To be honest even i'm surprised at this news article

Please read the entire article everyone, it's a very surprising article, I mean this is pretty bold and callous to the difficulties Americans are currently facing.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, we offered Israel 20 F-35s to suspend demolishing of Palestinian homes and the building of new Israeli settlements for three months, but Israel was like, "Screw that, 90-whole-days? You've got to be kidding me, do you know how long that is?!?"

So no dice, the Peace Plan is completely off the bargaining table, but since we put the 20 F-35s on the table Israel, the cute little spoiled girl that she is, isn't going to just forget about them, she wants them and she wants them now as show of good faith toward future “peace” deals.

Talk about rewarding a brat...
Does she need an aircraft carrier to launch them from too? Ok then, all you have to do is have a brief brunch with a few Palestinian peace leaders and its yours! Oh, you skipped the brunch? Well, you can have it anyway cause you are just so gosh darn cute...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yep.. Israel has to keep up .. After all its hard work grinding rock throwing kids into the ground with last years tanks and aircraft... And israeli intelligence just learned the palestinians now have paper airplanes.. So big brother amerika will give israel new aircraft to keep israel from crying that its not fair...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
So let me get this straight, we offered Israel 20 F-35s to suspend demolishing of Palestinian homes and the building of new Israeli settlements for three months, but Israel was like, "Screw that, 90-whole-days? You've got to be kidding me, do you know how long that is?!?"

So no dice, the Peace Plan is completely off the bargaining table, but since we put the 20 F-35s on the table Israel, the cute little spoiled girl that she is, isn't going to just forget about them, she wants them and she wants them now as show of good faith toward future “peace” deals.

Actually no, that's not at all what it is
Your scenario would be much better

See this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You already gave them 20 F-35s, AFTER receiving them Obama said forget the freeze request

What this article is talking about, as I understand it, is an ADDITIONAL 20 F-35s.

They want to double what they already got after not accomodating the very lame terms

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Oh, I thought the article was saying that they ordered the first 20 with the military aid money we give them each year. Then we offered 20 more for free if they didn't build for 90 days, but Israel refused to extend the hold on construction and would like the 20 extra that were offered anyway.

I dunno, that sounds like what you just said but different. I guess you'd know since you started multiple threads on the subject.

edit on 14-12-2010 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Israel is run by insane people.

Time for regime change. Come on. Let's do this. The whole world is sick of their BS.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I say, screw them.
The more people know about Israel, the more likely they will say the same. With the new consciousness and the awakening that is going on, they will want a 50 ft. wall around themselves before you know it so they can't see everyone shooting them the finger.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Stewie because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Oh well that does sound like what I said then...... I think lol

But ya the entire article is about the first 20 that they in condition of the freeze and them saying it's not enough
So ya the article is about the first 20 not being enough

I think we both got it but said it in different ways

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Interesting I know Congress would have to pass a law for F-22 raptors to be sold but they did it with the F-15 when it was number one,with Israels neighbours possibly going to get Mig 35's and other 4th generation Russian kit I dont know whether the F35 can fulfil the air superiority role,I thought it was a multi-tasker.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The sheer audacity and brazenness of those at the helm in Israel and Jerusalem West (DC) continue to astound me.

How can one cabal of like minded individuals dig in so deep as to elude all attempts to ignore what they want? Amazing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Quite sad to think that our own country is more concerned with spending and helping other countries while we ourselves are quickly going down the drain to ruin...

Just forget about OUR citizens and OUR country and focus on other countries. UNREAL.

Where do we get our elected officials? Is there a [color=skyblue]"Reject Bin" that we pull candidates from to vote into American politics? Where else can they be coming from??
edit on 14-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

When did US start negotiating with terrorists

Nothing else to add.

Zionists never tend to amaze me.

Asking for free war planes
and some actually try to argue regarding who the puppet master of US is.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If Israel needs more money then just tax their citizens more..
Simple, that's what other countries have to do...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

If Israel needs more money then just tax their citizens more..
Simple, that's what other countries have to do...

Since US is a Zionist puppet state, Zionists will TAX US.

I mean after all, they own US, no one can deny it anymore, I haven't seen anyone argue against it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Since US is a Zionist puppet state, Zionists will TAX US.

I mean after all, they own US, no one can deny it anymore, I haven't seen anyone argue against it.

Oh I saw someone arguing against it just last night..
I didn't bother...The jury is already in on that one..

BTW, I looked it up and Israeli Corporate tax rate is 25%..
On the low side for a developed country..
www.worldwide-tax.com...
edit on 14-12-2010 by backinblack because: add link

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Where do we get our elected officials? Is there a [color=skyblue]"Reject Bin" that we pull candidates from to vote into American politics? Where else can they be coming from??
edit on 14-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

Haha, a Reject Bin

Nice, never heard that one before

But yeah I agree, the pickings are slim to none

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

And they wonder why Snipes avoided his taxes. I wouldn't want to buy Zions death machines either.

"wasn't a bribe"

What is it then?

Why shouldn't they have to buy them like the rest of us.

Hell us Canadians paid Billions just a couple months ago for the same planes.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There are 130,000 Americans that were ''disabled retired'' out of our military.

They don't get paid. It's called the Chapter 61 Disability program. Only those with 20 years can get paid a retirement check.

Those poor smucks that dove into a ditch to avoid mortar fire and broke their backs for our country...get nothing but a Blue ID card saying "retired".

Meanwhile Congress still gives the Israeli's Billions every year.....

Reminds all of us who really runs the United States.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Israel is run by insane people.

Time for regime change.

I 100% agree

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join