It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Insanity of Evolutionist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
should evolutionist be allowed to promote a field of science as a religion ?

I have noticed on these boards specifically that alot of Evolutionist are completely insane, they go around trying to convince everybody of their dictated truth. Why can evolutionist see that their Theory is just a small part of the picture but it does not replace the (Why) question.

Evolution is not a replacement for religion although it would seem the evolutionist would try to make it... Why is that ?

personally it poses no threat to me or my beliefs, I have consumed evolution and it tasted good but I only consider it a small snack before the main course.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Where is there any proof to the fact that universe was created?? Where is the evidence to disprove evolution? I can say that I think the color blue doesn't exist and people that think it does exist are crazy, and it still doesn't make it true.

To have a good debate you must bring forward debatable proof for or against the subject you are trying to either endorse or debunk.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Please define 'Evolutionist' and 'Evolution' for me in your terms please?

This will help me answer you question.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
EDIT: Oops, somehow ended up replying to a different thread than I read... watch this space.
edit on 14/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

Huh, well, it seems that I somehow replied to a fusion of the two OPs in different threads. This is getting to be confusing with the same-author-different-thread thing...

Evolution ain't trying to replace religion. Like I've said a thousand (well, more than three) times, it doesn't care about religion. The only reason that science and religion have any argument is that while Science goes around answering cause and mechanism through logical interpretation of evidence, and Philosophy exists to ponder reason through abstract... well, reasoning... Religion, which is primarily a form of philosophy, has started to push their answer to "why" onto our turf, and saying that "how" is not so because "why" overrules.

Which is unfriendly, really. Naturally, we (those whose interest is science rather than philosophy - and let's not go calling one or the other childish, because that is just elitist and elitism I can talk about all day and all night, too).
edit on 14/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/12/2010 by TheWill because: incomplete sentences make less sense.

edit on 14/12/2010 by TheWill because: same as last

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So your argument goes as follows:

Straw man argument about how 'evolutionists' are trying to preach evolution as a religion (we're not, nobody is putting forth evolution as anything more than an explanation of biodiversity)....then you bold the word theory, as if that has any sort of importance (theories are the highest level of certainty in scientific thought)...then...nothing.

So why are people who accept evolution insane?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join