It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Essential OTC Medications to Stockpile

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Aspirin
Vaseline
Z-Pac (3rd Generation Antibiotic)
Acidopholus (Fore replenshing good bacteria in tract after Z-pac)
Vitamin D
Anti-Hystamine
Gaulfesten (Expectorant)
Rubbing Alcohol

I have experimented with Colloidal silver. It works wonders topically for rash/cold sores warts etc. Taken internally I am not so sure. As a mouthwash you will have a very clean mouth and a metallic taste for a little but in all honesty I would not ingest it or even use it as a mouthwash. For me, it's in the back of my head as a last ditch remedy when all else fails (Pandemic) and am looking to be good as gone.

Make your own CS: Distilled water + 9v battery or greater + two PURE silver electrodes (or 1oz bars) attach + and - submerge and let it brew. Looks like clouds coming off the silver. One side will form a dark scum clean that off.
The more cloudy/golden it becomes the higher the concentration of silver. Use a laser pointer and shine it through the glass to see how dense it is. PPM can be measured with a device available on ebay. Store in a dark place... It will stain skin and countertops in high concentration if left. Do not use tap water unless you only want to use it for feeding to plants or use topically. (Oh yeah as an added note, I have used Coloidal silver on plants I thought would not survive and they came back to me stronger than ever.)

Natural things to take that are safe and should be stored.

Honey
Cinamon
Cayenne
Apple cider vinegar
Soap
Salt
Sugar

If your illness makes you dehydrated remember: Water + Sugar + Salt = fastest way to rehydrate besides IV.
6 level teaspoons of sugar and 1/2 level teaspoon of salt dissolved in 1 litre of clean water. Treats diarhea.

edit on 23-12-2010 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Don't forget the Sizzurp

Seriously, I suffer from seasonal allergies that give rise to athsma, and the only 2 things that provide relieve are promethazine syrup (which is beyond the scope of this thread) and Nyquil.

I can function during the day, but cannot sleep at night, with the asthsma giving rise to sleep apnea or coughing fits that wake me up. I only need it for a week twice a year, but when I need it i NEED it.

The only other remedy that comes close is Jaegermeister.

Frau Doktor: "Why do you drink this retched Jaeger stuff?!?! It tastes like Nyquil."

Me: "You just answered your own question."

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying

Originally posted by starless and bible black
I wonder who put that top ten list together, seriously? I have never reached for anything on that list, and off the top of my head I can think of a few which are vital, and missing. No mention of aspirin...? Hydrogen peroxide?

Nursing student here and chiming in about hydrogen peroxide, it breaks down into water and oxygen on contact with the skin so it's a waste as far as wound cleaning is concerned (contact with an enzyme in the skin causes it to break down, the bubbling is the release of oxygen and what is left over is water). It's only good for disinfecting nonliving tissue. Sorry, I know everyone has it in their medicine cabinets, as I used to, but it doesn't work on skin.

Not quite. It is the Oxygen that is the antiseptic. You can put it in your bath water and soak up the oxygen, or soak your feet in it. It is great for people with poor circulation.
I don't think it is good for cleaning open wounds; it burns and further damages the injured tissue.

This talk of it "breaking down and therefore useless" is pure NWO Propaganda.

There is an iodine containing bacterial soap that would be good to have.

Check Farm Supply sites, there are a lot of good products that you can get cheaper than at the drug store.
You may have to buy more than you want tho. You can get bottle of injectable anti-biotics. You can take it oraly.You need to buy some syringes to get it out with. Pull some air into the syringe and then poke the needle thru the rubber top on the bottle. Expell the air into the bottle and pull out an equal amount of the fluid. And use a clean one each time. You will have to do some arithmatic to determine the dosage.
Also you can put it directly into an infected wound.

Alcohol - Regular alcohol, like Everclear is better than Rubbing Alcohol it does not have the toxic Propaline(or watever Prope) in it.

As to safety. Remember this stuff is used on Valuable Animals. No one would use something unclean on his Million Dollar Horse.
edit on 30-12-2010 by OhZone because: to add further comment

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

If you stockpile Pseudoephedrine, hydrogen peroxide Iodine and rubbing alcohol you can be arrested for having a meth lab for having any three togather, especially if you have more than 2 units.........boxes, bottles, whatever

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join