It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks founder Assange bailed, but release delayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Wikileaks founder Assange bailed, but release delayed

www.bbc.co.uk

His lawyer Mark Stephens said the case was turning into a "show trial".

A large crowd including demonstrators, reporters and a number of Mr Assange's high-profile supporters gathered outside City of Westminster Magistrates' Court for the bail hearing on Tuesday.

Journalists inside the court were given permission by the judge to report on proceedings live via micro-blogging website Twitter.

Mr Assange was granted bail on condition he provides a security of £200,000 to the court, with
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
"They clearly will not spare any expense but to keep Mr Assange in jail."

"He must also surrender his passport, obey a curfew at an address in Suffolk, wear an electronic tag and report to a local police station every evening."

So with those conditions its just a bit cheaper than keeping him locked up.

The article contains some very good points regarding the law and the politics involved in this case.

In some ways it seems the courts/government are helping him, but is this just for show?

Is Julian using them, does he have something on them? Or do they want to control him, seduce him even, after all he might have more foriegn intel that even MI6 could manage to muster.

The plot seems to be getting so large and interconnected that its easy to see many possible outcomes from this. These outcomes could come to fruition from any small decision or event that may come to pass.

Although I cant work out or begin to predict what is or is not going to happen, I am at least happy to be on the ride.

Any thoughts/scenarios more than welcome!

Peace

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14/12/2010 by LestatG because: Changed 16 to MI6, suppose th

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes...he may be found guilty at the end of the day and have to pay the max penelty of 750$ and take a STD test.

They should feel ashamed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I just caught this story as well, good timeline of the fiasco at
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

That does break it down quite nicely, thank you.

I do believe that the times are swaying, riots and protests rumbling on worldwide for one reason and another. Release of information and instant sharing.

Very exciting times, if you forgive the phrase, I dont mean to lessen the struggle of those who fighting to survive.

I do hope it is or the better, rather peace and fair resources for all rather than the FEMA camps and totalitarian police states.

I hope I am a part of the right decision as so many others.

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

no problem - i've been keeping an eye on developments as well.
you may find my other post linking the recent documentary interesting - cautionary war content disclaimer as some of the video is quite disturbing;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The plot thickens. The swedish authorities deny any responsibility for the appeal against his bail, saying its all the idea of the UK CPS to try and keep him locked up. Something is very very rotten here...

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join