It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scoutsniper

Don't forget to make and update your range cards for as many ammo types and conditions as possible... wouldn't want to be stuck using unfamiliar ammo in a lowatmospheric pressure environment and not be able to adjust on that 1107 yard shot that your life may depend on....

Jaden

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Jaden:
Nothing wrong with your post
; Just like to kickin: if I have to make an 1107 yard shot. It falls out of my( skill/equipment ) level and definition of "self defense." I think I can can get away from a threat 1100 yards away.( unless they connect on the first round.) I doubt somebody that skilled is goning to sihoulette themselves and be visible at that range.

51pages and going strong anybody feeling manipulated yet?

edit on 17-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

That distance was also an exageration, if you have to make a kill shot on the first round, even from 3-600 yards away, you better have good range cards for the ammo you're using and the atmospheric conditions, including wind. Of course estimating wind changes, especially traveling through canyons where wind direction and speed can change several times over a long distance shot can be the most difficult....

Jaden

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Roger that. Range cards are made and "water tight", including "wind"( zero to full value), "spin drift", "humidity", "angle" all the way from sea level to 7000 ASL. The "lot" number won't be a problem because we "reload" our own (To within 1/1000 gr. for powder and to within 5/10000 bullet seating depth ogive to lans and grooves). "Correct consistency equals greater accuracy". Just a little more "bang for the buck".
IE: "For A Few Dollars More" Thanks Great post. You sir, are correct.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

this is a joke thread right?

you can not be serious?

We are the largest standing army in the only beacon of freedom in the world.

now, if would could educate all the sheep then take a stand we could enact positive changes within this corporate/government corruption...

they take our guns..

they take the world..

and they have been trying...

waco - had legal guns..

ruby ridge - set up gun sale sting ..

OK bombing - 3 truck bombs.. one bomber..

911 . . new american century "patriot" act already written & fear forced through.. ..

false flag pys-ops designed to remove the weapons & personal freedoms from the people..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

U.S. vs Emerson: In Emerson, the court ruled, " The plain meaning of the right of the people to keep arms is that of an individual, rather than the collective, right and is not limited to keeping arms while engaged in active miliatry service or as a member of a select milita such as the national guard. We conclude that [United States vs.] Miller, ( the legal precedent by which the court considered Emerson) does not support the ( Clinton Admin ) collective rights of sophisticated collective rights approach to the Second Amendment.

Court ruling..case closed~

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
for the same reason Californians buy earthquake insurance and keep 3 days worth of food despite the fact that never in the history of our modern state has the food supply been cut off.

But 2 million times a year guns are used to protect life in this country.

2 million - that's why

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

You sir are exactly correct. I know exactly where Ruby Ridge is. Randy Weaver was used by clinton for clintons political purpose, but, Randy survived. His wife and son did not. Randy was Special Forces Green Beret. Who would send over two hundred ATF and FBI to arrest some one charged with possession of an illegal sawed off shot gun? Clinton. Clinton used Reno for Waco, she had just been sworn in if you recall. She was used as the "buffer". TPTB use a lot of "buffers". The sheriff could have gone there to make the arrest. He was told to "stand down" by the FBI.
Only a fool would trust the government. Both "parties"(sic) work for the NWO. "Double headed coin"

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

.Another fine post. Canyons and across water (lakes etc) and over berms will have the same effect. Updrafts etc.
We made a habit of "not cleaning" our long range weapons until we had fired just about 30-40 shots. After cleaning a weapon, there is a difference in the zero from the fist round to about the 5th round. After that the rounds generally keep their consistency. Some guys will fire "spotters" prior to a 1000 yard match so as to "dirty" the lans and grooves. Depending on the range, our first shot needed to be adjusted just a bit higher. Molybdenum Disulfide coating will definitely change your zero. Some guys use it and even coat their rounds with it. A "cold bore shot" which gives you a "confirmed" at 1000 yards is challenging, but has been done.

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Excellent post ST3.

When do you start your campaign? Need a manager? I just happen to know a guy..................

Scoutsniper

edit on 17-12-2010 by scoutsniper because: I added a comment

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

We have guns because that is how we founded our country. Dudes living in caves in the middle east have ak's. Heck, even their children have machine guns. Americans! Keep teaching your children how to shoot and keep enough guns for your family!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Reeferman, the "ape" is only concerned with making himself known. He is probably bucking for a spot on the "Top 50 Posters" at ATS. One look in his eyes tells the story. To argue with an ape is to become one. He'll go back to his bananas in time.
In the meantime, we shall keep our intensions true as well as our "aim". "+"

Scoutsniper

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Understood, but my main concern is the unlawful people who wont bother with the legal forms. The younger violent people that I refer to often obtain weapons from other states or other means. These are the one that have no intentions of using them for self defense or hunting, other than the human kind. When someone obtains these types of weapons illegally or uses them, I feel that the penalties should be a whole lot more harsh.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoutsniper

Reeferman, the "ape" is only concerned with making himself known. He is probably bucking for a spot on the "Top 50 Posters" at ATS. One look in his eyes tells the story. To argue with an ape is to become one. He'll go back to his bananas in time.
In the meantime, we shall keep our intensions true as well as our "aim". "+"

Scoutsniper

'
Zactly I punched up "federalist papers second amendment" into google just to see what pops up and guess what?

This thread is #2on google results page.( somehow I feel we are being led around by the nose on a hot button issue)...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

"Someone suggested that long automatics should be banned. Truthfully, you can't hit diddly squat with a rifle on automatic. You want to effect kills - you pick your shots. Nothing like a shotgun or fully automatic weapon in a small room, but it's generally a big waste of ammo otherwise. "

Truthfully, a non caring criminal can hit a lot on automatic, that is what concerns me. A lot of what/who they hit are not the intended targets. I doubt that I will ever encounter the common street thug at the firing range honing their accuracy.
Also, I very much agree with you, a lot can be accomplished with "just a pistol". In the hands of someone who is practiced with a weapon, even a 2 inch pocket knife can be effective against an armed assailant.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by scoutsniper

Don't forget to make and update your range cards for as many ammo types and conditions as possible... wouldn't want to be stuck using unfamiliar ammo in a lowatmospheric pressure environment and not be able to adjust on that 1107 yard shot that your life may depend on....

Jaden

If I take a shot at someone from that distance, I doubt that my life depends on it. Assuming that all laws are in place and that total anarchy has not consumed the country.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You do realize that "rippinf up the second amendment" would do nothing to keep criminals like this from robbing and killing just like they always do. At least with the second amendment shopkeepers such as the gentleman in the story above have a chance to defend themselves.

Or you could be like the UK and ban guns, only to have violent crime be almost five times higher than it is here in the US. Look it up yourself. I'm not your librarian.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Here is another example of why our second amendment rights should be defended:

www.theblaze.com...

More fodder for Uncle Ted!

The store owner has to live with the fact he was forced, by these criminals, to defend himself, his family and his property in this manner. That may not bother some, but I believe it would me, in spite of the fact they deserved it. Be that as it may, thanks to him, no money will be wasted in their arrest, trial, or incarceration.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lance_covel

There are already weapons enhancements for crimes committed while using a firearm of ANY kind. There's no need to nitpick at what kind of weapon they used.

Besides the AR 15 civilian semi-auto rifle is so rarely used in any crimes, it's almost not worth the mention. They account for 1/5th of one percent of all crimes committed with firearms.
edit on 18-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by zerbot565

RAPE? A lot of this is demographics. Lets just give Europe a little time to catch up, with the Muslim invasion underway, and other things that are no doubt in store for them.

Maybe Europe will get a million more African immigrants in the next decade, then let's see about the "rape" stats, many Africans don't consider what they do "rape", especially if it's one of their wives, (or goats.)

Still seems like apples and oranges. Remember, you can take the ape out of the jungle, but you can't always take the jungle out of the ape. Europe...Just wait. You will pay for your willful utopian fantasies.

Then, you will wish you had guns. Look to South Africa's recent history. How would you like to be a white farmer's daughter when dozens of self-righteous natives come "banging" at her door??

JR

I call racism, and of a particularly nasty kind as well. You should be ashamed! Vicky

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join