It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: Posting Bail for Julian Assange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Moore or others who profit from alternative information and fear-mongering, but there is a thin line between that and truth in my humble opinion.

I thought y'all might find this interesting:
www.michaelmoore.com... bail-money

Yesterday, in the Westminster Magistrates Court in London, the lawyers for WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange presented to the judge a document from me stating that I have put up $20,000 of my own money to help bail Mr. Assange out of jail.

Michael goes on in the article to state that he is offering his web resources such as servers and the like to help keep WikiLeaks online. I'm still straddling the fence on the WikiLeaks thing...but thought this story needed to be shared. Enjoy!
edit on 14-12-2010 by glitchinthematrix because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I guess Moore is hoping for some reflected glory and cheap publicity.
His movies haven't been doing too well lately.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yea MM has a reputation for being a disinformation agent for tptb. (Apparently) he promotes truths that tptb want us to believe, he 'soft core' whistleblows in order to help hide the darker truths. If this is true he is either helping Assange because they are both working for the darkside, or as posted above MM is jumping on the band wagon to try and get some Kudos from the recent events. Your guess is as good as mine...
edit on 14-12-2010 by Lagrimas because: nothing

edit on 14-12-2010 by Lagrimas because: grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
hes rich he should of offered a million....hes attention whoring

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Surely this is just about garnering attention for himself...............thaat being said, it seems birds of a feather. Both are American hating scum and deserve each other.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

I agree... the sum of 20, 000 is .....more of a statement than a 'commitment' or stretch, considering he likely has multi-milions upon millions..

Perhaps ... mission accomplished?
edit on 14-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

I take no issue with Michael Moore personally... he documents what he believes is important to expose... and he is passioniate about it... and typically stands on the side of 'common sense' and ideal-truth.

I respect him... and I think it was a bold gesture.
edit on 14-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
While I think the lot of you are a bunch of nay-sayers, the fact is that bail was denied by the English judge. There is no bail to post. There is nothing Michael Moore or anyone can do about that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
While I think the lot of you are a bunch of nay-sayers, the fact is that bail was denied by the English judge. There is no bail to post. There is nothing Michael Moore or anyone can do about that.

I was waiting to hear the outcome of todays hearings (14th) to see if he gets bail or not.. has the news been posted already then?

edit to add: I can't find anything and am working at home today with the news on in the background so I can keep updated on events

edit edit to add: the news is still waiting on the hearing (today 14th Dec) at least that is what the talking heads are saying on the gogglebox

Edit edit edit to add the journalists will be allowed to Tweet from the court.

edit on 14/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Sorry, I did not know the issue was being re-visited. Personally I thought it ludricous that he was denied in the first place, considering he was only wanted for questioning. It made you think that the English government had other reasons for holding him -- like sucking up to the Americns or something.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Sorry, I did not know the issue was being re-visited. Personally I thought it ludricous that he was denied in the first place, considering he was only wanted for questioning. It made you think that the English government had other reasons for holding him -- like sucking up to the Americns or something.

Well, it seems the judge did not like being given an Australian PO Box number instead of an address.. at least that is what they are saying.. take that with a pinch of salt..

My take on this has always been confused with far to many questions, why he was in the UK in the first place ect.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

HaHa, is that what you really think it was about? I think it was more likely he just happened to be in London when the arrest warrent came through.
Having said that our political leaders do seem to be a pretty frail lot at the moment so maybe you could be right.
I find it more likely that all the gvmts want Assange stopped as much as the US does tbh... Its not great for any of the leaders: wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Mike Moore is right up there with Ron Paul as being in the top ten of greatest modern American patriots.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

"Both are American hating scum and deserve each other."

Spoken like a true fascist and boot licker for the government and the oligarchs.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

He's also a fantastic barometer of sorts. All I have to do is watch strangers react to him, and I automatically know what box to put them in as well..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

We know what his next docu-movie is going to be about!I wonder what he will name it?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by pajoly

He's also a fantastic barometer of sorts. All I have to do is watch strangers react to him, and I automatically know what box to put them in as well..

Exactly! That is the nicest way of saying it as well.
It would also be interesting to see how many of these people feel the same way about Daniel Ellsberg.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Surely this is just about garnering attention for himself...............thaat being said, it seems birds of a feather. Both are American hating scum and deserve each other.

Just because you don't agree with him, I doubt it follows that Moore is American hating scum. In fact, how about you contact him directly and tell him so, and post his response. I'm not talking about an exchange of shots (though he is a lifetime member of the NRA), I mean present him with your assertion with as sound an argument as you can muster, then provide us with his side of the debate.

In fact, Moore must be aware of ATS...how about the Three Amigos contact him and arrange for a real-time on-line debate? You and Moore.

Then you can take on Assange. Up for all that?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Moore is accomplishing a lot with this very public gesture.

For starters, he's getting publicity for the Wikileaks cause. Not a small thing at all.

...even tho Assange is in custody for questioning about allegations, we all know this is about Wikileaks.

Support freedom of expression, and Freedom of the Press.

Sign the Petition.

edit on 14/12/10 by soficrow because: format

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

He probably just wants to meet Assange since Assange is basically doing what Moore attempts to do, but with legitimacy. Maybe he wants to get at him to do a documentary, he will probably try to embed with WL.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

well it seems he got conditional bail for £240,000 and they are expecting him to be released tomorrow.

but it is conditional...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join