It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screaming woman publicly flogged by laughing policemen in shocking video from Sudan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Screaming woman publicly flogged by laughing policemen in shocking video from Sudan

www.dailymail.co.u k

Sudan's judiciary opened an investigation into the horrifying video of a woman being flogged that has been widely circulated on the internet, the state news agency reported Sunday The video shows a woman in a voluminous cloak on her knees screaming and pleading with blue- uniformed policemen, identified as Sudanese, who take turns whipping her across the head and feet. One officer laughs when he realizes he is being filmed
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
For wearing trousers!

Thats what happens under shariah if you, as a fully grown woman, decide to wear trousers.. In the UK there would be at least a couple of million women getting whacked on the head with a stick by a couple of laughing, bearded scumbags, who are clearly devoid of any way to keep their women unless its kicking the crap out of them..

Clearly not satisfied with that, then they go joyriding into Darfur to pick up a few slaves..

Remember

We let these Sudanese islamic, women hating, slave trading scum into our country.

Beggars belief eh?

www.dailymail.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDA: I will not post the vid because there are kids on this site.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What I don't understand is how can wearing trousers be classed as immoral dress, when they cover more up than a dress, which has the capability of being blown around in the wind?

Let's face it, we don't want to be seeing a bit of ankle now do we? That would be an instant death sentence surely!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The way I see it, if they are sick of it, they will get together and simply overrun the local authorities and demand freedom from the law. I will assume until then that they enjoy their religion and society or truly lack the ability to fight back effectively.
edit on 14-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
What I don't understand is how can wearing trousers be classed as immoral dress, when they cover more up than a dress, which has the capability of being blown around in the wind?

Let's face it, we don't want to be seeing a bit of ankle now do we? That would be an instant death sentence surely!

They cant "wear the pants" in any way shape or form it seems.. The sky would quake and allah would be pissed if a woman wore man-pants did you not know?

In fact it was gay people and un ruley females who start earthquakes, and showing a bit of wrist causes solar flares

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Of course! Didn't you know it was Lady Godiva who brought about the Black Death all throughout Europe?

We can't let these harlets out and nudity is obviously giong to be the end of humanity as we know it!!

[/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Funny thing is, Sudan is a member of the 'United Nations Commission on Human Rights'.
Darfur anyone ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Funny thing is, Sudan is a member of the 'United Nations Commission on Human Rights'.
Darfur anyone ?

Yeah, so are the UK and USA, it's never stopped them from torturing the odd terrorist.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Are you Jewish by any chance?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
That made me sick to my stomach and ever so glad to be an American. It isn't always sunshine and flowers over here in Georgia ... but it's much better than that.

Poor woman.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I think Pat Condell puts your last perfectly

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

How is this relevant to the thread.

Speaking of irrelevant:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b94c395ab3af.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It is barbarian to be sure. Not one onlooker raised a protest so it must be ingrained in their society.

Still, you should not generalize this to Muslims. It wasn't all that long ago that women were considered "property" here in the west as well and a man had a right to beat his wife. It was considered proper then although we now frown upon it and a man would be charged if he did this.

The modern Muslims living here now do not engage in this sort of thing. In fact the women wear every kind of dress style there is; including pants. Some cover their heads; some do not. I see many of the Muslim women being quite assertive in dealing with their husbands. (There is a mosque next door to my house).

I wouldn't agree that just because they do this in Sudan means they will do it here. That is sensationalizing, but I read between the lines that you are using this horrible video because you have another agenda.

I can't speak to your real issue because where I live it isn't a problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Wtf has that got to do with the op?

Are you jewish? Christian? Muslim? What colour underpants you wearing and what you had for dinner?

EDA: Do you think its ok to beat the crap out of women for wearing trousers? Or are you more concerned with my religion? Because if thats the case then you have some real messed up priorities

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Darfur anyone ?

Yeah, so are the UK and USA, it's never stopped them from torturing the odd terrorist.

Maybe you should read some information regarding the Darfur genocide, before making more stupid comparisons like you just did.

www.eyesondarfur.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
The way I see it, if they are sick of it, they will get together and simply overrun the local authorities and demand freedom from the law.

It doesn't work that way. Islamic women over there are all victims of mental and physical abuse. They have been trained by their captors to think a certain way. Most of the women overthere haven't got an education and wouldn't know where to turn. Once free from their male captors (the husbands, fathers, brothers, male dominated culture etc) they wouldn't know how to take care of themselves or earn a living. The entire system overthere is male dominated. The women haven't got a chance. Their only hope is for others outside the Islamic world to educate the men ... to expose Islam for what it is.

Study psychology of abuse victims. These women see no way out.
And there aren't escape avenues for them.
edit on 12/14/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Are you jewish? Christian? Muslim? What colour underpants you wearing and what you had for dinner?

I just see alot of jewish people posting about the dangers of Sharia law in order to justify whats going on in the "homeland". Just looking at your recent postings, its pretty obvious. lol. I think its very dangerous to put a whole religion under an umbrella (including judism). There are christians who volunteer to feed people every day, and there are christians who pickett funerals of gay soldiers. I don't consider myself any religion and I'm a mixed breed, so I'm not taking up for muslims cause i'm muslim.

Yes the vid is stupid and horrible
edit on 14-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

I just see alot of jewish people posting about the dangers of Sharia law in order to justify whats going on in the "homeland". Just looking at your recent postings, its pretty obvious. lol. I think its very dangerous to put a whole religion under an umbrella. I don't consider myself any religion and I'm a mixed breed, so I'm not taking up for muslims cause i'm muslim.

Yes the vid is stupid and horrible

Im English

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
hey, send me over there somebody....there's this thing i have to do...

and someone get the phone number of that officer..!

edit on 14-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: take the TRASH OUT

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Darfur anyone ?

Maybe you should read some information regarding the Darfur genocide, before making more stupid comparisons like you just did.

www.eyesondarfur.com...

I was being sarcastic to be honest mate, but it doesn't detract from the point that being part of that organisation means diddly squat when it comes to countries actually adhearing to the rules.

I'll admit, it was kinda like comparing the 3rd Reich to the KKK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join