It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Feed Of Earth/Sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've done a few searches around ATS, which turned up nothing. I also searched a bit on Google but was unable to find anything with live feed or similar.

When I was about 6 or 7, [so this would have been the early 90's], I lived in a very small town in northern Ontario, Canada. My grandparents lived across the road and I remember when I would go visit them, on their TV there was a channel that seemed to just be live feed from a satellite orbiting earth. I know it was a channel and not a recording because in the beginning I would change it to look for cartoons [being a kid and all] but after a few weeks of seeing it, after a while I would "channel surf" until I found it and got a lot of enjoyment from it. [small town kids
].

So, it's been a while and every now and again this memory pops into my head and I think it would be awesome to be able to watch something like that. Does anyone know of any sites off hand that have it available?

The question regarding the sun is basically the same idea. I don't know very much about it and would like to learn. I have a multitude of books and countless websites, but again, nothing to actually view it live, if there is such a thing.

Feel free to share any interesting links. No one seems to remember this channel but really, for me, it started off my fascination with Astronomy.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hiya

www.nasa.com TV Stations - Watch the ISS live feed.

www.spaceweather.com This has some daily info About the sun.

hope these help!

DM

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Matters

I've got the DISH network, and they have a channel which is a 24/7 feed of earth from one of their satellites. It's pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Matters
Hiya

www.nasa.com TV Stations - Watch the ISS live feed.

www.spaceweather.com This has some daily info About the sun.

hope these help!

DM

Thank you for the two links. I have the Space Weather one bookmarked already, a reminder maybe I should look at it more. The NASA one is great as well, while not specifically what I was talking about, it's still worth a look and I'm currently watching the Space Station Feed.

Originally posted by Tvision
reply to post by Dark_Matters

I've got the DISH network, and they have a channel which is a 24/7 feed of earth from one of their satellites. It's pretty cool.

I appreciate that as well. I only have cable though as I don't watch TV really at all.

new topics

top topics

join